XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 27, 2024, 08:37:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10 build 10074 expiration  (Read 86042 times)
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2015, 02:47:36 pm »

PS. Take a look in this link to Are the automatic updates good or bad?:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/windows-10-update-everything-you-need-to-know/
I just read the link you provide. I am unsure about the privacy and what lies behind MS "showed intentions" for the moment. That is why I prefer to wait for a time and see what others will say about standard Windows 10 before jumping into it for good with my music PC and my all purpose PC... Even it I decide to go with it, I still have backups of my previous Windows versions (Windows 7 and Windows Cool - just in case.

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2015, 02:55:35 pm »

Then, the real problem it´s not only to make the final W10 to sound as good as the v10074, the problem also will be if we can or can not to stop the automatic OS updates. If we can´t stop the updates we´ll have a permanent instability for what is important to us: the XXHE sound quality.

Hi Juan,

within the W10 pro (build 10240) you can stop/avoid any update.
(for an audio PC not connected to the internet)

Joachim

Hi Joachim,

You are right Happy As long as we stay away from internet with our music PC, we should be protected from these automatic updates Happy

Regards,

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2015, 03:33:51 pm »

Then, the real problem it´s not only to make the final W10 to sound as good as the v10074, the problem also will be if we can or can not to stop the automatic OS updates. If we can´t stop the updates we´ll have a permanent instability for what is important to us: the XXHE sound quality.

Hi Juan,

Joachim

Joachim, then the problem would be "only" to make it sound as good as the v10074.

PS. Take a look in this link to Are the automatic updates good or bad?:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/windows-10-update-everything-you-need-to-know/
I just read the link you provide. I am unsure about the privacy and what lies behind MS "showed intentions" for the moment. That is why I prefer to wait for a time and see what others will say about standard Windows 10 before jumping into it for good with my music PC and my all purpose PC... Even it I decide to go with it, I still have backups of my previous Windows versions (Windows 7 and Windows Cool - just in case.

Alain

Alain, I also have those W8 and W7 backups but the sound of the v10074 is so good...
Hi Juan,

From what I understand now, you changed the date in the BIOS and Windows was in Min OS when you booted after ? It could very well be that Windows is unable to verify the system date through that hypothetical file that I assume to exist. But like you say, we will know this when October 1st arrives Happy This may explain why the date change in BIOS worked for you Happy

Maybe if you go back in Normal OS mode, you will have your answer ? Then, going back to Min OS and then changing the date again in BIOS, all will work like the first time ?

Even so, I would suggest to use the "date" command under the command line - that in Normal OS mode. This will ensure that the changing to the latest date will not occur. Normal OS would seem to be a stronger way, but I could be wrong of course...

Regards,

Alain

Alain, where can I find how "to use the "date" command under the command line - that in Normal OS mode". I missed it.

Regards,
Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2015, 04:00:25 pm »

Juan,

On the task bar, you may see a "lens" to search.
Click on it, then type this:
cmd.exe

A small window will appear.
In that window, just type:
date

It will ask you to enter the desired date.

You can close the window after.

I will wait for your answer Happy

Alain

AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2015, 04:03:37 pm »

Just an additional note... You may see a message telling that it can't help you in your region, but at the right left of that window, there is another "lens" to search. Click on it. Then you will be able to type "cmd.exe"...

Alain

juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2015, 04:11:10 pm »

Alain, I have to do it in Normal mode, right?

Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2015, 04:36:24 pm »

Hi Juan,

All I can say is that I don't know, but since we will always pass some time in Normal OS, with all the processes that are normally workng, it would be better to do it in Normal OS Happy

Alain

AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2015, 04:45:02 pm »

I will rephrase this...

If I do something in Normal OS, it should hold when I will go in Min OS.

But if I do something in Min OS, there are chances that some of what I did will be reverted once I go back in Normal OS.

Not sure it this makes sense, but...

Alain

juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2015, 05:13:38 pm »

Thank you Alain  drinks

Juan

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2015, 05:17:17 pm »

Alain,

I would say that all what can be reverted in Normal OS is the saved states from when you boot from Normal into Minimized. But this is XXHighEnd causing this. So for example, when your Network Connection is On in Normal OS and you tell to shut it off for MinOS, then the state for Normal OS is On and that will be saved; when booting back into Normal OS later, that state is re"set".

All other things you run into can not be related to MinOS itself.
Yes, this too sounds vague, but it is easier to think that all what's reset is reset because I tell it to. So no mysteries there; it is only that you don't know what that all is. But example again : if you would be able to set the color of Explorer in the Registry, and you do/change that in MinOS, then at going back to Normal OS that color will NOT be set back to how it originally was. This is because I (XXHighEnd) does not Save the Registry settings (and/or Restore those at going back to Normal OS).
If you think "the state of the running services" only, then you will be thinking quite well in the reality of matters. Nog 100% but the exceptions will be rare.

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2015, 07:30:02 pm »

Hi Juan,

Joachim

Hi Joachim,

You are right Happy As long as we stay away from internet with our music PC, we should be protected from these automatic updates Happy

Regards,
Alain

Hi Alain,

we can stop the updates of W10 when connected to the internet too.  Happy (but that's not wise due to possible malware etc.)

Joachim
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:31 pm »

Answer to Reply#47 by Juan

Hi Juan,

i can't compare the two builds.

One question: how many processes remains in build 10074 in minOS?
(to be checked via the Task Manager)
Thanx

Joachim
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2015, 10:33:50 pm »

J
Answer to Reply#47 by Juan

Hi Juan,

i can't compare the two builds.

One question: how many processes remains in build 10074 in minOS?
(to be checked via the Task Manager)
Thanx

Joachim
Joachim, in min OS and with Unattended there is no process on. With the XXHE Gui only XXHighEnd appears.

Juan

christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2015, 11:04:52 pm »

Hi Juan,

thank you. By opening the task manager with STRG+Alt+Delete you will see this screen, and under performance we see the amount of processes just running.

Joachim

* taskmanager-processes=53.png (232.62 KB, 1836x1299 - viewed 727 times.)
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2015, 11:11:21 pm »

Ok, sorry Joachim. I was using my phone to send the pictures. Let me do it as you say and I´ll post it here.

Juan

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: