XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 20, 2024, 05:00:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard to turn off from Minimize and to return to Minimize  (Read 13868 times)
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: June 20, 2015, 01:54:52 am »

Peter, I have read something about this but can not find where. When the OS is in Minimize and I want to shut down the computer there is no way because the off button does not respond. I have to go back to Normal mode to turn it off. The problem is that, when I turn on the computer again, it takes a lot of work to go back to Minimize and play music because the buttons (S, P, L, Q, etc) are inactive. I have to reboot several times until the buttons miraculously become again operational in Minimize. I´d like to know what´s the sequence to follow to turn off the computer from Minimize and to return to Minimize once the PC is turned on.

Regards,
Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 09:29:40 am »

I Juan,

I'm afraid you forgot to tell a dozen or so things. Start with the OS (W10 I guess, but ...).

Maybe it is not easy for you to see, but you (now) don't make sense to me anywhere. I mean, an Off button ? And for what ? Oh, there is (or WAS ??) an Off button somewhere all right, but that is to kill XXEngine3.exe from memory (same as the blue led).

I have to go back to Normal mode to turn it off.

Mind you, what you are saying is that you want to turn off an Off button. Ehm ... wackowackowacko

So really ...

Maybe a screen shot ? It could be about the OS and Spanish and translation ?
Let me know !

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
phantomax
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 09:45:52 am »

When the OS is in Minimize and I want to shut down the computer there is no way because the off button does not respond

Juan,

I had the same problem but instead of sucessive reboots from normalOS to minOS I made some google search and I could find a solution that maybe can be useful for others: Is to create some shortcuts in the Desktop from DOS orders for shutdown, reboot and go to control panel.

For shutdown:
cmd.exe /c shutdown.exe -S -F -T 08 -C "Apagando en 8 segundos"
For reboot:
cmd.exe /c shutdown.exe -R -F -T 04 -C "Reiniciando en 4 segundos"
Of course you can change the time in the sentence.

For go to control panel simply open cmd and type control.

This was specially useful for me because the first time I went to minOS I had to shutdown turning off the PC and this was problematic I think because the RamDiscs not closing properly. After that the system ran CHDISK to find errors and it take a long time.

Maxi

Audio PC -> AsRock Z79 intel i-3 4170  @~800MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, DIY Linear Power Supply. music on LAN /
Engine#4 Special Mode/Q1/-/3/4/5=*30*/-/*1*/*1*/*1*/ Q1Factor = *5* / Dev.Buffer = 1024 /ClockRes = *15ms* /Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect /
SFS = *0,69*  (max 0,69 / Phase Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 1-3 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback
Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / *OSD Off* / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best / Time Stability = not stable / *Custom Filtering low for 176400* / Always Clear Proxy before Playbck = On -> Modified Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 internal soundcard with analog tube buffer (Broskie cathode follower) -> Passive biamplification: Canary Audio CA-301 MkII for highs- mids and Counterpoint SA-100 for lows -> Audiovector M-3 Super / modified Musical Fidelity X-3 (6h6p tubes) -> Grado 1000 headphones.
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 09:51:23 am »

Right click on the stop button in xx???

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 10:42:10 am »

Yes of course, Gerard. But although I would have put that in this topic a 100 times I see no resemblance at all to this being the issue. But Juan will tell ...

Peter

PS: So Maxi, that is all provided. But thank you !!

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 02:33:11 pm »

Peter,

Sorry if I have not explained it well. In my signature you can see that I´m using W10 and all the other settings. In short, to turn off the computer it´s not a problem. But when I turn on the computer again I must make several reboots to get it really in Minimize state.
I have tried to understand the help text of the Minimize button, but I find it confusing, although it seems to reflect the problem I´m talking about, meaning that although the Minimize button is active (red) really is not (that's when non of the buttons work) and it requires several reboots. What would help is to have a clear sequence of steps to turn it on and put it into Minimize in a simple way, i.e. with a single reboot.

Thank you Maxi for your help.

Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 03:06:35 pm »

Hi Juan,

It looks to be quite easy for you to turn things in a way so that you don't understand (yourself). In this case the example would be that you suddenly (!) perceive it normal that some kind of textbook is required to, well, just boot (never mind it is a boot into again MinOS).

In other words : since when is this not working just by itself without hassle that you know of ?
My answer : Since never because you just made it up.
And next you seek for that guide.
But moral : something can just be wrong easily and apparently you run into such a thing.

Thus, something is going on and it should be clear that it is something which only happens to you or otherwise others or I myself would have written about it.

And now I don't know ...

I am not sure at all whether it will help if you now in more clear fashion try to describe what is going on, clearly assumed that I don't know what you run into over there.
What is the very first strange thing you see ? (assume to be running in MinOS)
And if a screenshot helps (can also be by phone), don't hesitate.

We will get it !

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 05:44:02 pm »

Hi Juan,

It looks to be quite easy for you to turn things in a way so that you don't understand (yourself). In this case the example would be that you suddenly (!) perceive it normal that some kind of textbook is required to, well, just boot (never mind it is a boot into again MinOS).

Peter,

Here, it makes a great sunny weekend day, so I am faced with these minor difficulties with great humor and positive sense. With this spirit I receive your kind judgments about my way of perceiving the reality. Certainly my mind is not overly analytical, it is rather a little convoluted haha, well ... seriously, thank you for your willingness to help.

I am not sure at all whether it will help if you now in more clear fashion try to describe what is going on, clearly assumed that I don't know what you run into over there.
What is the very first strange thing you see ? (assume to be running in MinOS)
And if a screenshot helps (can also be by phone), don't hesitate.

We will get it !

First of all let me say that I do not use any remote control, or tablet, or even another computer, phone, remote desktop, wi-fi, etc. nothing. Just my audio computer with a SSD with W10 and XXHE in it. I use an external hard drive connected to this pc via USB, a keyboard, monitor and mouse. I also use the little Ramdisk program created by Alain that works wonderfully well. That is the basic structure of my audio pc. I will not go now on whether if it is better or worse, it is just what it is.

This is step by step what happens from when I turn on my computer:

First message displayed on the desktop (always):

"Explorer exe. - Unknown hard error". I know it does not matter so I click in Accept.

Now I click on the Ramdrives icon and after that on the XXHE icon and the program opens.

Occasionally the program opens in Minimize but a message appears saying the engine # 1 and # 2 are obsolete, etc . See pic. After the reboot all is correct.

Once more, I shut down the computer (right click in stop). I repeat the process until I open XXHE. This time everything works fine.

I repeat the process and again everything is ok.

Obviously I was doing something wrong, or following the wrong steps to turn off the computer returning to Minimize first which it is not necessary.

For now problem solved.

Kind regards,
Juan

* IMG_20150620_164239.jpg (416 KB, 1100x619 - viewed 760 times.)

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 07:02:20 pm »

OK Juan, thank you for th feedback.

Anyway I hope that after this healthy dose of (now) mutual sarcasm it is clear that bugs (if there) must be solved and not that guidelines are written to work around them.

On the other hand I understand that it is quite easy to think that such guidelines are or must be in order because of this "Alpha" version of Windows 10 itself.

I hope it keeps on working for you and if not you will announce yourself for sure !
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 07:35:08 pm »

Peter,  we all work together here trying to help as best as we can,  this is what makes this one such a special place. Of course irony and humor are always good tools to make the sometimes tough issues a bit more palatable.

Have a nice weekend,
Juan

phantomax
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 09:24:33 pm »

So Maxi, that is all provided

swoon
 You must read the manuals! You MUST read the manuals!! Smack !    Rules Rules Rules

Audio PC -> AsRock Z79 intel i-3 4170  @~800MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, DIY Linear Power Supply. music on LAN /
Engine#4 Special Mode/Q1/-/3/4/5=*30*/-/*1*/*1*/*1*/ Q1Factor = *5* / Dev.Buffer = 1024 /ClockRes = *15ms* /Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect /
SFS = *0,69*  (max 0,69 / Phase Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 1-3 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback
Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / *OSD Off* / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best / Time Stability = not stable / *Custom Filtering low for 176400* / Always Clear Proxy before Playbck = On -> Modified Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 internal soundcard with analog tube buffer (Broskie cathode follower) -> Passive biamplification: Canary Audio CA-301 MkII for highs- mids and Counterpoint SA-100 for lows -> Audiovector M-3 Super / modified Musical Fidelity X-3 (6h6p tubes) -> Grado 1000 headphones.
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 09:36:55 pm »

Jajaja,  Maxi, you are not the only one  Happy

Juan

phantomax
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 12:07:46 am »

Hi Juan and all,

Happy Summer  drinks

juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 12:17:32 am »

holiday

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: