XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 20, 2024, 02:29:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Software DSP  (Read 23912 times)
pedal
Audio Enthusiast

XXHighEnd is THE best buy in Hi-Fi. Thank U Peter!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 04:42:04 pm »

Pedal, don't start drilling ports in your good speakers. I closed mine too. I just open some doors once in a while. Happy

South East seems the wrong direction to me. South west is better.
innocent

Leif is living an hour drive South East of me. It's time to listen to his new bass towers. He probably has a reason to be soo proud and happy.

Speaking about bass performance. Lately I have been listening exclusively to hi-rez music, from various DVD-A, DualDiscs, downloads, etc.
-It's interesting to hear how the bass improves with hi-rez. Not only the treble. With hi-rez there is more texture and naturalness on both acoustic and electric bass (guitar). It has a very "analouge" feeling in the mid and upper bass. In the bottom octave, of course, there is more feel than hear. The room is shaking with a solidity never ever heard from vinyl.

In the past, every time I upgraded CD-drive or DAC, I got more natural sounding bass. Better definition, more texture, less mud. I guess it will improve further with the new PHASURE DAC, too. Changes of jitter values are audible in the bass too. It's not only a matter of cymbals!

Hardware: Stealth Mach III > Lush^2 > 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3  > active preamp > 3-way active XO > amps > ribbon/dynamic true line source speakers.

Settings all settings as recommended by Peter by October 2019.
leifchristensen
Audio Loudspeaker

only the simplest can accommodate the most complex

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 05:31:12 pm »

my wife recently came out in the livingroom in her bathrobe,complaining about "rough sea" in the tub, when she was having a bath!
best
Leif

ASUS P5K-E/Intelquad6600/8gbkingston6400ram/SUPERTALENT ULTRA SSD 64GB systemdisk+4x500wdmusicdiscs/vista ultimate64bit/XXplayer ver.0.9z-2/AP QUAD q4(15/15/0/0)/player priolow/threadpriorealtime+4x,John Kenny modified/batterypowered clocks HiFace,  Twisted Pear Buffalo II reference dac and Avantgarde Trio custom  active basstowers (4xBD-15channel)powered by dual BD-30 amps,eq´ed by Rod Elliot P-84 and passively crossed over@130hZ with custom 24db/oct. passive line lvlv filter by Phil Marchand  and diy cost no object 6c45-IT-300Bamps(Borderpatrol based)+ a SOLID phono setup
minzyman
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 04:39:58 am »

Hey Gents,

Just reading this post and I have a question about reducing a bass node in the 50-60 Hz region. On my Mac G5 I use Amarra's paramteric EQ and can reduce this problem, although it looks from the posts above that you guys are recommending against this?

How would you reduce a bass bump such as the one using passive measures? When a song hits that deep region, the entire room is suddenly excited.

I am using a Zalman machine running XP and the latest release of XXHighend. Is there a decent para EQ plugin that will do a good job of just affecting this one region? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

/Lee Mincy

W8 = Jan 10, 2013 (1.186a)
Zalman (Fanless) Chassis with ZUMA Design: Intel DH77EB MB and Intel i7 3770s (quad core) CPU / 16GB RAM / Win 8 Pro SP1 from OCZ SSD / second (Playback) drive OCZ SSD / music on 3 TB eSata HD / XX on OS disk SSD Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = *6*/-/*1*/*1*/*1* / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *4.0* (max 120) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = *Core1-2* / UnAttended (Just Start) / All Services Off  / No Running Time / Minimize OS / NO XTweaks / 24/768 Phasure NOS1 async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.3 at *8ms* -> main amps -> speakers. No remote, screen off at unattend playback, cd rom unplugged, ethernet cable unplugged, max core temp 117 degrees F.
Telstar
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 01:06:46 pm »

Just reading this post and I have a question about reducing a bass node in the 50-60 Hz region. On my Mac G5 I use Amarra's paramteric EQ and can reduce this problem, although it looks from the posts above that you guys are recommending against this?

How would you reduce a bass bump such as the one using passive measures?

If it is quite not extended, the BEST way would be to build a tuned helmholz resonator,then it would have to be integrated in the room for WAF reasons Happy

Active EQ is not that effective, but it is COST-effective when you have a rollercoaster in your LF and not just one peak.

(2nd Apr 2018)
Software:
W10 14393 Pro x64 | XXHE 2.10 | MinOS | Q=14x1/0/0/0/0 | SFS 5,19 mixed contiguous | Nervous rate 1 | 4096k buffer |

Hardware:
OrigenAE H5 case | E5300 fanless |  8GB RAM | Winmate DC-DC fanless PSU | OS on SSD | Renesas USB3 pcie card | Belden highspeed usb cable | Audio-gd dac19 NOS with sigxer F1 | My_ref_FE mono amps | Albedo Apex speakers
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: