XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 28, 2024, 09:34:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SQ of 1.186, best ever! (Again)  (Read 158849 times)
Jud
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2014, 09:36:01 pm »

Dear oh dear - Here I am with one Windows install already upgraded to 8.1 (I'm assuming no way to downgrade; original W8 install was a download I didn't save - let me know if this assumption is incorrect) and the other at W7, wondering whether to buy another copy of W8 to upgrade the W7 install.

So is 8.1 completely hopeless?  Has anyone tried it in the past week or so during which Peter has once again found some merit in W8?

Win 7 64-bit; i7-950@3.07GHz; 16GB RAM; OS on SATA 6GB/s SSD; AIFF files on external FW HDD; XXHE and Playback Drive on separate RAMdisks; no page file; Audioquest Dragonfly DAC/preamp; PSE Studio IV amp; Pioneer SP-BS22-LR bookshelf speakers or Etymotic Research ER-4P in-ear monitors.  XXHE 0.9z-8-3a settings for the moment: Peak Extend; Arc Prediction; Redbook files upsampled 2x; KS Adaptive Mode; Phase Alignment off; buffer=512; Straight Contiguous; Playerprio=Low; ThreadPrio=RealTime; Unattended; OS minimized; all services off; Q1=17, factor=2; SFS=2.1; XXTweaks=Ultimate; Time Performance Index=Not the best.
Robert
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2014, 10:00:16 pm »

Gosh with the multitude of changes I think everyone needs to slow down a little.

I have yet to try W8 and still happy with W7. This sound is still well ahead of any opposition I've heard.

But its got to the point that the latest W7 settings are way beyond my computer anyway.

What with 12 cores and beyond its getting into Star Wars land.

We all recognise that the evolution must go forward but we need time to listen to settings and one would hope MUSIC.

Don't let the technology over ride the Music.

Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 12/24 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~997MHz, 48GB, W10, Pro64, Ver 14393, No updates,
XXhighend Ver 2.11a, Ram OS, Settings:Q1/-/3/4/5 = *14*/-/*0*/*0*/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max *10.13*) / Disable Cracks Off / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ UnAttended / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / *OSD Off* / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 62 / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Custom Filtering *Low* (16x)
Music on LAN, Phasure Lush^3 USB cable
Oppo 205 UDP Dac
Nordost Heimdall II interconnects and Nordost Heimdall II Power Cords, Audioquest power cords
Minidsp Flex digital 2 way Crossover 167hz
Unity Audio Boulder MKI Active Monitors x 2
JLAudio 12 Active Subs x 2
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2014, 10:37:26 pm »

Gosh with the multitude of changes I think everyone needs to slow down a little.

I have yet to try W8 and still happy with W7. This sound is still well ahead of any opposition I've heard.

But its got to the point that the latest W7 settings are way beyond my computer anyway.

What with 12 cores and beyond its getting into Star Wars land.

We all recognise that the evolution must go forward but we need time to listen to settings and one would hope MUSIC.

Don't let the technology over ride the Music.

Hi,
My computer is in simple words, an office PC with a 4core Intel proc. as per sig.
I made several tests with Peters “seagull” track and was listening especially to the 3D image and the highs with the VERTU CD (Stanley Clarke & Lenny White).
From my experience on my system the RAM disc has no positive effect on the SQ under W7 & W8, so all is running on the spinning disk.

Under W8 I got the following results.
A)   All on the spinning disk – best 3Dimage and nice highs.
B)   Playback drive on a RAM disk – 3Dimage was smaller, harsh highs,
C)   Playback and XXH on a RAM disk -  smaller 3Dimage than under B), harsh highs.

Joachim
Robert
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2014, 12:21:57 am »

I would disagree with you on Ram disk, it made a noticeable difference on playback in W7 and I continue to use.
I use 4g for ram disk playback due to running some 24/192 music files.

I don't use ram for XXhigh as not enough ram. But I would love to. I only have 8g total. You need at least 12g of ram to make this work well for both.

I'm limited by my notebook size can't put more ram in.

Robert

Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 12/24 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~997MHz, 48GB, W10, Pro64, Ver 14393, No updates,
XXhighend Ver 2.11a, Ram OS, Settings:Q1/-/3/4/5 = *14*/-/*0*/*0*/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max *10.13*) / Disable Cracks Off / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ UnAttended / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / *OSD Off* / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 62 / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Custom Filtering *Low* (16x)
Music on LAN, Phasure Lush^3 USB cable
Oppo 205 UDP Dac
Nordost Heimdall II interconnects and Nordost Heimdall II Power Cords, Audioquest power cords
Minidsp Flex digital 2 way Crossover 167hz
Unity Audio Boulder MKI Active Monitors x 2
JLAudio 12 Active Subs x 2
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2014, 12:58:12 am »

Hi Robert,

When I started playing with the ramdrive, I was using only 512MB for XXHE as a second ramdisk.

Peter explained that more was needed for the XXHE ramdrive, but in specific situations like HDCD music or FLAC - any other format than WAV.

Since I do not really have many HDCDs (one could deactivate the feature) and all my music is in WAV format, I could continue using only 512MB (I could even go lower than that). This of course stands only for the XXHE ramdrive, not for the music ramdrive...

Regards,

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2014, 01:21:35 am »

Dear oh dear - Here I am with one Windows install already upgraded to 8.1 (I'm assuming no way to downgrade; original W8 install was a download I didn't save - let me know if this assumption is incorrect) and the other at W7, wondering whether to buy another copy of W8 to upgrade the W7 install.

So is 8.1 completely hopeless?  Has anyone tried it in the past week or so during which Peter has once again found some merit in W8?
Hi Jud,

It seems that W8.1 would be a new "cracker" like W8 was when comparing to W7 about a year ago... Since we are still struggling with W8, I presume that W8.1 is/was not an important concern, apart from the fact that W8 versions are more complicated to find nowadays, not to say impossible...

About getting W8 again... Maybe there are still some stores that carry W8 ? I looked around but it would require that you have your product key to validate your request for W8... Maybe Microsoft support ?

Regards,

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
Jud
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2014, 11:56:27 pm »

About getting W8 again... I looked around but it would require that you have your product key to validate your request for W8... Maybe Microsoft support ?

Regards,

Alain

Alain, I now have W8 (along with 8.1 and 7), thanks to your idea above.  I remembered that I did get a product key when I bought the W8 download.  Searched my email, found the key, and with that was able to download and install it.  Many thanks for mentioning the simple and obvious idea (the product key) that I had overlooked.

Win 7 64-bit; i7-950@3.07GHz; 16GB RAM; OS on SATA 6GB/s SSD; AIFF files on external FW HDD; XXHE and Playback Drive on separate RAMdisks; no page file; Audioquest Dragonfly DAC/preamp; PSE Studio IV amp; Pioneer SP-BS22-LR bookshelf speakers or Etymotic Research ER-4P in-ear monitors.  XXHE 0.9z-8-3a settings for the moment: Peak Extend; Arc Prediction; Redbook files upsampled 2x; KS Adaptive Mode; Phase Alignment off; buffer=512; Straight Contiguous; Playerprio=Low; ThreadPrio=RealTime; Unattended; OS minimized; all services off; Q1=17, factor=2; SFS=2.1; XXTweaks=Ultimate; Time Performance Index=Not the best.
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2014, 12:14:56 am »

Jud,

Happy to be of some help Happy

On my part, going back to W7, I forgot that my copy was already a W7 with Service Pack 1... I went through all the Windows updates, then realized it was not good... Had to redo the whole thing again... I think I have a "crossfade" memory between versions Wink

Alain

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2014, 04:29:38 pm »

By now I have reasons to believe that while Windows 8 can sound more harsh or nasty in the highs, this is actually because it is more accurate so it shows better when your chain is *not* that better. So :

With my change to Windows 7 some 5-6 weeks back by now, I recall my remark "not sure about the bass"; I took that for granted. But at explicitly showing some sub-low to someone here the other day, ... where was that.
For other reasons we had to go to W8 but right away I noticed that sub low again. The next couple of days I was practicing my "feel your woofers" theories and it is just right.
So from this alone (which seems stupid ?) I tend to say that W8 has to be the better one.

Next is how to get that highs more under control; I think I already got "somewhere" but it is not finished yet.

With that in mind, I now think I do have those highs under the control needed (but maybe still not 100%) and I now have no urge to compare with Windows 7.
However, when I do now (in this situation as of now) Windows 7 sounds ugly; not distorted as such (like how it could be perceived say two months back) but just totally inaccurate. So what should have happened is this :

For W8 bass already was under sufficient control and therefore let W7 sound worse there, and while now highs got better for W8, W7 suddenly loses there too.
All is so relative ...

... and difficult, because it can well be so that most of us (or you) will not easily perceive a difference between W7 and W8 regarding the highs because that first needs a more crazy high frequency output level (so this is all speaker related) while for the bass it is quite easy to judge W7 as the better one because the bass is lower (keyed) in general. *This* though is not-right because in the same time it won't be a tight bass and for *that* to happen (for differences !) it first needs a speaker which can show that (in the really more low regions that is).

Not sure whether anyone can follow this. wacko

The other aspect is the 3D capabiilities of either, which I dedicate to better high freqency representation and "squares" which require those (very) high frequencies. So (synth) music with squares in them tend to do this 3D best while W8 is/was the opposite of that (way more flat than W7);
All I know at this moment is that I seem to be more focused on let W8 behave right in the highs than taking notice of the 3D aspects of it, while I also don't recognize any "too flatness" any more.

Remember, I changed things in my audio chain, so this is not really XXHighEnd (settings) related. It is true though that for W8 too the lower SFS (like 0.11 etc.) works for the better once the nastyness is out.

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2014, 05:23:01 pm »

Hi Peter, I see in your signature you have the word *modded* regarding the NOS1. Can you tell me please what does it mean?

Regards,
Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2014, 07:29:16 pm »

Juan,

This is all about speed. No "modded" NOS1 or whatever in there. But 118dB speakers instead of 115dB - Yes (you can have that too.  Wink Wink)

The "mod" is in the same area and works out similarly (way more highs yes) but I had to take that out.

So the more speed implies "better tracking" (read this as less distortions in the highs) which now (to my current idea) follows the better accuracy of W8 while at the same time it also follows the less accuracy of W7 better (the distortion in W7 becomes profound).

It is so complicated ... and I'm only always trying to reason out (or proove) what happens because of which.

Regards,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2014, 07:40:35 pm »

Thanks Peter, some parts of your response are certainly  complicated to understand, others not.
Yes, of course I would like to have those 115db...but  scratching

Regards  Wink
Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2014, 07:56:19 pm »

Yes, of course I would like to have those 115db...but  scratching

118dB ...

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2014, 07:59:23 pm »

Oh, I thing we are talking about different speakers  Wink

Juan

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2014, 08:06:19 pm »

No, well, uhm, I made a mistake. So :

Yes, of course I would like to have those 115db...but scratching

That was correct. sorry
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  All
  Print  

Jump to: