XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 06:07:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Disk with Multi-RAM-boot available for purchase  (Read 122093 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: November 11, 2015, 12:51:42 pm »

Edit, May 2016 : It has been found that the RAM OS Disk does not work with graphics (GPU) functionality on-board of the CPU. That is, when that is used. Using a separate PCIe card for that makes all operate fine.
Also see here : Re: RAM -OS files do not load into 16GB memory.

heat

A few years and maybe a 500 boots for the purpose further, we're in the stage of being able to produce a HDD with all on it to boot from RAM and next pull out the HDD.
And Yes, I surely think it is for the better (SQ).
Requires XXHighEnd 2.03 or higher.

For those who do not know - please notice the purpose : not having any device in the PC other than the processor, 16GB of memory and a network connection facility (and a removable HDD bay).
No electrical noise anywhere, apart from what the processor and the motherboard implies. No heavy spiking (of draw) involved, like a HDD/SDD would imply it (when it is used to supply data). Lower power draw all together.

Watch out : I have been breeding on this idea and text for quite a while and even at this moment of putting out the text I can not be sure whether all stays as it is now. Thus,  later when the disks are physically created (which will be in 2-3 weeks of time as how I see it at this moment), better/other ideas may have emerged.

May you not notice, what I have been doing is finding the ways within the Microsoft ways of doing things (legally). The new Windows 10 licensing strategy is crucial here.
Phasure will NOT provide any HDD with Operating Systems when the hunch could exist that you do not have a (virtual) license for Windows 10 for the targetted PC. This is somewhat harder to explain as you must be fimaliar with the W10 licesing structure.
More below I spend a small paragraph on this.

Below you can see what I currently made of it - a system with actually 5 boots.

From top to bottom :

- A combined Windows 8 and Windows 10-10565 RAM system (choose that and a next choice pops up).
- A Windows 8 BASE system.
- A Windows 10-10565 BASE system.
- A base system which is required for technical reasons and which is never needed at your side (Windows 10 Build 10565 in this case).

It boots default into one of the RAM versions (this is settable).

The W10-10565 Build will soon be replaced by the next formal ("slow ring") Build which will be 10586 (just waiting until the formal downloadable ISO for it is there); after that the disk will be ready to ship. Well, almost, because first ~11 hours will be needed to make a working Install of it and then it takes something like 90 minutes per disk to copy it, apply necessary adjustments and test each of the boots on it;
Assumed that 20 or so people like to have one, then this implies throughput time, obviously.

The way things are organized allows for upgrading of the OS from, say, "here". Thus, whether a new OS or very special settings to it - something which was never thought of but now can be done ... the OS can be downloaded and replaced on the disk(s) by you yourself. Note though that at this very moment this is a bit theoretical because the size (~7GB) is really too big for the upload speed I have here. However, there is work in progress that will higher the upload speed (which determines your net download speed) in 8 weeks or so (it is just waiting on the telecom provider to put through the necessary changes).

Example : In March 2016 a new W10 major version comes about (this really is so). What I will do is install this over here, obviously test it and set settings accordingly, and make it available for download.
Really all you need to do is :
- Download it;
- Put it on the BASE disk in the location I will tell you.
... and now you'll be running that new OS (when you choose it from the boot menu). Nothing to install, nothing to set. I have done this all over here for you.

OS License

I do not intend to provide any Operating System License, because everybody will have one already. This is the idea :
You can run the W8 as well as the W10 without Activation anyway. For W8 this certainly is so, and for W10 it looks to be the same. However, you *must* be legal.
Whether you had (currently have) a Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 Audio PC, in either case it is legal for the PC you use. Thus, replace that with another copy (either W8 Pro or W10 Pro) and you can use the key you already have.
Do notice that I will try to get hold of your "license data status" when you order a disk while I do not know about any previously operating Audio PC (like with a new customer).

We talked this through earlier on (other topic), but when you start to use W10 you are allowed to use the W7 or W8 Key you will have laying around somewhere. Next though, nothing will invalidate your W8 Key (of the installed W8 Pro) because it physically can not happen. But stay away from the Internet ... And still you are legal because you can not use two OSes at the very same time on that same PC.
Also, when you don't start to use W10, you thus use the W8 only which is as legal because you had a Key for that (this assumed).
Only in one situation things are a bit odd : when you did not have a W8 Key, but have a W7 Key. Solution :
Because W10 is free when coming from W7 just as it is when coming from W8, after that you are able to fall back to W8 (in legal terms - physically probably not).

Let me be clear : in the end you just never Activate, until it is really necessary.
Lastly on this : The W8 forced me to enter te Key during the Install process. So, I had to enter one and it will be the same for everybody. Never attempt to go to the Internet when W8 is the active OS without first changing the Key into the one you have yourself. Also see here : Activation of your Windows OS.

But notice :
At this moment it seems logical to me that the W10 10565 TRIAL can be used to go to the Internet. It is an OS version which you normally will not use for anything and it is no real pain when something happens to it. However, it will imply that you activate this one (once being connected to the Internet) which officially implies that you lose the license you have from either W7 or W8. Keep in mind for when this is about W8 : The W8 install on the disk can not be affected because it will not run when you run W10-10565. So it is on the disk all right, but nothing can see it.

Prerequisites

As was discussed/implied above under "OS License" you will need a running Audio PC with either Windows 7, Windows 8(.1) or Windows 10. That very (same !) PC is allowed to carry the disk of concern.

When you want to apply all in the meant well-fashion, you will need a 2.5" hot-swap removable hard drive bay (people with the XXHighEnd PC as povided by Phasure will have that). This needs to connect to internal SATA, preferably SATA3.
Notice that you really don't need to build in the bay and that it can lay on top of the PC or anywhere else; If you can access it easily to remove the HDD from it (or insert it) then it is fine.
Please notice : When you arranged for some external enclosure that connects via eSata (which often is a connection at the back of the PC) it is up to you whether you can boot from that (connection). But, you can try in advance (put in a 2.5" OS disk and see whether you can make it boot from it).

Just to be 100% clear : It is NOT an option to have any boot-over-USB means. This includes USB connected harddisks;
Any boot over USB implies 20 minutes of boot time (mind you, when booting from RAM is in order and what this is all about), which really is a no-go. And yes, did I try (thumb drives, normal disks); this appears not to be USB speed dependent, but depends on the way "disk sectors" are being read from a USB device which is - when done at that level (and which is required here) - super slow.
I'm afraid this excludes laptops (which never ever have been advised anyway).

An XXHighEnd 2.xx (or higher) License.
Notice that the disk comes pre-installed with everything and all, thus also XXHighEnd in Activated fashion.
If you already own a 2.xx License then no new License needs to be obtained.

Surprise : There is NO XXHighEnd PC required for this, hence it should work on all Motherboards.

Price

The cost price consists of these components :

• My 100s and 100s of hours spent on the idea, all the trialling and the installs themselves.
  • The (sadly !!) time needed per copy.
    This comprises the copying itself (which is only partly unattended) and manual adjustments each copy requires and the boot into each OS on the disk to see whether these adjustments were performed correctly.
    This easily takes one hour per individual copy.
  • The costs of the disk.
  • Packing.
  • Support people may need.

I hope 350 euros (ex VAT for those liable to VAT) is regarded fair. But although currently I am the only one who can judge the SQ coming from the RAM boot, I can promise you that you'll enter another era.
The price excludes shipping costs which can be 10-18 euros when you want to wait 1-2 weeks depending on your location on the globe, or 35-45 euros for two day UPS shipping again depending on where you are (same price as for the Clairixa USB cable, for those who experienced that).

More to expect ?

I can put the lot under "Prerequisites" a bit more positively, by saying this :

Without the possibility of the removable HDD bay, you can still SATA connect the disk in fixed fashion and enjoy the 5 (or more) different Operating Systems; the only thing you will miss out on is the possible removal of the HDD when the OS is up and running.
But notice :
When you are of the leage that likes a laptop for the better, you really won't need to remove that HDD anyway (read : you digest so much "misery" to begin with that you wouldn't care less about this disk to be permanently connected).

Regarding the latter ("permanently connected") :
Oh, you can even connect it via USB (and a USB dock);
You will be perfectly able to boot the TRIAL and the BASE versions in a fair boot time (think under one minute). This, of course assumed that your PC/Laptop can boot through USB.

Done ? hehe, still not, because as already told in between the lines :
You can still boot from RAM if you accept the 20 minutes or so boot time. Thus, you boot via USB (dock) after all and when the OS is up you pull out the USB cable.
Now you can have a taste of the again different sound, but with the hopefully honest remark that A-B the lot isn't something to do on the same day (a RAM boot taking 20 minutes) and even when shutting off the PC each night needs preparation of 20 minutes the next day.
This is how I told "this does not work". Technically it sure does, though.

Apply

Of course at this moment I don't know how many people are going to apply for the disk, but it will be first come first serve, just in case the list grow so long that a waiting queue will be there.
At this moment I have 12 persons (a theoretical close to 1000 minutes of work excl. packing) who applied earlier on (when I started to announce the maybe-possibility). Those 10 are first always. They too need to please re-announce themselves in this topic to confirm that they are still into this.
Otherwise people are encouraged to put themselves on the list by mentioning it in this topic.

And when everybody is at it anyway, please mention your preferred shipping method (cheap-slow-unpredictable or expensive-fast-predictable).

Of course people are allowed to ask what they want or deem necessary.

Keep in mind that at this moment we can't start making the disks because first the official W10 10586 ISO must be available which must be installed and "set" as well.

Regards and thank you,
Peter
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:23:34 am by PeterSt » Logged

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 01:09:18 pm »

Yes please Peter.  I will ask around, we may have a few that can be sent out in the same package to Australia (you already know this, but I will ask the other NOS1a owners in my part of the world).

Cheers,

Anthony

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

XXHighEnd 2.11 RAM-OS (W14393 RAM)
Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 01:25:48 pm »

Count me in, though I'll have tons of questions when it comes to getting it up and running--fast shipping. Thanks for all your efforts!

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 01:45:56 pm »

Hi Peter,

These are very good news !!! I certainly wish to add myself Happy

Just to be on the safe side: I am actually using a SSD to boot my system through an external enclosure, with Esata. I suppose that this would not be ok, since there will not be any application to allow a disconnection of the OS drive... So this means that we boot through USB right ?

I will be able to work like this with what is also called a "toaster". It allows very easily to disconnect a drive.

What will be the size of the disk ? Can it be a SSD ? I actually use a 120GB SSD drive for my music PC, but some SSDs have seen their prices drop up to .50 cents a GB. So a 240GB can cost no more that $120 (canadian)...

I probably will have other questions, but with only one coffee, this is all I have to ask for the moment Happy

But I am excited, that is for sure !

Regards,

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 02:47:07 pm »

Hi there Alain,

I hope it is clear to me what you want to say :

If the eSata connection does not allow you to officially "eject" (like USB can do this) then *this* is not a problem. Just unplug the eSata cable ...
Your problem only emerges when you want the OS disk to be live again (which would be the situation that you want to save (by then unknown) settings to permanent storage.
Notice : Such eSata devices ("boxes") sure exist, enabling hotswap of the devices.

Please notice : You can not test this at this moment, because it just as well might work because of what XXHighEnd 2.03 explictly does. Thus, in the normal situation too, the disk will not automatically be found (it is SATA(3) connected) and once removed, it needs special "code" to make it live again. This code is in XXHighEnd 2.03 for the purpose. So maybe it just works for you ...

The UNplugging is harmless because nothing has been written to the disk during the copy to memory (hence no "dirty caches") . Nothing even knows about it except for some very low level boot code. However :
If something is "killed" because of electrical constraints hence nothing expects the cable to disconnect and that causes troubles ... well, what to do.

Peter

PS: Let's try to avoid PM and keep the discussion clean (which means in here) Wink

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
pedal
Audio Enthusiast

XXHighEnd is THE best buy in Hi-Fi. Thank U Peter!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 03:23:54 pm »

This is great news, Peter!

What would be the price for your XXHighEnd PC, including this Multi-RAM pre-installed?

(The Silverstone I already own).

Hardware: Stealth Mach III > Lush^2 > 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3  > active preamp > 3-way active XO > amps > ribbon/dynamic true line source speakers.

Settings all settings as recommended by Peter by October 2019.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 04:17:35 pm »

Hey pedal,

Strange answer perhaps : The same 1975 euros as it was for NOS1(a) owners. The logic ?

Well, that the copying of a disk has to happen anyway - that the post-work (checking, changing settings) for such a PC is there always anyway and what lacks is the effort of the investment (say a small $$ Phasure seems to earn on it) but that this is replaced by the now NOT provided other disks.

I think the latter was already announced sort of in the XXHighEnd PC board (in the main post about it) - about the changed strategy from "have all the music on-board" as how it was previously, to have nothing in there as how it is advised today.
Thus no Playback Drive in there and no Gallery SSD in there (this is now all supposed to be in the music server (could be your current tower)). The Playback Drive is just RAM (Drive C: to the OS).
So this saves a bit.

One remark before it is wrongly understood :
The new XXHighEnd PC would be the typical example of a new PC which requires an OS license which I have to regard to be not available. This license always was provided with the PC and it still is ...

Peter

PS: Good question !

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
toddn
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 04:41:50 pm »

Sounds Good Peter!

Count me in and of course I'll want the fast shipping method Grin

Todd

W10-10074  XX HighEnd 2.03 PC -> i7 3930K AS Rock MB W/ Dexa Neutron Star & linear PS supply mod. For Processor Clock, Hyperthreading On (12 cores) @430MHz (!), 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Insider Preview build 10074 Samsun SSD, XXHE on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk), music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS W10 = .14(max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / W8 Scheme = Core 3-5, W10 Scheme = Core 1-3 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / UnAttended (Just Start) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - *Not Persist* / WallPaper Off, W10 Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *63* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / *Custom Filter Mid 705600* / -> USB3 (Silverstone W/Dexa Neutron Star Clock & Linear PS> *Clairixa USB* -> Uptone Regen w/ Dexa Neutron Star & linear PS -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (*4ms*) -> Blaxius BNC interlink -> 8 channels of Hypex NCore 400's -> DYI BD Orphean Horns w/ qty-3 custom 15" open baffle bass drivers and qty-8 12" open baffle subwoofers per channel
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 05:08:53 pm »

One for me please Peter.

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 05:52:21 pm »

Yes please  Happy

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
tillen
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 06:01:32 pm »

I want one too  Happy

PC- Asrock X79 Extreme 4-M -
i7 4930K Hyperthreading On (12 cores) 32GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10393.0 RAM-OS, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.05  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive / UnAttended  / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable/ Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 from MB - Sw#3 off NOS1a = Up) -> Clarixa USB-> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a async USB DAC 75B, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 06:27:05 pm »

Hi Peter,

...please notice the purpose : not having any device in the PC other than the processor, 16GB of memory and a network connection facility (and a removable HDD bay).
No electrical noise anywhere, apart from what the processor and the motherboard implies. No heavy spiking (of draw) involved, like a HDD/SDD would imply it (when it is used to supply data). Lower power draw all together.

Coincidentally, after a long time, the next weekend I had decided to start to take out all the devices I still have in the Audio PC in order to build a LAN. After the tests I did, unfortunately I can not yet do without the CPU fan because the temperature rises to around 60ºC. I imagine that, although there is still a fan inside, the improvement in SQ loading the OS and XXHighEnd to the memory will be worthwhile. Besides, of course, that it will allow to receive the latest OS with the appropriate settings.

So, please count on me and put me on the list.

Regards,
Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 06:39:44 pm »

Juan, I too have a CPU fan (as the only moving part left). I could make it water cooled, but at this moment I feel it is not necessary.
Edit : This fan is a most constantly running fan (does not rev up or down either or otherwise "very" long term) and that is crucial (for the better).

Edit2 : I must admit that I did not mention the fan in the quote I now see you gave. Could still good to strive for (so I better don't change the text) but anyway I have one fan in.

Thank you ...
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 06:56:12 pm »

Juan, I too have a CPU fan (as the only moving part left). I could make it water cooled, but at this moment I feel it is not necessary.
Edit : This fan is a most constantly running fan (does not rev up or down either or otherwise "very" long term) and that is crucial (for the better).

Edit2 : I must admit that I did not mention the fan in the quote I now see you gave. Could still good to strive for (so I better don't change the text) but anyway I have one fan in.

Thank you ...
Peter

My fan runs at constant and as low speed  as possible and, well, if you have still one inside and your sound is as good as you say I won't be in a hurry to change it  Wink

Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
KnB
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 09:53:21 pm »

Happy I still want one  Happy

Phasure system: XXHighEnd stealth Mack III LPS PC, Xeon scalable 14/28 - Lush^2 Blaxius^2  - NOS1a/G3 75B Dac - Orelo mkII speaker

Win 10 14393 - XX 2.11 - min OS - RAM drive - Music on LAN - Adaptive 4096 - Allow format change - Core 3/5, low, Real time - Clock res 15ms
XTweaks 52,10,1,0,1 - Boost at xxhighend startup - SFS 10.19/10.19 SC - Incl garbage - Copy to xx - Always clear proxy - Use remote desktop
Use touch facility - Stop desktop/remaining/wasapi services - Keep LAN - Use remote desktop - OSD text - Show as wallpaper - Q1,3,4,5,xQ1;14,1,1,1,10
Prosessor set to 20 cores - Driver 1.04; USB buffer 16ms
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: