XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 24, 2024, 05:23:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Curiously shaped" NOS1 shows up on Absolute Sound's radar  (Read 5062 times)
smilemakr
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« on: May 17, 2013, 11:17:08 pm »

Congratulations, Peter!  I was just perusing an email I received today from Absolute Sound, including a review of the best sounds from the New York Audio Show.  Well lo and behold, the Phasure NOS1 got the attention of the reviewer, Scot Hull, in the Venture Audio room.  Aside from calling it a "curiously shaped device" (OK, he's right, you know) he did recognize it as "outstanding-sounding".

Here's the link: http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/new-york-audio-show-part-2/?utm_campaign=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&page=2&utm_source=email-116

Mark
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 10:35:06 am »

Hi Mark, thanks for the link.

"Of particular interest was the Phasure NOS1 DAC ($4,500), an outstanding-sounding if curiously shaped device. While just about everything in this room was way out of my league, the sound was incredibly delicate, but still had that leather-wrapped-steel-hammer for bass. “Outstanding,” is what I wrote in my little notebook. I then underlined that word 25 more times."

Excellent!

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: