XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 20, 2024, 12:07:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Was no sound no track given error - now no sound and out of memory error  (Read 20577 times)
bhobba
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« on: April 24, 2010, 02:45:53 am »

Hi

Just downloaded the demo version XXHighEnd to check it out on my desktop PC (not my audio pc which I haven't set up yet).  Got around the 8.3 name error by changing the registry.  However whenever I play anything I get no sound then after a while a no track given error appears.  Since this is just for checking out purposes I have not connected a dac or anything like that; simply using the motherboards soundcard.  Anyway hoping someone can help with whats going on.  The main thing I want to do at the moment is check it out.  I am trying to decide whether to go for a Windows or a Mac as my music server.  Personally I prefer a Windows set up, but the posts I read all seem to say get a mac mini.  I am not 100% convinced about this.

Noticed someone else had a similar problem and it seems to be associated with nothing appearing in the KS Mode box.  I have nothing there and it does not matter what I try I cant get anything to appear there.

Tried using an older version of the software.  Still got the same problems.  So reinstalled the latest version.  Now I still have no sound but now get out of memory error.

Thanks
Bill
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 06:44:37 am »

Hi

Just downloaded the demo version XXHighEnd to check it out on my desktop PC (not my audio pc which I haven't set up yet).  Got around the 8.3 name error by changing the registry.  However whenever I play anything I get no sound then after a while a no track given error appears.  Since this is just for checking out purposes I have not connected a dac or anything like that; simply using the motherboards soundcard.  Anyway hoping someone can help with whats going on.  The main thing I want to do at the moment is check it out.  I am trying to decide whether to go for a Windows or a Mac as my music server.  Personally I prefer a Windows set up, but the posts I read all seem to say get a mac mini.  I am not 100% convinced about this.

Noticed someone else had a similar problem and it seems to be associated with nothing appearing in the KS Mode box.  I have nothing there and it does not matter what I try I cant get anything to appear there.

Tried using an older version of the software.  Still got the same problems.  So reinstalled the latest version.  Now I still have no sound but now get out of memory error.

Thanks
Bill

Bill,

can you give us a quick rundown on your desktop PC's components? O/S , CPU type , Ram , Motherboard's sound device should be sufficient for the moment.

In case you haven't read it yet, the "Installation Guide for Dummies" ( http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=833.0 ) is a must read initially. I would presume you have but thought it necessary to check.

The lack of entries for KS in the setup page is likely due to limitations of the on-board sound device ( or drivers ).

We'll get you going before too long Happy

Russ

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
bhobba
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 08:12:07 am »

Hi

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have an I7 860 on a P7P55DLE motherboard and am using the motherboards inbuilt sound-card which the manual says is an absolute pitch BD 192/24 (whatever that is - of course I know what 192/24 means I just don't know what absolute pitch BD is).  I have two Falcon 64gb SSD drives raid-0 as my boot drive and a 320gb hard drive for my D drive.  I have 4gb ram and am running windows 7 home edition.

Oh and I forgot to mention when I installed the older version and had the same problems then reverted back to the latest version the KS box is now populated - but I am now getting an out of memory error. 

Now I know it is a 192/24 DAC I set that as the dac and that seems to have stopped the out of memory error but still no sound.  BTW foobar works perfectly.

Getting out of memory exception error again now.

Thanks
Bill
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 10:53:06 am »

Hi Bill,

In the Settings Area (towards the bottom) there's a field "Split File at size". Set this to a low value (like 60) and let me know what happens.
Also, do not use any Doubling or Upsampling for the moment and use a normal CD (16/44.1) at trying.

I can't tell whether the internal soundcard can cope with even 44.1 (you can see that in the device properties (start at the loudspeaker icon) in the advanced tabm and the combobox in there <- no need to change anything there because it doesn't do anything). But if not, you'd have to tick the box "96/192 only" in the Settins Area and next use Anti Imaging filtering.

Let me know if this is not clear enough (I'm known for being not clear Happy)
Peter

PS: Not much MAC-Mini provocers in here, I can tell you ! And keep in mind there's not much playback software for it either (that's why each new found piece of MAC software is a hype immedietaly; try to see through it !)

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
bhobba
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 11:29:40 am »

Hi Peter

You are perfectly clear to me mate - no problemo.

Tried that - makes no difference - but the out of memory exception error comes up earlier now.  Still no sound.  Foobar still works perfectly.

Yea I take with a little bit of salt claims that the mac mini bests a windows machine.  Even though they claimed double blind tests to prove it.  I wonder exactly what windows machine they were using.  It was made by the makers of the tranquility DAC which by all accounts is actually a very good DAC and developed using (supposedly anyway) double blind tests by ex bell engineers.  But they make the claim that even the USB cable makes an audible difference.  I must admit I find that hard to believe - but if they are telling the truth double blind test can't really be faked.  But they also say there is no reason technically why a windows machine should not sound as good or even better.  Anyway we can all have a longer chat abut it once we get it working.

Thanks
Bill

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 12:13:14 pm »

Hi Bill - about the latter, what they forget is that software already sounds (VERY) different, not matter all output is "bit perfect". So how can they have compared decently, knowing that the playback software could not be the same.

About your problem ... I can't think of what this is. I mean, with that parameter set to 60 (but you can go as low as 12, you might try it), there is no way I know of you can go out of memory. Thus, it must be something in the driver ...

If you say Foobar works ... with what means of sound did you try it ? WASAPI ? KS ?
And for XX actually the same, did you try WASAPI as well ? (these are the devices without the KS: prefix)

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
bhobba
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 12:58:54 pm »

Hi Peter

Foobar works with and without WAPSI.

I dont quite know what you mean by 'And for XX actually the same, did you try WASAPI as well ? (these are the devices without the KS: prefix)'

Anyway heading off to get a bit of dinner and sit down to watch a bit of TV.  Will let it regurgitate overnight and read the idiots guide again.  Might be some silly thing I am doing.  Will do another post tomorrow (Aus time) about what eventuates.

Thanks
Bill
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 01:09:35 pm »

G'day once again !

I dont quite know what you mean by 'And for XX actually the same, did you try WASAPI as well ?

As kind of said : Choose an output device (Settings Area) that is NOT prefixed with "KS:"
This will be WASAPI.

It looks like you tried Foobar with WASAPI and XXHighEnd with Kernel Streaming. This is apples and oranges !
But as far as I can expect now, WASAPI will work, and you will have a problem with the KS driver (don't bother with the latter, and get along with the former).

Have a nice evening !
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
bhobba
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 11:55:36 pm »

Hi Peter

Now I think we are getting to the heart of the problem.  In Foobar I had to download WASAPI as a dll I put in my component directory - foo_out_wapsi_dll.  After doing that I had twice the number of devices output devices available for me to select - the previous 3 devices with DS in front of them and 3 new devices with WASAPI in front of them but exactly the same name after.  I do not see any name for me to select from in XXHighend what has WASAPI in front of them.  Could this be the problem?

I also have to mention I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but after doing that I lost any info in the KS mode box.  I suspect I could get it back again by uninstalling the current version, installing an older version, and installing the current version.  I am loathe to do this however for a few reasons.  First I want to get this WASAPI thing sorted out.  Secondly I don't have any ability to actually select anything in those boxes even though they are drop down.  That may also have something to do with it.  An lastly I think it it is in fact related my problems.

Thanks
Bill 
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 10:57:47 am »

Hey Bill,

I now wonder whether you ever tried Foobar WASAPI. I mean, it looks like you're telling you just downloaded that dll for it. Or ?
Anyway, if you say "In Foobar it works", it should work with WASAPI. Does it ?

Next, in XXHighEnd you have to choose any device not preceeded with "KS:". So, there's no WASAPI mentioned, but it is as long as it is no Kernel Streaming (KS:) device.

The empty KS Mode box is unintentional and my fault. But, it is no problem for now, because that is Kernel Streaming while right now we are focusing on WASAPI (one thing at a time).

And keep in mind Bill, the fact Foobar does or does not play (WASAPI !) is key here. If XXHighEnd works, fine, but if not and Foobar does, it's my turn to find out why.

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
bhobba
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 11:48:29 am »

Hi Peter

Thanks for you perseverance in this matter.  It is appreciated.

Yes I not only have used WASAPI in foobar but since I downloaded it it is all I use.  I have just now checked it and confirmed the device I am using is WASAPI Speakers - High Definition Output Device - exactly the same as the option I am using in XXHighend - except it does not have WASAPI in front of it.  And I am certain foobar is using WASAPI as well since programs that do not use it output no sound when I am playing foobar.  I actually rather like this feature because it stops the programs annoying me while I am listening.  Rest assured I am not playing foobar when I am using XXHighend.

Out of curiosity I tried to play XXHighend while Foobar was playing.  It wouldn't let me saying the device was in use.  I don't know if that helps at all.

Thanks
Bill
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 01:27:23 pm »

I just don't get it.

Would it be possible for you to create a new folder for XX, install the original 0.9y-8 in there and over that paste the 0.9y-8c ?
(I only want to be sure you don't have mixed two versions).

Also I wonder where actually the out of memory comes from. Can you post a screen copy of the error ?

Lastly, you may turn on your logging (at the bottom in the Settings Area) and post the XX, X3 and X3PB log file (in the TemporaryData folder under your XX folder). Thus, let the error appear, then get the log files an attach them here.

PS: It won't be a coveart picture erroring out ?

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 01:51:01 pm »

So I assume your output device selection  in XX is "Speakers/Headphones" since you are using the mobo sound device? This automatically selects engine 3 (wasapi) here. If so, have you tried ticking 32 bits in the dac settings? Just wondering.

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
bhobba
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 11:49:07 pm »

Hi Peter

As explained in a previous post I am not getting the out of memory error any more - I am getting the track wont play error because the KS mode box is not populated.  To force it to get the out of memory error I need to install a previous version then reinstall the current version which I will now do.  Your work around for the KS box error will not work for me because I don't have any devices with KS in front of them to select.

After installing an earlier version I will reinstall the latest version exactly as you describe it by creating a new folder and overwriting it with the C version

As for posting the screen I don't really know how to do that because in all the years I have been using PC I have never had reason to do it.

I will post the logging information.

Thanks
Bill
bhobba
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 11:53:25 pm »

So I assume your output device selection  in XX is "Speakers/Headphones" since you are using the mobo sound device? This automatically selects engine 3 (wasapi) here. If so, have you tried ticking 32 bits in the dac settings? Just wondering.

The output device I selected in XXHighend is (and this is an exact copy) Speakers - High Definition Output Device.  The output device I selected in Foobar is (again exact copy) WASAPI Speakers - High Definition Output Device.

I have tries ticking the 32 bit dac settings and heaps of other stuff.  I will try them again.

Thanks
Bill
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: