XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 06:37:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing RDC connection for no good reason...  (Read 15618 times)
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 04, 2016, 07:27:23 pm »

... that is, I have no idea why this happens.

Since last week I have updated my Music PC with a clean Windows 10856.0 and a fresh XX 2.04a installation.

Besides common installation quirks I always encounter with such an upgrade/update it appeared to work like a charme except for one annoying situation and that is losing my RDC connection with the Music PC... the only way to get that back is to turn the PC off (luckily I can do that by pushing the on/off button) and pushed again to start booting.

Tried everything (as far as I can tell) but stil I am losing this connection from time to time without getting any clue what could cause this...

Luckily I do not have OS-RAM which then would take ages to reboot... it takes me now less than 10 seconds to have things up and running again but still, I just hate the need and to walk to the PC for the reboot once in a while.

Anybody else having a similar problem or is it just me getting frustrated here? It looks like the PC is going into Hibernate but it can't or going to sleep which it can't either because all power saving settings are not activated...

Any suggestions?

Bert

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

XX settings basically similar to PeterSt's
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 08:09:33 pm »

Hi Bert,

No suggestion. But I encounter similar issues with RDC directly to Audio-PC and running unattended.
At first it goes okay, services stopping and after that music starts. But after starting a couple of different tracks from different cd's the music starts before last 'services stopped' dialog is gone. And from there RDC connection is gone. But after the music is stopped, end of the track, RDC comes up again. So restart is not needed. But from then every unattended run will end up in a lost connection. Only restart of audio-PC will help, for a short time. Not sure if this is similar. But it is frustrating.

Regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:26:59 pm »

I have had this problem recently and in my case it seemed to be related to the date.

Since I only intend to use Win 10 build 10586.0 from the os-ram drive, I have ajusted the date to be the same as my server and this hasn't occured since.

I must add that I rarely play more than just a few songs at a time in unattended mode. Sometimes it is a mix of things that triggers these situations, but on the other hand, maybe nothing of this is related...

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 09:00:11 am »

Hi,

After it happening x times to me, I let the monitor and keyboard + mouse connected of the Audio PC and saw that the PC itself is "dead", so to speak. So you can't do anything with it, like logging in. All you can do is reboot.
Frustrating indeed.

I can't tell whether the PC stops responding and therefore the RDC connection is lost as well, or that it is RDC causing troubles for the PC which for that reason stops working well. Fact is that always the music keeps on playing, but that happened more often in the past years (nothing works but music keeps on playing).

Because of the so quite many times it happend, I had numerous possibilities to attack it and/or sort out what could help (also by means of XXHighEnd adjustments). But nothing helped.
Until ...
Until the problem went away for me. So at this moment I am 3 weeks free of it. And I have no idea why. Or maybe I do and this is quite helpless :

At some stage I rebooted the tablet (this is continuously on) and I recall that this did not help (but not sure whether I had the situation happening again right after that). This, with the notice that I always have everything on (no PC is shut off anywhere a any time for bed time etc. reasons). Then I started to have troubles with the music server and I rebooted that. And exactly since then it never occurred any more.
But probably I did more things at the same time because it made me quite crazy.

I had the problem always with the RAM-OS, as I never played differently (for the past 6 months).

I am pretty confident that it only happens with 10586(.0).

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 09:05:39 am »

But after starting a couple of different tracks from different cd's the music starts before last 'services stopped' dialog is gone. And from there RDC connection is gone.

Arjan, that looks a bit like Windows Defender running ?
... after thinking a bit ... no ... It is just that the screen is not updated anymore because the connection is lost already. I recall I had that the same.
Still an important data point !

Regards,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 03:54:46 pm »

I have had this problem recently and in my case it seemed to be related to the date.

Perhaps too soon but since I have set the date on the music PC one day back it did not happen again. Windows 10074 was always reset to someday last year after each reboot which was the only difference I could figure out.

Perhaps the time on the music PC was one minute ahead or at least not the exact date as the main PC controlling the music through RDC..

If it kicks out again then I'll be back with a notification that I am still searching...  innocent
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:21:47 pm by BertD » Logged

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 02:02:33 pm »

I was just kicked out again so changing the date did not help... took a long time though and for the first time playing (probably unrelated) unattended again.

Still playing and no way to shut it down remotely...  unhappy

Bert

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 02:44:53 pm »

Bert,

I am sure it doesn't help as I tested it before and then it did not help, but will all the combinations of (unknown) things ... my situation for the past weeks is that I don't shut down the LAN while playing. Also I leave W10 Services On.
I did not (need to) reboot my Audio PC since the day the RAM-OS Disks went out. So 3 weeks or so now.

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 07:36:42 pm »

Also I leave W10 Services On

That's different... turned them ON too and see what happens or not!  Happy

Bert

dsm
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 02:40:40 pm »

I've just switched over to using the RDC connection and had the Audio PC freeze up with a black screen after the connection was lost. Only the hard reboot gets everything back up and running.

I am not having troubles today and am keeping a tablet on and connected full time but I  had a couple of questions about using RDC.-

Is it possible to play music unattended, (minimized) from the tablet and log off once the music starts  and log back on once it stops playing? If so, is it also okay to log off from the tablet and log back on with another device once the music stops?

Thanks,

David

boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 02:55:28 pm »

Hi David, it's been my experience that if you loose your RDC Connection (log off) while music is playing you cannot reconnect once the music stops and you have to do a hard reboot. I use a laptop as my control pc and was able to solve my problem of occasional loss of RDC connection by going into my firewall software and adding my audio pc as a trusted device.

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 05:52:27 pm »

David,

My chain is this :

Tablet -> Music Server PC -> Audio PC.

I can disconnect the tablet at any time I want and reconnect it (or reconnect with something else) because the Music Server PC is just that, and does not play the audio. It is in normal OS etc. ... all normal.

Hope this helps,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 12:15:37 am »

Yes, I do things the same way as Peter, that is RDC from the iPad to the MusicServer and the MusicServer in turn RDC's to the AudioPC.  It works beautifully with no dropouts or problems.  Occasionally the iPad RDC has an issue if I am off doing something else on the iPad and all I have to do is restart the RDC app on the tablet and it connects straight away to the MusicServer (which is always still RDC connected to the AudioPC).

I run the MusicServer completely headless and without a video card and even do XXHE upgrades sans the mouse, keyboard and video card (or monitor).

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

XXHighEnd 2.11 RAM-OS (W14393 RAM)
Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 09:11:21 am »

Anthony,

I run the MusicServer completely headless

Are you sure ?
You did not mean to say "Audio PC" ?

Not that it matters really, but you are implying that you do all the maintenance on the Music Server PC via the tablet. Can be done, but ...
?

Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 11:20:48 am »

Yes, all the maintenance on the MusicServer is done via the iPad and RDC.  It seems to work really well...no real problems at all.

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

XXHighEnd 2.11 RAM-OS (W14393 RAM)
Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: