XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 08:47:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10 Tweaks  (Read 27765 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 10:40:55 am »

Thank you for your extended elaboration, Joachim.

I think the (main) problem is that you call it "works flawlessly" while actually nothing works.
So what you (have to) do next is apply all kind of unnecessary stuff to get it to work for what you think is OK (for your ears - which is fine) and next advise it to others.

This, while all conflicts which what is already in there.
And seriously, it does not matter whether it is about defender, updates, eliminating services or MMCSS (and all more, mentioned so far) - this is all explicitly dealt with by XXHighEnd THUS per different means.
Sorry about the emphasized "thus" but I obviously know.

Maybe an example :
How can I guide someone to Group Policy stuff to eliminate Defender, while first something else has eliminated the whole option from there ? (this is about Esau's link). Please keep in mind that the Tutorials are there already.
No such things as Tutorials upon a STANDARD OS can exist if people first tear it down per various (unknown !) means.

One other example which is NOT meant to make it personal, but to indicate how difficult things can be, which not everybody can see, including yourself :
You are as far as I can tell the only one who could not get the 1.04 driver going. You said you applied all. But you did not and instead skipped the XXHighEnd settings at first. I know (your system shows that). This, btw, is when I told you that "sequences" are as important as applying the subjects involved in the first place.
So I had to make another "tweak" for people like you (and hey, this is thus not about you - it can happen, apparently).
But what nobody knows/sees (as said, including you) is that I can only build these tweaks upon tweaks (the 1.04 driver is a tweak to begin with) if I can trust the base of the system.

Do you seriously think that I could help (you) with determining what has happened to the system if first another means of "MinOS" has been applied while we don't even know what that all is (100s of things) ?

So all in the best spirit, which most certainly counts for you (Joachim) as well. I am 100% confident about that.
But you must please see through that this is nothing to now advise to others, while it is based upon something nobody has.

I hope it is clear now.

You mentioned with Reply#21 on the forum that it is not your intention to make double work with the “Minimize OS” procedure for the RMT W10

You didn't understand or possibly read half only :
W10 RTM in its 10240 build is more flawed that 10074. This was totally clear to the whole world.
It does not make any sense to again do work for something which is even more flawed.
It first needs another build which works better.

Why are you so persistent ?

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 04:49:53 pm »

One other example which is NOT meant to make it personal, but to indicate how difficult things can be, which not everybody can see, including yourself :
You are as far as I can tell the only one who could not get the 1.04 driver going. You said you applied all. But you did not and instead skipped the XXHighEnd settings at first. I know (your system shows that). This, btw, is when I told you that "sequences" are as important as applying the subjects involved in the first place.

Hi Peter,

This statement is not correct, see

http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=3185.msg34653#msg34653   on: 2015, May 11.
http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=3237.0  on: June 07, 2015,
http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=3248.0 on: June 09, 2015

Joachim
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 05:01:24 pm »

Hi Joachim,

Yes, nice. But it doesn't work. I saw it myself in your PC, and Gerard too, tells about a second time.
Paul I don't know, but I already don't care any more.

When a newer build is around the corner I will be happy to hear about it, so I can investigate the decency-status of it.
Ok ?

Best regards and thanks !
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: