XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 23, 2024, 02:52:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Q1 and it's mystery  (Read 21427 times)
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 06:12:38 am »

A little bit more time spent and...

I began to hear "cracks" in the sound at -4 so I moved up to -3... I think it's stable here.  I am amazed at how clear, see through it is sounding at this Q1 setting.  Usually when things start sounding so clear I start looking for what has been striped of the music to make it so transparent.... (kinda like when I was exploring with silver wire interconnects).  But I just don't feel there is any leanness or notes being cut off here... just great transparency with the weight of the music left intact.  I'm going to qualify that I still think I need more listening time... but, this seems to be a substantial improvement to me even over setting 13... which I still like, but now seems a bit "cloudy" compared to -3... I'll move to -2 if I start to think there's still "cracking" under complex music, but it's hard to hear when complex music is on hehe.  Bass might be different, but it still hits pretty hard, and may be the same, just sounds different with everything else being so clear and extended.  Should I try reversing phase?  I haven't felt I need to.  Sorry for the rambling.  New version, yea.  I need to add album art to the majority of my collection :/ that should take forever and a day.  Should I invest in a scanner and scan my own CDs in? suggestions on a scanner?
I also may go back to splitting my wav files, I think it didn't (really?) harm the files when I did that. 

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
edward
Audio Loudspeaker

Let's Be Near . . . The Atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 06:27:19 am »

You know, previously I had been testing (comparing) with specific music and perhaps got a little burnt out on it, but last night I decided to try out some different music (perhaps better recorded music). I was getting some scary detail and resolution. I mean wow! I went to Q1=-4 with the invert box checked and it became so much more 3D and transparent. As I said the detail and resolution was so scary, it was almost too revealing (especially on poorer recordings). As Dave said, I don't think anything was missing, but I need more listening time. But indeed, every other setting sounds "cloudy" compared to this. Dave, try the invert box checked and tell me what you think.

Peter, will you be implementing the option to go lower than -4? I'm curious what's out there. How much detail can I take. Happy

Home built PC (Zalman TNN-300 Silent Case = Intel E2160 - Dual Core 1.8GHz) => Vista (Home Premium) => RAMDisk => M-Audio Audiophile USB (AK4528 DAC) Latency 128 =>

April 19, 2008
0.9u-14a (Double, No Invert, Mem Unchecked, Volume -24dB ** Q1 = -1 ** Player Priority=Low ** Thread Priority=Realtime ** Core Appointment Scheme-1 ** Unattended)
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: