XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 03:01:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The end of XXHighEnd ?  (Read 18465 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: November 16, 2007, 03:50:35 am »

oops

Noooooo ...
But let's say it's the end of an era.  too much !

Those who follow the development of XXHighEnd from the beginning, know that once per so many months I (myself at least) dare say that music playback got "twice as good" again. Well, twice as good is not defined of course, but it expresses some wild progress achieved.
This is such a moment again ... yahoo

Maybe there is not much reason to tell about this while the version expressing it all is not uploaded yet, but let's say you've got a day or two to get yourself acquainted with the old days ...

Some of you may recall me telling about the "crazy dynamics" early version of Engine#3 (which never got it to the public), which was so "unheard" that it really had something because of just that fact. But, it was not good also (this was about instruments falling apart, and hearing the individual body parts of instruments instead). Well ...
This time a similar thing was achieved, but now I think it's good. Oh yes ...

This time there is one main characteristic of another universe : crazy transient response.

Wow, I dare ...
Yep, kind of confident. Happy

A litte care though ...
Right now, I'm sure I am the only one who knows what the amps I have are capable of in terms of speed (look at the picture below at the bottom left and the "BD" box to get some idea). Yes, this amp was made for speed, but what it really can take ... wow. Okay, IOW, it may be so that what XXHighEnd now can unveil, may not come from your amps. But we'll see about that.
Also note that this unrivaled transient response most probably only can be perceived by means of a nos (non oversampling) DAC.

On another note, be warned; be warned about giving yourself a day to get used to the sound. To learn what's in there ... to learn about the good stuff.
I say this, because all is very much different. At first you may find all has gotten more tiny. Actually, I think it is, but because of so much added air;
At this time, it could be so that net -and after longer listening- the outcome is that it's no good at all. But so far, I do not expect that.
Also, I just listened to one setting, while of course there still is the Q1 to slide with, the Invert box to change and some more, and ... and a few new settings with which I did not even dare start playing around with. I just like the first attempt of a random set combination so much that I'm afraid to destory things. Hahaha.

A funny thing is, that some of those settings can't even be checked for their proper working. Think of Processor Core Appointment or Priority which can be checked indeed (by means of Windows properties), but these new settings ... not. So I must trust my own decency in programming here. Well ...

I must say, I was inspired once again by ideas of you out there (per request of two different people over time), which now causes the big difference. Start guessing what it is ...

In the upcoming weekend I will finish things off, and a 0.9s-0 version will be uploaded.
For now, start dreaming about supersupersuper fast synth voices, timbre at a micro level you did not know it existed, new sounds in all your music all over the place, the visualization of manipulating hi-hats as was done in reality, and ... well ... more highs.
The latter I was seeking for as you might know, and I am about to unmount my highs-upleveling tweaks now. So get ready for that too ... a kind of extreme more highs expression.

teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing
                                                                teasing
teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing teasing

Peter

* IMG_7004d.JPG (201.92 KB, 512x768 - viewed 1081 times.)

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 05:21:09 am »

In the upcoming weekend I will finish things of ...

This sounds most intriguing Peter Cool

And, because the weekend starts here about 9 to 10 hours before you guys in Europe, I'll be able to open and play with the present earlier  Grin Grin

Cheers all,

Russ

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
Leo
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 09:42:10 am »

Peter this is very cruel ! I haven't been as anxious to receive my new toys since the days I still believed in St. Nicolas. I will look for your upload every five minutes for the coming 48 hours....
On the other hand, if your words come out true (once again) I will call you St Peter for ever more.

Leo

Dedicated silent audio pc HFX classic, Windows 8 pro 64bit  / Intel 3930 CPU 6 cores 12 threads,  ASRock x79 Extreme4-M/ SeaSonic Platinum 400w ATX PSU / 16Gb RAM , music on (SATAIII), MinOS/ Engine#4 Special Mode / Q1/2/3/4/5 = *6*/0/1/1/1 Qf=1 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / not Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / *Scheme = 1-2* @ UnAttended  /Services Off + No Running Time / Octo Arc Prediction Upsampling / *SFS=0,4 max= 120*  XT Tweaks balanced load 43, nervous=100, cool when idle 1, Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / Double Octo Arc Prediction Upsampling / -> USB with Dexa clock -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1 async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.3 (2ms) ->  direct to AMP: Gainclone mid high, Hypex DPS400 low, horn system (tractrix for mid/high, BD for bass with Oris200)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 10:00:04 am »

On the other hand, if your words come out true (once again) I will call you St Peter for ever more.

LOL! ... Please don't.
Btw, I heard that one must die first to obtain such honours. nea

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 10:04:51 am »

This time there is one main characteristic of another universe : crazy transient response.

Exciting..... even my Logo is getting Crazy by the idea!

Bert

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

XX settings basically similar to PeterSt's
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 03:22:24 pm »

Cant wait.........Sad

swoon

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
andy74
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 08:41:12 pm »

Hi Peter,

It is just occurred to me when thinking about your new upcoming version and its dynamics.
The thing that I liked so much about r version, was that the sound is engaging, alive, don't let you get bored.
in other words, yes that's right, it was very much dynamic.

So I am waiting for a surprise too.

Andrey

1. USB FreeAgent 500Gb -> P4 2.8 2gb RAM Vista Ult  -> XXHE Q1=14 prio both = Normal -> esi juli@ (SPDIF is default device->analog mon in ESI panel->analog outs) -> nad 320BEE->Boston Acoustics cr150
3. IBM thinkpad r52->VIsta Ult XXHE, Unattended playerprio=Nothing threadPrio=Normal -> very cheap usb audio adapter -> shure attenuator -> headphones shure 210 Happy
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 02:18:43 am »

Here I am, ready to hold your feet to the fire.... (I woulda fit right in with the Spanish Inquisition)

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 09:43:49 am »

In the upcoming weekend I will finish things of ...

This sounds most intriguing Peter Cool

And, because the weekend starts here about 9 to 10 hours before you guys in Europe, I'll be able to open and play with the present earlier  Grin Grin

Hahaha Russ. Bad luck you have. And you'd be really in bad luck when I finish it after 6pm tonight ... Shocked
But no, I'm working on it. 4-5 hours maybe ...

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 10:50:46 am »

I'll look on the bright side then ... I can enjoy it tomorrow during the day while the rest of the world needs to sleep, although I'm sure there will be a few here having a late night tonight  Grin

The temperature forecast for tomorrow here is a top of 37 degrees centigrade so it's a good excuse to stay inside and enjoy your new creation.

Cheers all,

Russ

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 05:35:16 pm »

It took some longer than expected (isn't that always ?). Should be 30 minutes now ... (making Release Notes).
That would be 5:55pm here.
oops

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 07:18:52 pm »

It took some longer than expected (isn't that always ?).

Now I have the new player but I can't play with it! At this moment the PC is making a backup (through FW800) needed to have some speed while making a 2TB backup (only works under XP). Still, it will take another 6 hours to finish and then I will be gone to bed...

Vista can't run at the same time and that is needed to tryout the new player!  unhappy

Oh well, there is tomorrow...  Wink

Bert

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

Telstar
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 11:57:25 pm »

Now I have the new player but I can't play with it! At this moment the PC is making a backup (through FW800) needed to have some speed while making a 2TB backup

FW800 is good, but... eSATA Happy

(2nd Apr 2018)
Software:
W10 14393 Pro x64 | XXHE 2.10 | MinOS | Q=14x1/0/0/0/0 | SFS 5,19 mixed contiguous | Nervous rate 1 | 4096k buffer |

Hardware:
OrigenAE H5 case | E5300 fanless |  8GB RAM | Winmate DC-DC fanless PSU | OS on SSD | Renesas USB3 pcie card | Belden highspeed usb cable | Audio-gd dac19 NOS with sigxer F1 | My_ref_FE mono amps | Albedo Apex speakers
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 12:20:00 am »

FW800 is good, but... eSATA Happy
[/quote]

Yes, but after this full backup I only need to update it from time to time and then a few Gb's takes only a few minutes... Happy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: