XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 09:42:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.90z-6 and coverart display issue  (Read 22913 times)
nik.d
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 01:24:20 pm »

Hi Peter,

Another coverart issue with my machine, plus more important: volume level problem @ unattended.

- At unattended, screen remains black, no coverart/wallpaper during first track. When player jumps
  to second and further tracks wallpaper is generated ok.

- Not able to change volume up or down @ unattended >>> wallpaper not changing/showing correct dB level.

It started with z5-2 now same with z6. I thought it was 'minor bug' not bothered to report. It shows
the same with W7SP1 or 'Vanilla' W7. Now I use W7RTMx64ULT. First install did yesterday, today repeated it,
with full HDD format to avoid any 'old configuration file'. And today managed to get full error message
while before there was only 'OK' confirmation dialog saying "Something is wrong at remote command".
After clicking first message there was another: "Proper initialization FAILED, so further errors will occur"

BTW, volume error exist no matter XXHE settings or SFS value/type.

Thks in adv,
Brgds

* Unattnd_err_msg.jpg (74.22 KB, 896x650 - viewed 812 times.)

XXHE 2.11a / W10 14393.0 / Asrock Extreme4-M, Xeon E5-2648L, 16GB DDR3 / NOS1, Starcrimson GaNFET monoblocks, GR Research 'Venuette' OB
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 02:27:15 pm »

Hi Nik,

I'm afraid I need quite some more info than you already so nicely provided. I'll try to get it out from you  Happy:

And today managed to get full error message
while before there was only 'OK' confirmation dialog saying "Something is wrong at remote command".
After clicking first message there was another: "Proper initialization FAILED, so further errors will occur"

Here you say that the latter message followed the former. I don't think this can be correct;
If it were for me, this latter message can happen at the first install - not later. Btw, that this exactly may proove the issue is another thing, but as long as I say that this can't happen, I'll leave it (please) for you to proove the proper sequence of happenings.

If it were so that this "further problems *will* occur" (I think the *'s are in the real message as well), this *will* be your problem. Please consider this seriously.
What happens why you get this message is another thing. But let's first sort out the proper sequence.

Not able to change volume up or down @ unattended >>> wallpaper not changing/showing correct dB level.

For me this is an easy one; your system just doesn't respond to parallel stuff needed, hence will be too busy with the playback itself. It is that simple, although it seems the most hard to guide anyone through the process of getting it right. It might be your luck that it happens to *you*, because the other occasions with the same problem seem unable to help me out in sorting this out. Sounds strange, but I can only (and still maybe) help out when it is clear (and believed) for the subject involved (you) that the culprit will be on your side. Ok, this for (hopefully) later. But to keep in mind : I am not saying at all that I won't be able to solve whatever it is what's happing to you. But I have to know the "what is". It will not be easy ...

with full HDD format to avoid any 'old configuration file'.

FYI : not even a low level format is enough for this. I forgot what you'd needs to *really* get rid of it all. Sorry.
(if important at all !)

- You really must tell me what the screenshot is about. Ok, about a remote command (volume undoubtedly). But you are not playing anything there. That this by itself goes wrong, ok, to solve. But is there importance in the context of your problems (I don't say there won't, but please eloborate then).

Notice : Like I learned from another situation, this would be related to that volume slider buttons having that green colour. Is that always so for this "XX install", or is it a temporary thing somehow ? Also, looking at your screen, more seems to be wrong. It can well be related to that error message I talked about before ...

- What Priority Settings do you use ? Procesor Core Scheme ?

confirmation dialog saying "Something is wrong at remote command".

FYI (rather important) : All this tells is that the previous command is still pending. So, you issued another before, got tyred of waiting and tried again. The message now tells you that something is wrong - and it is. So, the knowledge of this is important for you to possibly tackle the problem, but this message by itself is just normal.

It started with z5-2 now same with z6.

Also important : This will not be true. Think merely like : this started at a new XX install, but with even higher chances that it started after freshly installing the OS. For me this is a proven fact, and for you just important info in the leage "ok, so what can I have done differently from before". Also notice that I am not sure this is an explicit thing, meaning that during an install things may happen differently from another time without you being involved. This too seems prooven to me (just from reports of people !). Otoh, please don't think that you can solve it by just trying a couple of times; this would be non-sense.

At unattended, screen remains black, no coverart/wallpaper during first track. When player jumps to second and further tracks wallpaper is generated ok.

As I said/implied earlier in this topic - I recognize this. Must be a W7 Vanilla quirk (which I recall from long ago). It looks rather similar as the Volume failing, but is not. It sure is an indication though that the volume will may if the Wallpaper fails. And FIY again : the sowing of the Wallpaper is a very (CPU) heavy internal Windows process. It may need more time than it ever gets. This is why the questions about the prio's are important. Don't start trying other settings; rather just tell me what your settings are regarding this.

There is one other thing which may be important, and this is the folder structure you use; this can be setup so (wrongly) that around all of your albums are scanned to find the Coverart properly; you won't notice this other than that the wrong track data may appear on the back cover of the Wallpaper (this needs the showing of the back.jpg to be shut off, and showing the mirror back to be on). Now things get tricky (or more easy for analysis), because the ChangeWP program involved here, may hold up the changing of the volume (I just made up this one for the first time). To this regard you may let Taskmanager running, and see whether ChangeWP is there all the time when waiting for the volume to change (or even for the first Wallpaper to show up).
When this is the case (ChangeWp is there) we'll see further about how to solve things.

Ok. Far too long story, and as usual I am 100% confident that when you sit down for it, you are the best in remembering sequences of things. Others may not recognize this strange expression (or even strange posting), but Nik will and know I'm right.

drinksHappydrinks

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 04:01:40 pm »

- At unattended, screen remains black, no coverart/wallpaper during first track. When player jumps
  to second and further tracks wallpaper is generated ok.

Quote from: PeterST
And FIY again : the sowing of the Wallpaper is a very (CPU) heavy internal Windows process. It may need more time than it ever gets.

A-HA !! The missing pieces of the puzzle. Don't you just love it when you forget to do the bleedin' obvious .. doh!!!

All I needed to do was ... WAIT ... a little, and up pops the coverart on the second track. Thanks Nik for the clue and to Peter for indicating there was a lot of CPU activity needed initially; apparently more than previous.

After spending the whole afternoon, reformatting the C drive, then taking copious notes on events sequence, I can now narrow my search to a solution. It may be time to upgrade my faithful 8086 PC Wink

Just now, after reading the above, I had task manager running over the top, and as anticipated, ChangeWP did not appear initially at first track commence, but did appear briefly at subsequent tracks.

I can go to bed tonight comfortable in the knowledge that there's basically nothing amiss from a software point of view, and I'm sure you , Peter, will like that too Happy

Cheers for now,

Russ

BTW Peter, the settings you use, that you provided yesterday, (ie. with the OSD TEXT box ticked), always worked fine. Perhaps there was enough of a time window for ChangeWP to sneak in and do its thing while the OSD display is being prepared.

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 04:16:31 pm »

Hi Russ,

As I also said earlier (in the W7 Black Hole topic IIRC), W7 Vanilla is that OS where the internal priorities went wrong. This is nothing much for you as a user to remember, but I have been working months on things to get them right. This one I never did really (that I recall) and I am bothered with it just the same ... Not always a full track, but usually 10 or 20 seconds anyway.
For the volume this doesn't count though, although the base problem will be in the same area (but more general hence not W7 Vanilla related).

Theoretically the showing of the Wallpaper can also need more CPU or something. Or screen related stuff. Anyway, my remarks from back then about the speed of the forum pages (the graphics of them) showing, is again slow as it was back then (when W7 was first about).

Maybe when I dive into this all again "today", I can understand better what is happening. Learned more and such.

Regards,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 04:29:37 pm »

... but I have been working months on things to get them right. This one I never did really (that I recall) and I am bothered with it just the same ... Not always a full track, but usually 10 or 20 seconds anyway.

I can't even begin to imagine how many hours you've spent on 09Z-6, but we all appreciate the mammoth effort, and it's paid off in spades. The sound is really "smooth" and easy to listen to. Great bass extensive and control, and wonderful clarity in the mids and highs.

I shall spend tomorrow listening rather than tinkering methinks Happy

Ánágodziih doleel

Russ

Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
nik.d
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 08:04:27 pm »

Hi Russ,

Glad it helped solving your puzzle Happy

Peter,  drinks

Hope log files will help a bit. A/m message poped out first time I started freshly installed/activated XXHE.
Unattended mode purpously, order to observe changes ref missing coverart. Have not experienced coverart missing earlier.
So,
Loaded just one WAV file. Same file was used for initial XXHE installation. While file was playing and w/ black
screen iof coverart I just hit Alt+S. At that moment unusual window and XXHE termination state showed and a/m error.
Made PrintScreeen before dismissing message. Could not capture second error message. Ok, description and settings:

z5  : all OK ref coverart display & vol change @ unattended. OS used W7SP1
z5-2: first version where "Something wrong with remote command" dialog poped up even I make pause 2-3 secs . OS used W7SP1
z6  : installed and run on 'Vanilla W7' only
---
Folder structure is standard one
C:/XXHighEnd/XXHEversion#xx  (presently only #z6 folder created)
C:/XXData
C:/XXGallery
C:/XXIntermed
Music on second HDD
E:/MUSIC/Author [year] - AlbumName/file 01 02 ... structure. 'Folder.jpg' - same dir as files
---
OS: Vanilla W7, no 3rd party drivers except Juli@ sndcrd drivers
XXHE settings*:
KS; eng#4; Special; DevBuf 512; Sch-3; BlwNrm; High; Clock 10ms; DAC24/384; isPhasure; DecodeHDCD;
ShowAsWallpaper; ShowBack; ShowMirrorBack; StopDesktop; StopRemainSvc; StopWasapi; SFS 120; SC; InclGarbage
ToolTips; LogActivities; Q1 512; Q2-3-4 0; Unattended
---
*Not claiming above settings 'best sounding' - goal was testing coverart behavior @ unattended.

* XX_err_log.rar (16.56 KB - downloaded 401 times.)

XXHE 2.11a / W10 14393.0 / Asrock Extreme4-M, Xeon E5-2648L, 16GB DDR3 / NOS1, Starcrimson GaNFET monoblocks, GR Research 'Venuette' OB
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 11:07:17 pm »

Thank you very much for your efforts Nik !

Nou I must look into this ...

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 02:10:26 pm »

Last night after playing music for around four hours I suddenly had an issue when I attempted to play a high res file ( Dallas Wind Symphony, Crown Imperial). As soon as I hit play the desktop disappeared and then immediately reappeared but with no sound. Made several attempts to get it going, sometimes heard the first note, but then the desktop reappeared and music stopped. Finally my attempts resulted in a "Lower SFS" error message. Lowering the SFS didn't help. I then switched to MC and had the exact same problem. In short, I could get no music in any mode. I then used the minimize OS button to return the OS to original state and then hit it again to return to "Music server" state--thus had two reboots. All worked again--back to SC, SFS 350. I put this report here cause it seems to me that the issue has to do with the "Monitor Off/desktop/wallpaper reappearing" bug.

I had played high res previously and did not have any issues.

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 04:16:06 pm »

Ah, good that that happened;

This is "the" example of eating all the memory there is while Mr Windows wants some more. IOW, I recognize it.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 01:26:56 pm »

The main subject of this Topic, "Wallpaper Coverart" has been solved for 0.9z-6-1.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 01:47:53 pm »

bewdy Pete  very happy

Cheers,

Russ (currently groovin' away to Shota Osabe Piano Trio's "Happy Coat" on FIM label )

====================
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 02:32:03 am »

Happy to report that all is well here so far with cover art processing under 0.9z-6-1 Happy

The 'unattended' running time progress bar also seems to be behaving itself now.

Cheers,

Russ

====================
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: