XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 26, 2024, 07:29:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tidal  (Read 8049 times)
Tore
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« on: November 13, 2015, 12:00:00 pm »

If SQ is close to Peter`s standard i think Tidal will be Fantastic news

Tore

Phasure Mach III, 12/24 core (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=0.69 max=140,19 /XTweaks = 35, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 ->  Blaxius^2.5 , Crazy A monoblocs, Avantgarde Duo Omega
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 01:51:00 pm »

Hi Tore and all,

You will soon be able to judge for yourself;
SQ from XXHighEnd's point of view is "untouched" when compared to the albums you normally play. Just zero difference - you will see.

The big problem with Tidal though, is that it is full of sh*t to begin with. You will see that once you use the normal XXHighEnd functions to search Tidal (Tidal can not do what XXHighEnd can regarding this) and how you are often quite unable to pick the goodies from the baddies. Example which may make this clear :

Suppose you have a random artist and he/she produced 1 genuine album per year on average. Say from of 1980. That would be 35 albums. This is what you will generally notice :

The Artist does not have 35 albums in Tidal, but 60 (I assume that all the 35 are in there to begin with). The last 25 are all from 2014 or 2015. WTF ? yes. With experience you can learn that they are fake because they carry Coverart you see more often. Someone added that.

What you will also notice is that Tidal is very keen on Remasters. The opposite of me ...
This means that Originals are hardly there and that the Remasters are your only option. And if you are like me they sound BAD. Thus :

If SQ is close to Peter`s standard i think Tidal will be Fantastic news

... I sadly need to say it is the opposite and this is because of the material Tidal chooses to use.

Almost psychological is that other problem (of 25 albums more than you like to see);
Try to invision that I really had to make some intermediate storage for resulting albums (from a search) because you don't want them to appear in your normal list of albums (hard to understand this at this moment, so this requires XXHighEnd 2.03 to see what I really mean). Point is : also with experience, you most often can not tell what the album comprised of untill you see its contents. Envision :

I search for the albums of Artist A. Within a second or two 20 albums of Artist A appear in my Library Area (that's how it nicely works). Now I want to "prepare" them for playback and later I will play them. Mind you, in this stage I'm not only looking for Artist A, but also B and C and D etc. I am NOT doing this during "play time" itself because then I do other things, like listening. So I only prepare.
And that is the problem, because after this preparation 17 of 20 albums appear to be Remixes, singles, EP's and all sorts of sh*t you would never ever run into yourself anywhere (let alone that you buy it). Point here also is : formally you can avoid EP's and singles, but mainly the EP's you'll get anyway in practice. A lot of things don't work well ...
Solution : XXHighEnd should avoid albums if the total running time is 20 minutes (or so) only. That sort of trickery is really required (but not developed yet).

One last example of annoyance :
Amongst the 20 albums of Artist A are 3 EP's, as appears later. First off, the tracks on them all come from other albums you already own (but you don't know all the track titles by heart, so you only learn that when you them and then it is sort of too late (you are annoyed). But then this is the contents of those 3 EP's :

EP1 :
01. New moon
02. Sunrise
03. Star treck

EP2 :
01. Sunrise
02. Star Treck
03. New Moon

EP3 :
01. Star Treck
02. Global division
03. New moon

Really so !!
And these are not the so-called Playlists people (like we ourselves) can provide.

Until I made something for this myself (for better selection) it can make you crazy and give up in advance.

Here ... this is what I looked for myself this morning (see below pictures) ... I searched for Tripswitch ...

Either of the first two look suspicious because the name is the same. The first one is named in full "Circuit Breaker Rewired". Yes, that kind of names look VERY suspicious (for aftermath EP's). Sadly that one is from 2007 and the other one with normal tite "Citcuit Breaker" is from 2012. Now, in my view, with either there's something wrong (but I don't know yet because I didn't look into them).

The third one named "Works" ... no need to look into that. Its a fake (of some kind). They are most often named "Works" and Works II etc. So, useless.

Next up is Collider Remixed. bye

Then two of whom I'd say "hey, that could be useful !".
Look at the second picture below for the contents of Stereogram. Bweh.
Ok, then Bones ... ... I did not make a screenshot because it only contains one track of 7 minutes - Bones.

The last one announces itself as single, but even if it did not, I recognize the picture because it is used more often for fakes (so what I'm saying is that someone there creates these to fill up the catalogue).

Conclusion :
While this Artist certainly produces normal Albums, I found no-one. Only rubbish. But for fun also look here :
http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/tripswitch
The ONLY ONE from Tidal's list which should be a norma Album (I did not look yet) is Circuit Breaker (the second with the green leaf). Sadly, that one is denoted as to be from 2012 while in practice it is from 2005 (see link).

Now you learned a little bit of the problem of Tidal and SQ ... You can not "select" it.

Peter

* Tidal03.png (91.9 KB, 587x512 - viewed 657 times.)

* Tidal04.png (82.58 KB, 792x461 - viewed 611 times.)

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Tore
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 06:32:33 pm »

Tidal has 25 million tracks (Spotify 30 million) so you will find many OK albums to smile

Tore

Phasure Mach III, 12/24 core (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=0.69 max=140,19 /XTweaks = 35, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 ->  Blaxius^2.5 , Crazy A monoblocs, Avantgarde Duo Omega
Tore
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 10:21:31 am »

Tidal and XX 2.03 is installed, waiting for Peters "how to use" guide    smile

Tore

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 11:19:10 am »

Was typing on that yesterday but not finished yet.
Should be tomorrow.

Regards,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 11:46:57 am »

Tidal Tutorial is up.

Tidal - Description
Tidal - How to use

Enjoy !
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: