XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 24, 2024, 10:00:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bad thing happend with Vista-HDD using XXhighend!?  (Read 6393 times)
hybride
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« on: August 02, 2008, 03:13:44 pm »

Yesterday i'll played with XX again since a some time not using it.
Started XX as administrator and loaded a .wav file.
Pressed play, nothing happened; XX, Vista both locked up completely.
Restarted the PC; NO BOOT!

Now after a night of panic en repairing the final conclusion is that the data on the hdd is still correct, but the harddisk is unbootable. Tried to repair it with setup cd, but it reports: disk unrepairable.
hmm.. Is this caused by XX or a stupid occasional?? I am using the HTPC nearly every day, never have problems.

Asus-VM-htpc&1TB>EMU1212M>Stello 220MKII DAC>UCD180HXR>Focal1037BE
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:20:51 pm »

I really can't think of a reason XX causing this. Never heard of such a thing either !

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
hybride
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 10:16:29 pm »

In the end only bad luck with xx, in any way. First blew up my tweeters with random data, now this... Ok, it's not alone all about the x-code, but i have not a good feeling about it, like Dogber early mentioned. Sorry Peter.

In the meantime i played alot (the most) with XMplay in WASAPI mode. This player has a amplification slider, very usefull for late night listening. For me xx brings not anything extra's at the moment. Sound is not better, only a bit different than other players in my honest opinion. For the 70 bucks i donated i hope Peterst can suprise me with future versions. For this moment i am finished with xx. Sorry again.

Asus-VM-htpc&1TB>EMU1212M>Stello 220MKII DAC>UCD180HXR>Focal1037BE
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 07:51:47 am »

Ah, no hard feelings. Just a little sad. And yes, you have been very unlucky.

I have been thinking ...
You'll remember that back then (the time of your tweeters) Dogber admitted that his drivers didn't do something right (must have been this topic). I don't know whether you still use his driver, but now look at this :

Vista acts strange regarding the change of Exclusive Mode. You can check this yourself a little by unticking those two checkboxes in the Advanced tab of the device properties. ... from here on, the device will be always in use until you perform a reboot. Now :

XMPlay also acts strange regarding Exclusive Mode, and it can play in Shared Mode even if you don't want it (ask for it). E.g. my FireFace can play in Shared Mode only (XMPlay).

Then, XX acts strange regarding Exclusive Mode, because it *cannot* play in Shared Mode (anymore).

These both latter could be enough to let Vista choke at forcing it into a mode it officially can't (but which is wrong, see the checkbox test). If I sneakily add to that a driver which is not 100% following Vista's rules (and again, if you still use Dogber's driver that certainly won't do that for its good cause), we're all asking for trouble. I'd say, read that topic I just referred to, and you'll know what I mean, and how easy it is to blame a player (which would be both XX and XMPlay at that time).

So it is the combination, and no occasional coincidence. In your no-boot case, I bet that the status XMPlay left the whole WASAPI thing in, didn't match what XX makes of it, with Vista in between being wrong in the first place. Again, this is sufficient to not call it a coincidence.
That the system can get into a state of not wanting to boot anymore, is kind of logic to me, although I would never be able to explain it (I just don't know enough about it). I once followed a trojan being active, and how the OS fights against that. You really won't believe what all happens when the OS misses something (senses that it can't do something), and what it is going to install, uninstall, activate, deactivate, in order to recover. Thousands of happenings (and the trojan wins) which can go wrong by themselves, and if then the system dies, it can well be in a state of not being able to reboot.

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: