XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 20, 2024, 05:56:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nick's "Chronos PC"  (Read 20670 times)
Nick
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 07:30:29 pm »

I want to keep this quite simple.

The Chronos is a product, so beyond a high level description of what it is and does I do not propose to enter detailed descriptions here of how it is designed and how it works.

With the exception of Rakesh, who’s response to my invitation I find suppressing, the significant numbers of people that have contacted to me to date have been entirely comfortable to discuss the Chronos directly with me and have made decisions on what they feel is right for them based on this.

It is much too easy to stray into discussions that lead to accusations of marketing  etc etc here, so I stopped posts on the Chronos here to prevent misunderstanding. You will notice that I have not posted on the Chronos here since Pauls post on sound quality some time ago and the unsightly accusations that followed.

This is a clear position I hope. If there is genuine interest in the Chronos I ask please that people to contact me directly.

To explain why the Chronos is being treated as a product;

There are literally 100’s of ways to get a build of this type wrong, the difference between a bunch of parts put together and a properly set up system is night and day in terms of sound quality. This is not a DIYable [edit]  solution and I want people's experience of what I am doing to give consistent and enjoyable results.

I have spent a significant amount of time effort and money developing the Chronos and it is reasonable for me to re-coupe investment in return for providing what I think is a unique approach to building a reference level music server.

Finally development cannot stand still, this is because PC hardware moves on. As this happens the investment of more hours of work and cost are forced to happen again. There is risk for me as there is no guarantee of outcomes or how much time and cost will be incurred to get there.

Nick.

Audio PC

C621 motherboard, Xeon 40 thread CPU.

w10 14393 RAM OS => XX V2.10 / adaptive mode / XX buffer 4096 / NOS USB driver v 1.02 buffer 16ms / Q1,2,3,4,5 = 10,-,1,1,1 / xQ1 =15 / unattended / SFS 0.69Mb / memory straight continuous / system clock 15.0ms / Threadprio RealTime / Playerprio Low / CPU scheme 3-5 / 16x Arc Prediction / Peak Extend off / Phase alignment off / Phase off  / XTweaks : Balanced Load 35 / Nervous Rate 10 (or15) / Cool when Idle n/a / Provide Stable Power 0 / Utilize Cores always 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability  On =>  Lush USB cable => modified NOS1 USB DAC => no pre amp => Orelo active horn loudspeakers with modified bass channel DSPs.

Music server: X99, Xeon 28 thread PC.

System power two 3kva balanced tranformers with dedicated earth spur.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: