XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 23, 2024, 10:17:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nothing to do with testing  (Read 5081 times)
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« on: October 13, 2010, 11:45:39 pm »

I'm sure you, like me, have had the experience where you come across an album that you just can't stop listening to, not because it sounds great, but because the music just draws you in. This doesn't happen to me very often nowadays (it used to happen so often when I was a student all those years ago). Well, it happened last night. And the album, which I happen to be listening to right now, is...

'Brothers', by 'The Black Keys'.

Just wanted to share...

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
crisnee
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 07:45:33 am »

Hey Mani,

Thanks for that info. I'd never heard of them. So I went to check them out. (By the way, do you know about Emusic.com? Check them out if you don't, great for checking out songs, instant gratification, cheap and a they have fairly wide selection, good mp3 quality to boot. If you can't abide mp3 at all then of course don't bother, but if you can, it's a great place. You can download a couple of tracks for about 50 cents per, and then if you like them either buy the cd elsewhere or download the whole album)

Anyway, they don't have the Black Key's current release, but they do have others of which I downloaded a few tracks. They sound very interesting.

Chris

Win7 Vanilla 64bit 4gb  Dual Core  E5200, 2.5ghz, offline audio only pc > 0.9z-6, Eng #4, Adaptive, MixedCon SFS 300, 10 ms, Buffer 2048, Scheme 3, Q1 1, 0s, > Audio-GD DI > Scott Nixon TD2 NOS Dac/MS V-Dac.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: