XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 09:36:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Volume Control(s)  (Read 5443 times)
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 17, 2008, 01:11:04 am »

One of the reasons for the new computer system is to be able to use XXHE volume control without loss of anything.  My "preamp" is also my xover for the speakers, so every time I wanted to change volume I had to adjust 4 volume controls... so having XXHE do the volume with one control has been very convenient.  But the 6db step up or down is proving to be a bit extreme in volume.  Some of the time I can make it work well for my ears, but some of the time I'm also ending up going back to the xover... picky? anyway

My question is can volume be made to be finer gradients? WITHOUT sacrificing the bits/perfect?  I think I remember reading at some point that you've done what you could without wreaking the music ... so, oh well.  But if possible, can we get smaller jumps in volume?  I don't know how we can strive for XXHE xover control in the future if there are going to be such large gradations in volume jumps ... simply will not be able to get the high & lows to mesh.

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: