XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 24, 2024, 11:15:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is XX better than vinyl ? (split from This is true)  (Read 8485 times)
Chris V
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2007, 12:24:09 am »

Hi Gerner and others

Expanding on the virtues of XX digital replay, there is one question I have not seen asked yet.

How does the best of XX compare to the best of analogue. Is XX just approaching the best vinyl replay or has it long surpassed it?

Cheers Chris

Music on external hard drive with own power supply. Brains of the system is a Raspberry Pi running Moode Audio. The RPI has dedicated Longdog audio linear power supply.
Signal passes first to SW1X Signature USB to SPDIF  converter
Then to SW1X Signature DAC
Then to Stevens and Billington TVC
Then to modified vintage triode amplifier
Then to open baffle speakers with vintage alnico drivers. Grundig tweeter, Saba Greencone midrange, Altec 416 VOTT base.
Everything is silver wired including mains and speaker cables
Gerner
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 12:38:21 am »

Hi Gerner and others

Expanding on the virtues of XX digital replay, there is one question I have not seen asked yet.

How does the best of XX compare to the best of analogue. Is XX just approaching the best vinyl replay or has it long surpassed it?

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris

Hmm...I left my 700 vinyl records behind me. But during the development which took place here I resume just by brain maths...: Vinyl meant all to me long time ago. Now having lived with the digi world for years with no peace in mind, I just may conclude: THIS IS BETTER, BUT DIFFERENT.

This is "vinyl" digged out and not carrying the vinyl significant set off's.

But if you are able to, as I'm not, to compare...answer your own question. Is it better?

I can tell you from my side: I didn't have those thrills since vinyl dominated my listening space. And there are definately some +++ comming along the digi replay as shown by the XX.

Others?

Gerner

Vista-Ultimate PC  -> XX version very old  -> USB -> CrazyT..soon NOS1
Troubleless playback.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: