XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 20, 2024, 11:07:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 9z-7-5 activation  (Read 4923 times)
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: November 03, 2012, 10:12:16 am »

Hi Peter,

I recently cloned Win 7 from my music pc prior to the installation of a Win 8 upgrade. After a while, I reverted to Win 7 from that clone (it was done with this in mind), so the main drive was back at its prior state. 

After that, the music had interruptions at random, while the progress bar and time counter were still working. When I press STOP then PLAY, all works again. Until it cuts later. There was no "undemo" aside the Processor Core Appointment Scheme, and the Cover Art had its red border. Yet it seemd to behave as if the activation was kind of incomplete.

I started playing with the different options to check if it could correct that matter, but it didn’t. There are no error messages.

I had a backup from a fresh Win 7 SP1 installation (I use Acronis True Image 2012 Home edition by the way) with the intent of using my latest activation code for that pc.

I did this twice, before resolving myself to ask for a new activation. The first time, I tried to activate it after a short amount of time playing music. The second time, I played music for about an hour, then rebooted a few times during that period. My activation code was not working anymore.

So I asked for an activation again.

But about the restore from that cloned drive, I would have thought that a new activation was not needed ?

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:04:47 am »

Hey Alain,

First about the latter "restore" issue : This will be too vague for you and me to work out / resolve; too many things can have - and most probably will have been done by you after this. I mean, to get all in the state you wanted. Maybe not, but we can't work that out anyway.

But now your first (clone) operation ...

I am 100% sure things go odd with such a clone operation, but merely the cloning back. Re the latter, I mean when the clone was made when the OS concerned NOT running (so, when you clone the OS disk from the OS running from there, all becomes super vague and it will be completely to TrueImage to have that all right);

When I clone an OS disk (so, not from an OS running on it) and use that one to boot, things are NOT the same. This can be in all kind of areas like power management and for sure the reserved space for making Restore Points; this is always 0 then.

*Which* things change seem a kind of random to me. But also look at this, just as an example and derived from my own quest what actually can happen :

- Usually we clone a partition; not a disk. This means that exactly this "boot partition" (what is it ? 100MB or so ?) mat (or will ?) remain -ehm, may not be cloned at all;

- We already know that especially with Dual Boots the on boot can influence the other (most probably this is related to a common part for both which *has* to be there).

- When you make the clone, all kind of registrations are in the registry. Example : what drive letters your removable USB devices have. When you make the close with some USB disk attached and put that clone back when it is not there, things *have* to change. Notice that when the system is shut down all is registered and that this will be different from rebooting from another disk (no matter it's virtually the same). This can be because things changed in the mean time.
Do it's a complex thing anyway.

To be complete :

After that, the music had interruptions at random, while the progress bar and time counter were still working.

This is nothing like not being activated. In that case XXHighEnd will disappear (assumed your time counter is from the GUI and not from the OSD). So, something just being not right as it can happen to anyone.

I could also have said : I don't know. But what I described above are my own observations. I always pay attention to everything, and I really see things change which shouldn't. So I'm only trying to find explanations for it.
Btw, I also use TrueImage Home 2012, but I don't think it is related to the means making the clone (unless it was from a "live" OS, as explained above).

Regards,
Peter

PS: Your refund through Paypal got stuck halfway (20 minuts ago), but the status now is that it's payed back. So if you didn't receive an email from it, please check your account.

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 12:07:59 pm »

Hey Alain,

First about the latter "restore" issue : This will be too vague for you and me to work out / resolve; too many things can have - and most probably will have been done by you after this. I mean, to get all in the state you wanted. Maybe not, but we can't work that out anyway.

But now your first (clone) operation ...

I am 100% sure things go odd with such a clone operation, but merely the cloning back. Re the latter, I mean when the clone was made when the OS concerned NOT running (so, when you clone the OS disk from the OS running from there, all becomes super vague and it will be completely to TrueImage to have that all right);

When I clone an OS disk (so, not from an OS running on it) and use that one to boot, things are NOT the same. This can be in all kind of areas like power management and for sure the reserved space for making Restore Points; this is always 0 then.

*Which* things change seem a kind of random to me. But also look at this, just as an example and derived from my own quest what actually can happen :

- Usually we clone a partition; not a disk. This means that exactly this "boot partition" (what is it ? 100MB or so ?) mat (or will ?) remain -ehm, may not be cloned at all;

- We already know that especially with Dual Boots the on boot can influence the other (most probably this is related to a common part for both which *has* to be there).

- When you make the clone, all kind of registrations are in the registry. Example : what drive letters your removable USB devices have. When you make the close with some USB disk attached and put that clone back when it is not there, things *have* to change. Notice that when the system is shut down all is registered and that this will be different from rebooting from another disk (no matter it's virtually the same). This can be because things changed in the mean time.
Do it's a complex thing anyway.

To be complete :

After that, the music had interruptions at random, while the progress bar and time counter were still working.

This is nothing like not being activated. In that case XXHighEnd will disappear (assumed your time counter is from the GUI and not from the OSD). So, something just being not right as it can happen to anyone.

I could also have said : I don't know. But what I described above are my own observations. I always pay attention to everything, and I really see things change which shouldn't. So I'm only trying to find explanations for it.
Btw, I also use TrueImage Home 2012, but I don't think it is related to the means making the clone (unless it was from a "live" OS, as explained above).

Regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,

I normally do not clone a drive. I did this as an exception because I was quite sure that I would run through problems with Win 8. I normally do a backup right after the plain OS install (and activated), so it saves some time if I have to restart from scratch. I have a bootable True Image USB stick (also on CD), so yes, Windows is offline. But I understand that "cloning" has its limits.

About the 100MB partition: yes, I take it also with the backup of the main partition.

Regards,

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: