XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 02:06:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quantum Heaven  (Read 86087 times)
Bigear
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 03:49:43 pm »

Guess integrating Bybee's in the NOS1 would create the best effect. Normally modifications up in the chain are the ones most gratifying.

Cheers,
Quint

i7 920, Asus MB, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit / 6 Gb RAM /no updates / music on SATAII  => XX V9z-6 / adaptive mode / XX buffer 4096 / Q1,2,3,4,5 = 5,0,0,0,0 / unattended / SFS 60 Mb memory straight contiguous / system clock 10ms / CPU Engine 3 / Threadprio RealTime / Playerprio Low / 16x Arc Prediction / Minimise OS / Peak Extend on / Phase invert off => NOS1 USB DAC => Aitos Pre and End amplifiers => PHY-HP KM30 open baffle.  NOT a single capacitor or coil from DAC chip to speaker
Flecko
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 06:57:51 pm »

Would be interesting to test silver and copper cables with the same inductance, capacitance and resistance. Would it be possible?

You can make two cables have the same geometry and thus have the same inductance and capacitance but the resitance of the silver cable would be smaler. But I gues this would be the smalest effect. You could use a silver cable that is hollow in the inside to reduce the resistance of the conducter but that would cause changes to the skineffekt. But the lower resistance is maybe the main advantage of a silver cable. So if you would like to hear the sound of silver compared to copper, it would be ok to have a lower resistance with the silver cable because this is why you would pay for it. In the end is is not simple to say how one have to test. You could also use the same resistance (thinner silver calbe) for both cables and check different geometries which can be achieved with a thinner silver cable to test the advantage of silver...  grazy

There are a lot of other effects that could cause the different sound of cables like impurites, connecting different materials with different temperatures (Seebeck-Effect ), different isolators changing capacitance and so on. To make a test that leads to accurate results would need some extra time, to check for those boundary conditions too.

How the capacitance, inductance and resistance realy affect the amplifier I have never realy understood. I hope there will be the time to read something about it, to finally put an end to this state of "not knowing". But they should matter. And BTW. it is not possible to make "the best cable". You always have to treat inductance against capacitance. How this influences the sound then, will also be dependent of your electronics.

To find out how the bybees work should be possible. If the guy who is selling the bybees has worked as a scientist he could give you publications about that topic and the work he has done. Or maybe you can find some publications from him in the web?

Quantumeffects normaly mean, you have a probabilistic behaviour of the stuff you looking at. Electrons are quantum mechanical "particels" which can be described by something called a wave function. This function tells you the state of the partical or simple: It tells you where the particle might be. So, what is a quantum purifier? I don't know...but it realy might cause something on the level of electrons. Noise is created by heat, means stocastic particel movement. You can cool something down to reduce it. I do not know any other way (yet?).

Greetings
Adrian

Software: Windows7 Ultimatex64SP1 | XXHighend 9z9b
Hardware: | Gigabyte X79-UD3 | i7-3820 | 16 GB DDR3 | OS on 128 GB Samsung SSD 830  | Music on 2TB WD Caviar Green | Seasonic X-660

XXHE Settings: | Engine 4 | Adaptive | Buffer=1024 | Q12345=[14,0,0,0,0] | xQ1=1 | Q5=3 | Scheme=3 | Mixed Contiguous with SFS=12 | 176.4kHz32bit | ArcPred + Peakextend | Clock=1ms |
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 10:22:51 pm »

Hey Guys - who knows? all I know is that I am sitting here listening to one of the biggest and most fundamental improvements to my system I have heard - really fundamental - I just wanted to share it with you all so please make of it what you will.

I have to agree with earlier posts that NOS1USB makes all this possible. Every one of the very significant improvements I have made recently just reveals more quality from the source. In my book that just highlights the fanatical attention to detail that Peter has paid to every aspect of the design of NOS1USB - OK there is the upsampling the software etc etc but without the attention to noise reduction in the USB interface and all the other areas of design in NOS1USB I really do not think I would hear what I am hearing now.

Only the finest front end allows this kind of discussion. Big huge respect to Peter. 

Oh and not forgetting GainClone amps how can they be this good? I forget they are there - all these improvements just happen around them and they just play the music. Astonishing when you think what is in them (or not in them).

P

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
GerardA
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 12:09:52 am »

Very nice, a big improvement but at what cost?
I'm convinced the sound quality is depending on the weakest part in the link, but adding something can not remove the weakest part. I'm sure it sounds as a big improvement, but so oes changing my crossover in the speakers with just one part.
Reflections, resonances, EMF anything can happen and they are all on the electron level. So using the term Quantum mechanics sounds to me as marketing bullsh*t. And then making a big buck because it is so labor intensive ... If it is really something new then why not explain the details? They can put a patent and their money income is safe. But no, they like to hide in clouds of semi scientific blabla. Sorry just my feeling.
But if we proceed on this road we need more convincing scientific evidence. I don't say there is no difference, only I feel we are ripped of by mister Bybee.

asrock ->intel 6700/4GB/Samsung 850 SSD/Win 10() Pro /XXHE 2.09  Special (32) Clock: max ,SFS: 4  MC, Q1 = 14, Q2,3,4,5=0,0,0,2 Quad AP, No Invert / Playerprio = Belownormal / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = 3 / Mixed contigious / Unattended -> Minidsp 2x4HD (IIR and FIR)->  Mivoc AM80 / 300B / gainclone -> TDL TL/Seas Excell/ScanSpeak
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 10:14:32 am »

Hey Gerard how are you doing?

Fair comments but for me the blah blah is from those who sell silver cables without any knowledge as to why they sound better. And from what I have seen many of those suppliers (not all of course) do not pay attention to even the most basic simple good engineering practice. And what listening tests, investigations and comparisons have many of those suppliers made ???.

The only thing I trust in hifi is my ears and they tell me that  very cheap copper cable + Bybee is much much better than silver cable. And also that this is a big and very fundamental improvement.

But I very much take your point about what is ahead in the chain and if I had not stumbled across this forum and ended up with NOS (thanks Peter) GainClone (thanks Nick) and my cheapo speaker cables (thanks to you Gerard) maybe I would not have been in a position to hear such a big difference.

Costly? - yes but up to anyone who might be interested a 30 days money back would mean it would not cost anything to find out.

Just sharing the experience in case anyone is interested.

All the best

Paul

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 01:29:44 pm »

BUT

I advise the most strongly to wait with this for a while. Send back the Bybees, remount your copper cables. Well, unless you can wait with that for two weeks or so.

I have an NOS1 tweak which is so important - and against so much less money that you will feel very sorry if it doesn't work just *because* of the Bybees.
I have done a small test with it already, but I want at least one week more. It's worth an additional 10K of DAC, and completely totally crazy.

Of course what can happen is that with both "my tweak" and the Bybees things catch fire or something, or IOW that can be more crazy again.

In short :
I like to bet you a fine bottle of Whisky that what I have is more "devistating" than the Bybees. Whether this is in a positive sense (who wins the SQ contest) I can't tell at all, but the change is bigger than any XX, NOS1, NOS1-USB or even new speakers.

Because I don't know what actually happens (physically causes it) I would be very reluctant to apply something else which is electronics. It could totally destroy "my tweak" which is mechanic.
Buying the Bybees to next discover that it is not for the better in the very near future, seems a waste of money to me. So, just be cautious.

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 02:19:38 pm »

...but the change is bigger than any XX, NOS1, NOS1-USB or even new speakers.

OK, all my intended tweaks are on hold until we hear more about this 'mechanical change' of yours Peter. Like everyone else I'm sure, I'm totally intrigued.

(One thing I certainly will proceed with though is the receipt of my new gainclone 'super amps' from Bert, which should be here within the next couple of weeks... can't wait.)

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 03:55:45 pm »

Wow trust Peter to throw a great big spanner in the works  - so will this change require NOS1USB to be returned for modification? will it cost money if so how much?

I am intrigued

Paul

boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 04:00:54 pm »

Well, I sure am glad I haven't sent my original NOS1 back yet for the USB tweak; now I assume I'll be getting the latest tweak as well. Hopefully, I'll be getting this done in late January or February when the city of Philadelphia reimburses me for all the days they taxed me and I wasn't working in the city. Pain in the ass, but a nice little savings "account", as the city taxes more than the state of Pennsylvania!

Anyway, speaking of "Quantum" tweaks (for those with more modest systems and with no technical skill in electronics) I recently purchased new speakers and they have revolutionized my listening experience. The company is new and the name is terrible-- Golden Ear Technology, Triton II Speakers, but the sound awesome. Each speaker has a built in subwoofer. They have taken my 17 watt per channel tube amp and completely filled out the mid range and bottom end. They are really amazing and have gotten very good press. http://www.goldenear.com/

The are relatively efficient at 91 db.

The speakers are so good that I got rid of my Odyssee Stratos amp cause it just couldn't compete with the vocal presentation of the tube amp.

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 04:13:18 pm »

This is nothing any NOS1 needs to be sent in for.
nea

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
praphan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 06:02:55 pm »

Hi Peter,

Sound pretty mysterious but hopefully not a voodoo stuff.
A mechanical tweak on electronic device has got to do with vibration ? But vibration tweak is too basic anyway........

Stop guessing ....
Will wait.......

Cheers !
Praphan

PC: Asus X58 chipset M/B; Seasonic 850W PSU; i7 970 12 threads (HT=on); ATI HD 5770; Zalman Reserator water cooling, 24GB RAM, Plextor PX230A drive ; W7 Pro 64bit plain SP1 (no further update) and XXHE on Velociraptor; music on Sata 3 2 TB HDD; WD5003ABYX sits on Thermaltake USB3 dock as playback drive; Star Tech PCIe USB3 card

XX 0.9z-8-3a : KS Engine 4 "Adaptive"; DB = 4096; APx16; Q1/2/3/4/5 = 14x1/0/0/0/0; No Appointment/low/real time; CR = 0.5 ms; XTweaks Ultimate; SC; SFS= 120/120 ; allow format change; unattended ; min OS and stop "all" services; normalized volume usually played at -15db ;  peak extension on ; PA off

Signal chain: 24/786 NOS1 USB; 16 ms buffer on driver 1.0.2 => Valhalla XLR IC = > McIntosh 2301 tube monoblocks => Purist Dominus spk cable => B&W 802 D
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 06:37:10 pm »

Sounds as though my system is going to catch fire so maybe I will have to buy a fire extinguisher in anticipation ha ha.

P

Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 06:38:17 pm »

Just cant believe it... nea
How can it be that time after time you are writing those posts.
Someday it has to end....
But for now i enjoy those exciting posts.  Wink'

wacko

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
GerardA
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2011, 10:21:27 pm »

To get back to the Bybee..
On a quantum level I was thinking, if you look at the electrons moving in the direction of the cable, backwards and forwards, they can bump into other electrons and go in different directions like billiard balls. This will give some non-music related noise.
If it is possible to filter this out by only allowing electrons to pass if they go in the perfect direction which then is only the music and some basic noise it could be a (big?) enhancement.
If such a device exists it looks to me comparable to a polarizing filter for light. Only let the light through in one direction.
But how to do this for electonics?
Maybe a lot of very thin (nano)wires that can let through only one electron at a time?
Or is it just an other implementation of oxygen free copper with very large crystals or a carboncable a la van den Hull?

asrock ->intel 6700/4GB/Samsung 850 SSD/Win 10() Pro /XXHE 2.09  Special (32) Clock: max ,SFS: 4  MC, Q1 = 14, Q2,3,4,5=0,0,0,2 Quad AP, No Invert / Playerprio = Belownormal / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = 3 / Mixed contigious / Unattended -> Minidsp 2x4HD (IIR and FIR)->  Mivoc AM80 / 300B / gainclone -> TDL TL/Seas Excell/ScanSpeak
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2011, 11:39:45 pm »

Hey Gerard - it is very interesting you should come up with this because the Bybee bullets incorporate "carbon fibre nanotubes" as well as other exotic materials including ceramics gold platinum and silver.

The billiard ball analogy sounds good and also there could be other weird quantum stuff happening (one electron appearing in two places at the same time, quantum tunnelling particle / wave uncertainty etc etc).

I read that whilst the physicists understood the reasons for electrical noise occurring in circuits (well as much as anyone understands quantum stuff) the methods they came up with to reduce it were largely empirical - and they freely admit that they do not really understand the real detail and mechanics of how what they did works.

Maybe as well as forcing the electrons to move in one direction the carbon fibre nano tubes also force the electrons to behave in a more predictable & less quantum manner thus achieving a smooth "slipstream" flow of electrons.

Well after a few glasses of wine it sounds good to me.

Maybe you should have been on the team ??

All the best

P

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: