XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 18, 2024, 07:48:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Minimize 9Z-7 latest release-- Result: No PA in 9Z-709  (Read 19476 times)
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: August 16, 2012, 04:23:17 am »

Had no problem activating the official release version of 9Z-7 (undemo is gone from the core appointment area of settings) but it won't minimize, even after a system restore. Going back to 9Z-709 I can switch back and forth between full and minimize OS, BUT PA will no longer engage in 9z-709! Bummer.... I even did a system restore again and I still can't get PA to engage. Will sleep on it and, hopefully, you'll have an answer for me in the near future.   Happy

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 04:57:03 am »

I Boleary,

I had a similar problem recently (as a beta tester). If I recall correctly, Peter suggested in an email - before activating the software:
- play for a while in XXHE, with the adjustments, some music, etc...
- After a while, exit XXHE.
- Load XXHE.
- Exit XXHE.
- Load it again...

Then ask for activation.

To tell the truth, I don't know if all of this is needed to make it activated, but there is a final advice from what I experienced...

You need to go to Paypal again to activate it. Just add "Refund" to the first line to indicate to Peter that you are simply "re"activating your XXHE. You will be refund in no time.

At this point, I can't tell if it will be mandatory to go through this as long as XXHE version stays the same, on the same computer, but I hope it will get simpler than this in the future ;-)

As a final verification... No, the fact that you do not see "Undemo" aside the core scheme does not mean that it is really activated. I thought so and it was not really activated, even if the small Window "Done!" was seen and the "Undemo" gone...

If you really want to assure that your XXHE is activated (really activated), "uncheck" the "Don't do anything with CoverArt" in the Settings... When you will start music, if the border of the CoverArt (minimize XXHE to see it) is RED, then it is indeed activated. Otherwise, I suggest you go through the same routine again...

I know it sounds complicated and maybe there are useless steps here, but it worked for me...

Regards,

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
praphan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 07:41:11 am »

Alain hi,

Your elaboration on the activation process is very clear indeed. Thanks.

However, I am quite certain that I followed such steps when I downloaded z709 two weeks ago. So far I have never had the "red border" on the coverart wallpaper (with attended playback).

Last night, I copied and pasted activation code and followed the steps again without a successful activation. I can even choose appointment scheme 3 though which is an activated feature in previous version of XXHE. In conclusion,I think  the "red border" is the only indication for a successful activation. Without this PA will not be operational.

My question to you Alain, which version of z7 that you had a successful activation. Is it the one on the download page in this forum? If so I will start all over again. But do I need to do the system restore to bring back a "clean" stage.

Thanks,
Praphan

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 02:00:48 am by praphan » Logged

PC: Asus X58 chipset M/B; Seasonic 850W PSU; i7 970 12 threads (HT=on); ATI HD 5770; Zalman Reserator water cooling, 24GB RAM, Plextor PX230A drive ; W7 Pro 64bit plain SP1 (no further update) and XXHE on Velociraptor; music on Sata 3 2 TB HDD; WD5003ABYX sits on Thermaltake USB3 dock as playback drive; Star Tech PCIe USB3 card

XX 0.9z-8-3a : KS Engine 4 "Adaptive"; DB = 4096; APx16; Q1/2/3/4/5 = 14x1/0/0/0/0; No Appointment/low/real time; CR = 0.5 ms; XTweaks Ultimate; SC; SFS= 120/120 ; allow format change; unattended ; min OS and stop "all" services; normalized volume usually played at -15db ;  peak extension on ; PA off

Signal chain: 24/786 NOS1 USB; 16 ms buffer on driver 1.0.2 => Valhalla XLR IC = > McIntosh 2301 tube monoblocks => Purist Dominus spk cable => B&W 802 D
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 08:08:48 am »

But do I need to do the system restore to bring back a "clean" stage.

Thanks,
Praphan

Yes,

it is best to start from zero with a clean system to avoid any .......... .

Joachim
praphan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 08:48:54 am »

Yes,

it is best to start from zero with a clean system to avoid any .......... .

Joachim

Thanks Joachim,

BTW, do you have to use your glasses to look at that "red border"?  I thought it was only me who has to use glasses. Hahaaaaaa

Do you still face the z7 drop out and vanishing ? Probably I will wait until the fog is clear before making another installation and activation attempt.

Cheers!

PC: Asus X58 chipset M/B; Seasonic 850W PSU; i7 970 12 threads (HT=on); ATI HD 5770; Zalman Reserator water cooling, 24GB RAM, Plextor PX230A drive ; W7 Pro 64bit plain SP1 (no further update) and XXHE on Velociraptor; music on Sata 3 2 TB HDD; WD5003ABYX sits on Thermaltake USB3 dock as playback drive; Star Tech PCIe USB3 card

XX 0.9z-8-3a : KS Engine 4 "Adaptive"; DB = 4096; APx16; Q1/2/3/4/5 = 14x1/0/0/0/0; No Appointment/low/real time; CR = 0.5 ms; XTweaks Ultimate; SC; SFS= 120/120 ; allow format change; unattended ; min OS and stop "all" services; normalized volume usually played at -15db ;  peak extension on ; PA off

Signal chain: 24/786 NOS1 USB; 16 ms buffer on driver 1.0.2 => Valhalla XLR IC = > McIntosh 2301 tube monoblocks => Purist Dominus spk cable => B&W 802 D
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 09:13:53 am »

Do you still face the z7 drop out and vanishing ? Probably I will wait until the fog is clear before making another installation and activation attempt.

Cheers!

Hi,

yes, I have still this problem and starting from zero again.

The OS is minimized when it is not possible to delete the "Phasure OCX" files from the system. A note will appear "Windows Installer ....."

So, I'm fighting to get things run.

best

Joachim
praphan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 09:22:09 am »

When you overcome it, I would appreciate it if you could share the installation and activation tricks with us.

Best regards,
Praphan

AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 11:57:16 am »

Hi Praphan,

I was able to have 0709 activated a few weeks ago, but each time a new version of the beta XXHE was out, I had to go through the Paypal routine to get a new activation code.

When the official XXHE came out, stubborn as I am, I tried again with the previous activation code... Then I went again with Paypal. I am not sure if Paypal is wondering why I keep paying and being refund  Wink

The fact that the windows "Done!" appears and the "Undemo" disappears (making me assume that the activation went well) makes me assume wrongly that all is OK, but the red border with the CoverArt is the only way I found to really assure that it is (activated)...

Is it what you wished to know ?  Happy

Regards,

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 12:10:48 pm »

I forgot to specify the steps I go through when I want to install a new version...
- I revert from the "Minimize OS" to a normal state
- I undo (through "Recovery") to a previous state, before the OCX setup (the small setup that needs to be done prior to the initial start of XXHE)
- I "empty" the content of my XXHE folder, also the XXDATA folder
- I install the new version and restart from scratch

Then I go through the "pre" activation routine and then Paypal.

This, when a new version is available of course.

Alain  Happy
P.S.: This, for the sake of a great sound (of course also)  Happy

boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 12:40:41 pm »

Thanks Alain, I really, really appreciate your clarifying this! Will now give it a try when I get home from work this evening---oh, of course I was copy/pasting the activation code.

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 12:43:20 pm »

Then I go through the "pre" activation routine and then Paypal.

I think that going to Paypal is the last thing you should do...

First play music and when all possible seems to work correctly in demo mode then reboot and check again.

BTW, why do you empty the old folder? Why not just add another folder (different name) with the new version in there? This way there is no history whatsoever relating to the newer version and run setup from there and start XX from there...

Still some old things need to be removed first from memory and such but it gives a cleaner start. Just a restore does not change everything back into its previous state...

Bert

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

XX settings basically similar to PeterSt's
praphan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 01:37:47 pm »

Thanks Alain,

I will start from scratch tonight.

Best
Praphan

boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 01:40:36 pm »

I just followed the procedure described by Alain (didn't see Bert's post till it was too late) and all works again: red border and PA is on. Thanks so much.

Bert I assume with your way you copy paste your old activation code?

AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 01:50:17 pm »

Hi Bert,

I guess that emptying the XXHE folder each time seems overkill... And this method has brought some problems - some of them not being too far from now Wink...

I had experienced problems with the Minimize OS in the past, but since then I had chosen to "recover" after each revert of the Minimize OS. That has helped in avoiding some malfunctions (Minimize OS that does not minimize for instance).

I used to disable the recovery feature before (less processing was my aim), but I finally agreed that it was very helpful in certain situations. Of course, it will not change anything in the XXHE folder, since other than the OCX files that are required, XXHE is simply installed manually...

There are things I play with after Minimizing OS - disable some tasks from the Task Manager for example, all of this is reverted when I "recover"... So when my enthusiasm is too intense and it generates problems, I can redo...

But of course, I could simply create a new folder for a different version Happy

Alain

AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 02:04:55 pm »

Oops... I forgot to tell my experience about using a previous activation code... Maybe I was not patient enough, but all I can say is that trying previous activation code through the different sub-versions of 09-7 did not do the trick (for me). But I don't mean it can't work of course...

Alain

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: