XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 08:27:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.9Z-5 AutoHotkey starts the old version  (Read 9340 times)
hwk
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2011, 06:46:25 pm »

Hi there,
I'd like to have some help here: everything works, but the AutoHK. The HK button gave the message that the older XXHe version was still the path. I removed everything about AutoHK, rebooted and followed the thread nabout installing AutoHK. I copied the 2 mentioned files from the 0.9Z-5 map to a new made AutoHK map and made the suggested adjustments in the "properties". But, pressing the AutoHK (after starting 0-9Z-5) still gives the message that the directed map is 0.9Z-4-1. When trying to play unattended, the music doesn't start after a while. Also, hence I presume, when I stop XXHe and use the Alt-X combination, the older XXHe starts up. I'm a bit frustrated.

Furthermore: I recently opened the settings from my soundcard. It gives some settings for "Latency (sample number)". The standardsetting was 256. I set it to its highest setting 1024. I chose this to have more headroom in settings for Q1. Am I right? And am I right, that I have to put the setting for Engine#4/Adaptive Mode the same 1024? What is the best Q1-setting with this? No samples are given anymore in the new version. Or is it part of the hobby to stumble here to a "right" setting? Happy

Music Dedicated PC, Power: Silverstone Nightjar 300, MB: ASRock H87M Pro4 + I5 4570T + 4GB, Internal Memory: 16Gb Kingston DDR3-1333,  500Gb Crucial MX500 SSD with W10 Build 14393.0, 2x 4Tb WD 40EZRZ HDD for Music only), Soundcard: Seriously Modified Prodigy HD2 PCI Card 24 Bit/192 KHz with Amplimo's (van GooiPC), W10 10586-11 Home Edition 64bit
XXHe 2.11: KS mode: Special, Device Buffersize: 1024; Processor scheme: CORE 3-4; Player Prio: Below Normal, Threadprio: Above Normal, Clock Res.: 10 msec; HDCD on; SFS: 105.19,  Mem.Org.: Mixed Cont.; Q's=13x10,0,0,0; PE: Off, Custom: On; Playing Mode: Min.OS; XTweaks= On Indicates: "OPTIMAL": Bal.Load=45, Nervous Rate=99, rest=1  -  Sound Gear: Meridian 502 PreAmp (upgraded), 588 CD, 2x 505 MainAmp (upgraded) (all balanced driven), Speakers: Magnepan 3.5 SE, extra: Aphex 204 Aural Exciter; Cables: CD>Pre: Siltech SQ88, PC>Pre & Pre>Dedicated Headphones Class A Amplifier: John van Gent Reference+, Amplifiers>Speakers: Discovery 4; Headphones: AKG K1000 & Ultrasone Pro550 + dedicated Class A amp; Music Dedicated Power Group (copper shielded main cables + Oyade plugs) with parallel noise filter for the main-amps and PS Audio Quintet for the front-end. Analog: Micro Seiki DD33 modified, Denon301
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 06:41:26 am »

Hi there,

Your problem seems to be that you are actually starting the old version indeed;
I can't tell whether you installed 0.9z-5 over (in) the folder of the old version, but in any case I'd say the shortcut you us to start XX just points to the old version (hence xxhighend.exe in the old folder). So, try to imagine that AutoHotkey just tells you the truth, and you will be able to solve the remainder.

About your latency settings ... There must be a misunderstanding somewhere;
Samples are shown for Special Mode only, and that never changed.

More headroom for Q1 ? hmm ... You can set it to 1024, and what you will do is, well, set the device buffer to 1024. What can I say ?
Somehow (and again) this is mixed with Special Mode by you (remember, you are taking Adaptive Mode here), where indeed it would be true to speak about more headroom as such (just more available settings). But not so for Adaptive, where any chosen Device Buffer Size must equal the real Soundcard's buffer (which you changed from 256 to 1024) and next Q1 must be set to 1 optimally. 2 is allowed as well, but you would be doubling the internal buffer size, which then won't match the real soundcard's buffer size anymore. Not wrong per se, but let's say "strange".

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
hwk
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 09:44:17 am »

Hello Peter,
Thanks for your reply.
I made in the C Root a Main Folder named XXHe. In there I made a subfolder with 0.9Z4-1. Next to that folder, I made a new folder with 0.9z-5. I copied the AutoHK.exe and XX.ahk from there to a new (I threw away the old version of it) AutoHK Folder placed in the root. I don't see, what I did wrong here. Still I get these wrong settings. Is there no script somewhere in Auto HK that tells it the right direction?
About the "right" Q1 settings: I understand my misunderstanding, now, finally  sign0144qp7 (sort of)

Music Dedicated PC, Power: Silverstone Nightjar 300, MB: ASRock H87M Pro4 + I5 4570T + 4GB, Internal Memory: 16Gb Kingston DDR3-1333,  500Gb Crucial MX500 SSD with W10 Build 14393.0, 2x 4Tb WD 40EZRZ HDD for Music only), Soundcard: Seriously Modified Prodigy HD2 PCI Card 24 Bit/192 KHz with Amplimo's (van GooiPC), W10 10586-11 Home Edition 64bit
XXHe 2.11: KS mode: Special, Device Buffersize: 1024; Processor scheme: CORE 3-4; Player Prio: Below Normal, Threadprio: Above Normal, Clock Res.: 10 msec; HDCD on; SFS: 105.19,  Mem.Org.: Mixed Cont.; Q's=13x10,0,0,0; PE: Off, Custom: On; Playing Mode: Min.OS; XTweaks= On Indicates: "OPTIMAL": Bal.Load=45, Nervous Rate=99, rest=1  -  Sound Gear: Meridian 502 PreAmp (upgraded), 588 CD, 2x 505 MainAmp (upgraded) (all balanced driven), Speakers: Magnepan 3.5 SE, extra: Aphex 204 Aural Exciter; Cables: CD>Pre: Siltech SQ88, PC>Pre & Pre>Dedicated Headphones Class A Amplifier: John van Gent Reference+, Amplifiers>Speakers: Discovery 4; Headphones: AKG K1000 & Ultrasone Pro550 + dedicated Class A amp; Music Dedicated Power Group (copper shielded main cables + Oyade plugs) with parallel noise filter for the main-amps and PS Audio Quintet for the front-end. Analog: Micro Seiki DD33 modified, Denon301
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 01:08:33 pm »

Ok, I can't follow precisely what you can do all (automatically !) wrong at working this way (copy the ahk files like this), but this is not in any prescription that I know of. But at this time I'd say that you start the wrong ahk from the wrong folder (because the shortcut (or auto-startup) to *that* is the wrong (old) one) and I really can't oversee what will be happenng then.

I know you told it's a little different from what I just suggested (because you deleted the old one etc.) but things are not what they seem in Vista/W7 and shadow copies may float around.

Edit the xx.ahk file (Notepad), adjust the message in there, and cause your new message to show up at starting ahk. It does not ? then you are using the old version somehow somewhere. Try to undo that.

?

PS: There's another thing I can't oversee from where I am at the moment, and this is whether there could be a real culprit somewhere. So if one person could confirm that for him it really works as usual, I would be very happy about that (I always use ahk in a different way, and a real culprit would go unnoticed for me).

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
GerardA
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 02:16:19 pm »

When I installed z5 I had a similar problem so after some study I found out that AHK gets its path from a systemparameter that is set at the first start of XXHighEnd. I also had to remove the temporary data from Z4 and make the new directory C:\XXData.
I don't know if this is the complete answer to your problem but maybe it will help.
(I also had the additional problem that Z5 was in a wrong directory)

asrock ->intel 6700/4GB/Samsung 850 SSD/Win 10() Pro /XXHE 2.09  Special (32) Clock: max ,SFS: 4  MC, Q1 = 14, Q2,3,4,5=0,0,0,2 Quad AP, No Invert / Playerprio = Belownormal / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = 3 / Mixed contigious / Unattended -> Minidsp 2x4HD (IIR and FIR)->  Mivoc AM80 / 300B / gainclone -> TDL TL/Seas Excell/ScanSpeak
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 02:17:34 pm »

Don't know if this will help cause I'm not sure i follow everything that's been said here but: if the autohotkey icon is showing up in the lower right taskbar right click on it and select exit to turn it off. Now go to your new 9z-5 folder and start XX from there by double clicking the exe file. Now restart autohotkey and all should work.

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
hwk
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 12:44:30 am »

Hello Peter,
my pal JohanZ was here tonight and he sorted it out for me: I had a main folder named XXHe with subfolders for the subsequent versions of XXHighEnd. This worked fine with only one version of it, but clearly not with more. He placed the two versions in the root and after filling in the settings of the two programs everything works just fine.
Enjoin' Jan Akkerman live (10000 clowns on a rainy day) now. Almost heavenly sound.....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: