XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 25, 2024, 01:24:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: moving XXHighEnd  (Read 5087 times)
wimck
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:39:12 pm »

Hi Peter!

I have two partitions on my new PC. On the small C partition I have Windows and XXHighEnd and on the D partition my music albums.
The idea is that if I have to re-install Windows I only have to install Windows and XXHighend and not all the albums.

When the re-install is needed can I move XXHighEnd from C to the D partition, format the C partition and re-install Windows and move XXHighEnd back from D to C?

I know it is possible to move  Grin   but will XXHighEnd work again?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 and XXHighEnd on SSD - music on spinning disk @SATAII - Athlon II dual core 2,9Ghz - Engine#4 -Adaptive Mode - Q1/2/3/4/5 = 1/0/0/0/0 - Buffer 1024 - MIxed Contiguous - SFS 20 - Playerprio Low - ThreadPrio Real Time - All Services Off

PC -> M2Tech EVO -> 10 m Canare digiflex Gold II -> TagMcLaren AV192 / 2x250MR -> VS Unifield3 -> my ears
Telstar
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:03:40 pm »

I know it is possible to move  Grin   but will XXHighEnd work again?

Where is the gallery? If it is in the same path (i.e. C:\xxgallery , on the SSD in my case), it shoudl work fine.
I always copy the whole folder and xxhe worked for me so far.
Do this - copy it (duplicate the folder) and run it from the new location. Adjust the temp folders etc in the settings. restart. if all works good you can delete the old folder.

I suspect that v1.0 will come with an installer Wink

(2nd Apr 2018)
Software:
W10 14393 Pro x64 | XXHE 2.10 | MinOS | Q=14x1/0/0/0/0 | SFS 5,19 mixed contiguous | Nervous rate 1 | 4096k buffer |

Hardware:
OrigenAE H5 case | E5300 fanless |  8GB RAM | Winmate DC-DC fanless PSU | OS on SSD | Renesas USB3 pcie card | Belden highspeed usb cable | Audio-gd dac19 NOS with sigxer F1 | My_ref_FE mono amps | Albedo Apex speakers
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:03:47 am »

When the re-install is needed can I move XXHighEnd from C to the D partition, format the C partition and re-install Windows and move XXHighEnd back from D to C?

A couple of things to note when you do this Wimck:

• The network name (and environment) will need to be the same as previous, otherwise you'll be asking Peter for a new unlock code.
  • Your previous XXHE settings won't be available to reference, as they are stored in the "Documents are Settings" sub-folders, so you will need to manually set those up again.

I don't think the effort to move your current working XXHE folder across to D: and back again is warranted, as it will be just like setting up a new version anyway, so you might as well use that approach by grabbing the latest "install" zip when the time comes.

In the meantime, just make a copy of your current XXHighEnd1xx.dat file on your D: drive somewhere for safe keeping, then subsequently copy it your newly created XXHE folder when you have resurrected your C: drive.

If, on the C: drive, you have your galleries structured by different genres etc. that don't mimic the actual folder structure of the music files themselves, then you should copy the gallery across to the D: drive in preparation for a re-install of your operating system. If your gallery is on the D: drive currently then nothing needs to be done.

Cheers,

Russ

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: