XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 01:57:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Joy of Galleries  (Read 7170 times)
briefremarks
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2018, 03:05:58 am »

I have been meaning to start using Galleries, and only just came around to setting them up.  First, galleries are very easy to setup, almost easier than the documentation makes it appear!!

I have a question on how people organize the relationship between galleries and music library folders.  To give an example, I have jazz organized under music library folders as follows: Jazz/D/Dave Brubeck/Dave Brubeck-Time Out.

The mapping to a gallery called Jazz 100 (to keep reference to albums in the list 100 Jazz Albums that Shook the World) ends up as: Jazz 100/Dave Brubeck/Dave Brubeck-Time Out.

Additional Dave Brubeck albums will be under Jazz 100/Dave Brubeck.  This works better for me than having just one level so multiple albums by one band/performer (Coltrane for example) end up under John Coltrane.

Curious how others manage categorizing music libraries and galleries.

By the way, this is a truly amazing feature of XXHE that I was much TOO LATE to adopt.  I might end up reorganizing my music libraries with galleries in mind.

Thanks for this feature Peter!  I'm sure others have discovered this much earlier than I did.

Ramesh

Audio PC: Stealth III PC; RAM-OS W10 14393.0. 
XXHE version 2.11.
Music Server: XXHE PC, RDC to Audio PC, ET^3 cable
XXHE settings: Q1/xQ1 14/x4, Q3/4/5 0/0/1, SFS 10.13 (Max 120), Clock Res 10ms, Core Scheme:3-5, Driver Buffer 16ms, Balanced Load 35, Nervous Rate 10.
Audio PC -> Lush^3 USB (A: WYRG; B: WG-> NOS1(a,75B, G3) -> Blaxius^2.5 (A:BG, B: BG) -> Orelo Mk II active speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 03:08:23 pm »

Hi Remesh,

Even if I read it a 100 times, I can't follow. Can you try in Dutch ?
Happy

I think it doesn't even matter, because Galleries are there a. to store one album from more angles and b. to always find back the album or artist from whatever angle, if you'd only know about the Search facility. Example (see first screenshot below); What's all in there ?

First off, see the Search Term at the bottom. This starts with a back slash (\) so I'm assured that this is an entry which starts with that Artist Name (it may make a difference when the Artist Name is in the middle).

At the bottom you see the C:\Galleries\ (which is not my OS disk, plus it is a fast SSD, especially there to be fast for the Gallery lookups).
Crucial is that all the Galleries I make, I make under one root : \Galleries\. Now all I have can be found under there, assumed that each and every album is put into at least one Gallery.

Then, you see in the first album a "Peter's Latest" entry. This is from a real PF album, "Watch the world up The Wall". But, we can already see "an" angle - my latest (at some moment in time). Similarly I now use a "Listen" Gallery. In there I put albums I run into by accident, and which I want to listen to sooner or later. When done, I remove it from there. And, might I really use the Peter's Latest (for the latest obtainments) then I'd remove it from there when I listened to it a first time.

Next you will notice that most are from the band members - not PF itself. But, I put them in a "Pink Floyd" Gallery so I have a complete collection of what all the members ever created (if I possess it of course).

Now for the crux, look at the second screenshot.
Look again what I entered in the Search Field with for this screenshot my emphasis to the "&amused" which selects Roger Waters and Amused (to Death). But it is not rally about that. You now see *and* my obtaining from the different angles in as well

\Rock\
\Rock-Sortout\
\Rock\Pink Floyd\

... which is about your Jazz 100. Btw also notice the 3 white WAV vs the two brown FLAC. But this is actually unrelated.
So ... what you now see additionally is the obtainment in \Nice Stuff\ as well as \Demo\, which both are derivatives from the version in (the WAV) \Rock\.

Remember, this is always looking in the main \Galleries\ Gallery. Never the original source. However, searching in a main (root etc.) folder in there would work just the same, but obviously from one at the time angle only, and not as fast (because it is obtained from the original source disk (which contains all the real data and is more slow)).

At the bottom a two screenshot bonus which is similar to your Jazz 100. The first shows a collection of the MP3 top 1000 and in the last screenshot for fun I tried whether there's a Pink Floyd in there. There is one.

Regards,
Peter

* PinkFloyd01.png (628.11 KB, 913x879 - viewed 810 times.)

* PinkFloyd02.png (175.43 KB, 963x476 - viewed 770 times.)

* PinkFloyd03.png (546.28 KB, 902x563 - viewed 764 times.)

* PinkFloyd04.png (50.64 KB, 291x446 - viewed 732 times.)

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Stanray
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 01:43:00 pm »

I'm finally convinced I should be using Galleries and now have the time and peace of mind to create them  Cool .

But where can I locate these best? On the spinning disk on the MusicServer PC (too slow?) or somewhere on the Base Boot of the RAM OS Disk on the and use them from memory?

Or or?

Thanks.

Stanley

AudioPC: Passive Intel i7-2600S / Hyperthreading On / Motherboard: Asus P8H67-V/ RAM: Kingston DDR3 32GB/ Motherboard USB3.0 to NOS1a / PSU: Silentmaxx Fanless II/ no computer cabinet and no fans (NoFan 80 EH passive CPU cooler) / Music via LAN on SSD on MusicServerPC (desktop computer-W10)/ All music in WAV /Control on desktop computer or on Macbook Air <-> Wifi <-> separate (audio)router <-> LAN <-> MusicServerPC <-> LAN <-> AudioPC.

September 2021: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM/ XXHE 2.11 / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/1 / Q1Factor = 4/ Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 10ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 10.13 (max 10,13)/ No Filter/ not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Peak Extend Off /Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback/ UnAttended / All Services Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : 62, 1, -, 1, 1/ Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / Custom Filtering Low (16x) / -> Lush^3 USB-cable 70cm (A: W-Y-R-G, B: W-G) > Phasure NOS1a 75B G3 DAC, Driver v1.0.4) (16ms)/ Output via Balanced Blaxius BNC Interlinks > Audio Analogue Maestro monoblock amplifier > speakers: Apogee Acoustics Scintilla (custom rebuild).
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 05:43:58 pm »

Hi Stanley,

I assume you have a Music Server PC. Next to that you have an Audio PC. Right ?
Then in the Music Server PC assemble an SSD and the most important is its read speed (but 500MB/s is sufficient). Just a 3.5" thingy. On that put the Galleries.

If you give that the e.g. Z: drive letter on the Music Server PC and you do the same on the Audio PC (which uses that volume as a share), then you have all nice and neat and it will be 10 times faster than an internal HDD used on the Music Server PC and from the Music Server PC. IOW, all has been set up such that this is blazingly fast over the network (and the Music Server PC itself accesses it even faster).

Clear a little ?

Best regards,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Stanray
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 09:17:59 pm »

Very clear!

Thank you Peter.

AudioPC: Passive Intel i7-2600S / Hyperthreading On / Motherboard: Asus P8H67-V/ RAM: Kingston DDR3 32GB/ Motherboard USB3.0 to NOS1a / PSU: Silentmaxx Fanless II/ no computer cabinet and no fans (NoFan 80 EH passive CPU cooler) / Music via LAN on SSD on MusicServerPC (desktop computer-W10)/ All music in WAV /Control on desktop computer or on Macbook Air <-> Wifi <-> separate (audio)router <-> LAN <-> MusicServerPC <-> LAN <-> AudioPC.

September 2021: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM/ XXHE 2.11 / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/1 / Q1Factor = 4/ Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 10ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 10.13 (max 10,13)/ No Filter/ not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Peak Extend Off /Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback/ UnAttended / All Services Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : 62, 1, -, 1, 1/ Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / Custom Filtering Low (16x) / -> Lush^3 USB-cable 70cm (A: W-Y-R-G, B: W-G) > Phasure NOS1a 75B G3 DAC, Driver v1.0.4) (16ms)/ Output via Balanced Blaxius BNC Interlinks > Audio Analogue Maestro monoblock amplifier > speakers: Apogee Acoustics Scintilla (custom rebuild).
arvind
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 09:46:04 am »

Hi Peter,

Would a 500GB SSD be sufficient?

Best regards,

Arvind

W10-14393.0 RAM OS / Mach III LPS 14/28/XXHE 2.11/Engine#4/Adaptive Mode/16x /Custom Filter/Q1= 14/0/0/0 xQ1=1/Device Buffer:4096/Invert Phase=On/Minimise OS/PE=off/Unattended/Stop All Services/SFS=20.69/20.69(max)/ClockRes= 15ms/Straight Contiguous/Music on HDD/Lush^3 USB cable A:W-Y-R-G; B:W-Y-R/Phasure NOS 1a/75b/G3 USB DAC. > Blaxius*^2.5 A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink. Orelo MK II active speakers. ET^3 between Mach III & music server. Driver version 1.04/Driver Buffer 16ms. OSD text = Off
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 11:06:40 am »

Hi Arvind,

I use a 180GB SSD. The Galleries of more than 50,000 albums are on it (I think 50GB free). So ...

Best regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: