XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 07:42:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.90z-6 and coverart display issue  (Read 22907 times)
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2011, 12:12:26 pm »

hey there Peter,

have just spent a frustrating afternoon trying to get the folder/back artwork displaying in unattended mode without the encumbent OSD TEXT or RUNNING TIME OSD, and I've not succeeded unhappy

The only way to get the coverart shown is if I tick the OSD TEXT box, but then that ugly font invades the screen.

In addition, if I tick the TIMER OSD, the new graphic extends the full width of the screen at the bottom, with the left hand side starting anywhere between 9 to 12 minutes, and the right side showing something like 30 odd minutes.

I initially installed 0.9z-6 on my fully tweaked system, and found the issue with the coverart there. Tried may things to no avail, so restored my C drive to an image prior to all the tweaking I had made, so in essence it was as plain as can be. Tried again with 0.9z-6 afresh and still no go.

Thinking it might be due to the unique screen res I use ( 1280 x 834 ), I reverted to a standard 1280 x 1024, but still no good.

I'm thinking there may be some glitch with ChangeWP, or something has got out of sync. Went searching in registry for anything to do with ChangeWP but found nothing. Is there a way to reset things back to zero ?

Also tried with a clean \XXDATA\ folder.

I'm outta ideas !!

Cheers,

Russ

PS. what i've heard so far sounds nice though Happy 

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 01:00:49 pm »

Ok Russ. Let me first of all tell that I don't recognize any single bit of this all. This could help ... (I'm serious).

Skip the time bar for now. Just for better focus (BUT, the fact that it acts this weirs does sure tell something).

Before proceeding, can you let me know what you actually think this causes (caused) this ? And a major question would be : did this start under Minimized OS at first ? Do you maybe have this only under the Minimized OS ? Did you ever try that at all already ?

Then we'll proceed. I'll be waiting.

(hey ! I'm not used to anything like this from you, but I do realize that it must have been your birthday recently ... haha)

PS: A Picture about that strange font may help too !

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 02:13:58 pm »

When i first installed 0.9z-6 this morning it was on the same environment I had been using with 0.9z-5-2, and all I did was set up the parameters and ticked the Monitor OFF and Minimise OS boxes, then let it do the reboot. At first play at unattended I noticed the monitor shut down as expected, and a mouse movement brought the monitor back to life, but no coverart showing. It was a while before I figured the OSD TEXT box brought it to life.

After I had restored the C drive I did run into a re-occurring error that I thought was related to AutoHotKey, but I eventually got that sorted out and haven't seen it again. AutoHotKey is now working fine.

The message was ...

"Interrupt Mechanism Out of order; Notify XXHighEnd development. (Restart Playback)"

Perhaps I should have used the term LARGE font, instead of UGLY font. Regardless, I don't particularly want it cluttering up my screen.

Another FYI, when the TIMER OSD is active, the left and right limits change with each track change. IOW, it might start at 9 minutes and go across the screen fully, and the next track might start at say, 11 1/2 minutes.

While I was writing up this reply (on another PC) I had a further instance of that "Interrupt Mechanism" occur, so there's still an issue there.

Still think it's related to ChangeWP somehow, as that has caused issues in the past, but normally sorts itself out after a whle.

ta !

Russ

Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 02:16:59 pm »

Ignore the text about a reoccurrence of the error message. I had "Paint" open showing the error code I captured earlier, and I had forgotten about it !! Trying to do too many things at once at the moment here. Need a good granny nap .. haha

Russ

====================
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 02:34:31 pm »

Forget about the Interrupt thing for now (it is important, but we'll do one thing at a time).
... having said this ... does it happen always ? otherwise you won't be able to test any OSD stuff ...

Does it help when you exclude the service {FontCache} ?

Also, do you see this strange font anywhere else except as OSD text ?

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 02:47:34 pm »

I only see that large font when the OSD text is enabled, and I presume it's supposed to be that large. Also, I'm pretty sure I had the font cache disabled on my tweaked system, so maybe that helped there. Will go have a play now on music server.

back soon.

Russ

====================
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 02:48:10 pm »

Does it help when you exclude the service {FontCache} ?

But careful here, because I don't even know how to do this for the most convenient proper sequence. What would work is :

Just obtain this service as "To Keep". Reboot into the normal OS situation; Reboot for Minimized.

Still, I'm somehow lacking the answers of what's actually going on. Like : when in Normal OS mode ... does this all happen too ?

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 03:21:11 pm »

The font cache service was set to Manual but was not Started. I set to disable and rebooted and tried again. No change. This was how I would have had that service set when i tweaked the system for 0.9z-5-2.

Happens both in the initial unMinimised OS and the Minimised OS mode.

I have taken a couple of quick, and somewhat blurry pictures, via phone, to show the screen.

error_01 shows the font size I'm talking about, and it's always been this big, so I suspect that's normal. (but ugly Wink )

error_02 shows a close up of the scale digits. Notice that for this track they are starting at the 101 minute mark (last red digit a little hard to see 'cus it's masked by the 1/4 symbol). Note: It's only a 10:10 length track and the whole album is only about 40 something minutes long i think.

Hope this helps a little.

Russ

* Coverart error_01.jpg (130.43 KB, 1067x800 - viewed 624 times.)

* Coverart error_02.jpg (101.92 KB, 1067x800 - viewed 669 times.)

====================
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 03:31:33 pm »

error_01 shows the font size I'm talking about, and it's always been this big, so I suspect that's normal. (but ugly  Wink )

Russ, I don't understand one thing of what you are saying.

What is exactly the matter with this ? that it is bigger than normal (you don't seem to say that *now*). Is it ugly - but normal ? (that's what you seem to tell).

Conclusion, all is right.
swoon

Besides that, all looks normal to me.
But will you now stop please about that time bar ? I want to solve your OSD stuff first. *IF* there's something to solve.

now what ??

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 04:26:55 pm »

I posted the first picture for you to give feedback as to whether it was normal size or not. Apparently it is supposed to be this big, so thanks for confirmation. It had been quite a few versions back since I last activated that feature.

While I had the camera out I wanted to show you the time bar extending right across the screen, as it may have some bearing on why the coverart isn't showing. Perhaps it IS unrelated but in my mind, introducing a new timer display function and then not having the coverart come up as it has on all other versions just seemed like too much of a co-incidence.

I can also tell you that in ATTENDED mode, the coverart will not display until the OSD TEXT box is ticked.

As a test, I removed the existing entry of Wallpaper.bmp from the z6 folder, and ticked the 'SHOW AS WALLPAPER' At Attended button. After pressing play, I looked in the z6 folder and the wallpaper.bmp had not been created. I then stopped playback, ticked the OSD TEXT box, and pressed play. This time the wallpaper.bmp was created and it appeared behind the XX GUI. I also noted that all desktop icons disappeared. I can't recall if this is normal though as I havent used unattended mode in ages.

Is this sounding like an issue with ChangeWP?

Would logs help?

I'm happy to scr*p the new z6 folder and start afresh (again) if you think that helps, but my only concern is that something may be still residing in the registry or in the USERS folder somewhere.

ta,

Russ

====================
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 04:59:24 pm »

Ok Russ. I think that things become a bit more clear for me now; you relate all to the unknown - well, as it seems. Happy

I *still* don't know much what to do or how to help. An additional proble, right at this moment is that I can't play anything myself, which prohibits OSD screenshots from this side to show you. But really that will look the same as your ugly characters. Btw, this must be in there for 2 years, now, so on that matter I still can't follow.

That time bar ? give up on it. It is an unfinished project, although overhere it would act strange 1 track per album maybe. And you may recall about yout own ideas about how to set it up differently - I quit right there. Unfinished or undone - the main thing is that it influences sound. Don't use it for that reason alone.

This leaves the *perceived* not showing up of the wallpaper. I would be careful about this. What I at least noticed is that it might take a while before it shows up. Like 1 minute. Unintentional, and possibly W7 Vanilla related, if you use that at all at this time.

What you seem to talk about is some combination with OSD Text and Wallpaper. What I seem to recognize is that you want to use a combination which does not exist (read : can't work), although it is on my todo list for maybe 1.5 years.

What I can tell you, is my settings regarding this :

- Monitor Off : Inactive (hey, gives you some chance to judge)
- Running time OSD : Inactive
- OSD Text : Active

- Don't do anything with Coverart : Inactive
- Show as Wallpaper - Active
- Show Back - Active
- At Attended - Inactive
- Show Mirror Back - Active

So just in case : this combination works. It should for you too.

but

There is one culprit : that interrupt stuff. To me it seems related, or it even will. But with that problem - no sound and no Wallpaper I think. Also - no further response from your side on this (question -> Do you have this all the time).

Sorry for your problems for now, and sorry it is difficult to help out fast this time. On that matter, might you have some juice left for tonight, please try some more. I am here now, but tomorrow not.

Peter

PS : Not ChangeWP related, but I hope you created a fresh folder for 0.9z-6 and did not merge. Well, you just said so (fresh), but this is important I think.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 05:02:31 pm »

http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1792.msg18265#msg18265

So you are not completely alone on this iterrupt issue. Happy

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 05:24:29 pm »

Russ, I found this for you :

http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1180.msg17289#msg17289

... about how the OSD looks like. Nothing changed to that, including the time bar which was pretty much left in the stage where "we" left off there.
I think.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 05:33:34 pm »

That time bar ? give up on it. It is an unfinished project,

oh ... i didn't realise it was still in progress. OK ... all forgotten Happy

That will teach me to quickly scan the release notes on my phone while still in bed half awake, then jump straight to the lounge and play with a new version .. haha.

I shall have a further play tomorrow, and there is certainly no rush in getting this hiccup sorted. I'm sitting here about to head to bed listening to Allan Taylor and he sounds as if he's in the room with me Happy I've finished fiddling for the day!

re. that Interrupt Mechanism message (for me), it occurred around the time I was getting AutoHotKey sorted. I had inadvertently left the AutoHK folder intact on the C drive, and somehow, whenever I ALT-X'd to get the GUI up, it was loading up 0.9z-5-2 instead, even after reloading the script. I renamed the old z-5-2 folder and everything sorted itself out. May be unrelated to the Interrupt message, but can't recall anything else I was doing at the time. Hasn't re-occurred (touch wood).

Was just about to hit send and saw last reply from you. Yes, I saw that timer layout here a couple of times initially, but then something "broke" and it's never been the same since. Should have mentioned that .. oops! I can't remember whether it was the first attempt at installing z6 on the tweaked system, or a subsequent install on the plain vanilla system after the restore.

Bon nuit,

Russ

====================
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 05:44:15 pm »

Allright. Thank you for letting me know. And take it easy.

grazy

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: