XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 10:29:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Geri Allen  (Read 5487 times)
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2016, 09:42:17 pm »

I would be interested to know if anyone out there in "XX" land knows Geri Allen ?

I have many of her albums and went to see her again last Saturday as part of the London Jazz festival. Another great evening with David Murray (awesome sax in the mould of Ornette Coleman) and Terri Lyn Carrington (drums) a long time collaborator of Geri Allen.

So Geri Allen is one of the greatest living jazz musicians. Her piano playing is up their with the very greatest of Jazz musicians alive or dead. IMHO that is of course. She is well known in the US but not many seem to know her this side of the Atlantic.

So do you any of you know her?  if you don't and you are into the highest quality of Jazz then you need to investigate again IMHO.

Cheers

Paul

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
jhmvl
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 11:18:49 pm »

I know her and have many of her records.

Hans
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 02:17:16 pm »

I know her and have many of her records.

You are obviously a man of excellent good taste Hans !!!!

Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
jhmvl
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 08:10:00 am »

Yes, well, I agree the XX crowd seems to mainly discuss older non-jazz and non classical music (although I remember Manni talking about listening to classical music). I agree that it would be nice to have more feedback on Jazz and good classical recordings. Especially the classical recordings, would be good to share info on exceptional recordings since there are so many bad recordings out there when it comes to classical music. Usually the good recordings seem to be not very interesting from a musical standpoint whereas musically interesting recordings are often old or just plain bad.

Hans
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: