XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 09:29:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting AutoHotkey  (Read 23424 times)
Eric
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2009, 09:47:05 pm »

Peter,
sometimes I forget to first start AutoHotkey before I play unattended.
Is there a simple way to start AutoHotkey automatically, e.g. when Windows is started?
Are there any disadvantages to do it automatically?
Cheers,
Eric.

3.2GHz CPU, 8GB RAM, XXHE 1.186a, W7x64 SP1 Ultimate on 2.5" 10Krpm SATAII spinning disk, 8GB RAM / KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0 / #4 Engine / Adaptive / Buffer 4096 / ClockRes 1ms/ Stop All Services / Monitor Off / SFS = 0.4 / not Invert / No XTweaks / Playback Drive = External USB3 (USB powered) HDD / Unattended/ Minimize OS / Peak Ext / ArcPredict / PA- / Q1,-,3,4,5=14,-,0,0,0
Control Panel: Sample Rate: 352.800kHz/ USB Buffer Size: 8ms
Amps: BD-Design bridged Gainclones
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 08:44:09 am »

Peter,
Is there a simple way to start AutoHotkey automatically, e.g. when Windows is started?
Cheers,
Eric.

Hi Eric,

If I read between the lines here, it seems you are unaware, or may have forgotten, of the unique function of the 'Startup' folder within 'All Programs' that is displayed when you click on the START button ( bottom LHS ).

Any programs residing in the 'Startup' folder will get loaded automatically when Windows boots.

I will assume you already have a shortcut on your desktop to AutoHotkey.

Navigate to that 'Startup' menu (via the START) button, and highlight it, then click on the right mouse button to bring up a context menu, and choose the 'Open' option. A small explorer window should open showing you the contents of that 'Startup' folder.

If you now drag (using the RIGHT mouse button) the AutoHotkey shortcut (on your desktop), and DROP it into the right panel of the explorer window you just opened up, you will be presented with an option to 'Copy here'.

If you do that, then go and recheck the contents of the 'Startup' folder, you should now see the presence of AutoHotkey there.

Next time you boot Windows, Autohotkey should automatically load for you.

You might also want to look here ... http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=753.msg6655#msg6655

In a similar manner you could also autoload XXHE this way should you wish.

Cheers,

Russ

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
Eric
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 06:47:16 pm »

Thanks,
I got it working.
Over time, my Windows skills are getting better this way. Just need to spend more time on it  unhappy (instead of enjoying music)Cheers,
Eric.

3.2GHz CPU, 8GB RAM, XXHE 1.186a, W7x64 SP1 Ultimate on 2.5" 10Krpm SATAII spinning disk, 8GB RAM / KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0 / #4 Engine / Adaptive / Buffer 4096 / ClockRes 1ms/ Stop All Services / Monitor Off / SFS = 0.4 / not Invert / No XTweaks / Playback Drive = External USB3 (USB powered) HDD / Unattended/ Minimize OS / Peak Ext / ArcPredict / PA- / Q1,-,3,4,5=14,-,0,0,0
Control Panel: Sample Rate: 352.800kHz/ USB Buffer Size: 8ms
Amps: BD-Design bridged Gainclones
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 04:39:11 am »

Peter,
Cheers,
Eric.

Hi Eric,

If I read between the lines here, it seems you are unaware, or may have forgotten, of the unique function of the 'Startup' folder within 'All Programs' that is displayed when you click on the START button ( bottom LHS ).

Any programs residing in the 'Startup' folder will get loaded automatically when Windows boots.

I will assume you already have a shortcut on your desktop to AutoHotkey.

Navigate to that 'Startup' menu (via the START) button, and highlight it, then click on the right mouse button to bring up a context menu, and choose the 'Open' option. A small explorer window should open showing you the contents of that 'Startup' folder.

If you now drag (using the RIGHT mouse button) the AutoHotkey shortcut (on your desktop), and DROP it into the right panel of the explorer window you just opened up, you will be presented with an option to 'Copy here'.

If you do that, then go and recheck the contents of the 'Startup' folder, you should now see the presence of AutoHotkey there.

Next time you boot Windows, Autohotkey should automatically load for you.

You might also want to look here ... http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=753.msg6655#msg6655

In a similar manner you could also autoload XXHE this way should you wish.

Cheers,

Russ

I would've done this sooner, but somehow I got the idea into my head that I had to start XXHE first and then start autohotkey... well, wudayano, you don't.  So, thanks for the clue ... now along with telling us how to take out that autohotkey dialog box at its startup and adding this to startup... I don't have to think of autohotkey at all.  Thanks Russ.

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 11:04:26 am »

Happy to help guys Happy

If I was an astute dotnet programmer I could do something real clever like ... oh ... maybe check for the existence of AutoHotkey running before I started up a particularly fine example of a program that converted 1's and 0's into musical bliss, and if AHK wasn't running , start it up for you. But then I'm not a clever programmer!

I wonder if there is one of those lurking around here somewhere  Grin

Cheers,

Russ

Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 12:00:04 pm »

Yeah, that fine dot-net programmer would then always start AutoHotkey especially for those who do not want it, or give a message instead for always and ever that it's not running.

swoon

yea yea, okok. Happy

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 12:49:38 pm »

'twas just an idea Peter. If it proves too difficult to implement or you find some logical reasoning to chuck the idea in the reject bin, then feel free to do so .. haha

I've been flipping between 0.9y-2a and 0.9y-3 in the last couple of hours doing comparisons, and I've been trying to figure out an easy way to make sure I always had the right 'pathing' defined within AHK for the version of XXHE I was using. I ended up simply closing and restarting AHK in between version swaps each time. A little tedious but effective.

Cheers,

RGB

====================
arvind
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 04:02:38 pm »

Hi Peter,

I followed the instructions for installing Autohotkey however when I click on the desktop shortcut I get the following message:
"The drive or network connection the Autohotkey shortcut refers to is not available......"

What could be the reason for this?

Arvind

W10-14393.0 RAM OS / Mach III LPS 14/28/XXHE 2.11/Engine#4/Adaptive Mode/16x /Custom Filter/Q1= 14/0/0/0 xQ1=1/Device Buffer:4096/Invert Phase=On/Minimise OS/PE=off/Unattended/Stop All Services/SFS=20.69/20.69(max)/ClockRes= 15ms/Straight Contiguous/Music on HDD/Lush^3 USB cable A:W-Y-R-G; B:W-Y-R/Phasure NOS 1a/75b/G3 USB DAC. > Blaxius*^2.5 A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink. Orelo MK II active speakers. ET^3 between Mach III & music server. Driver version 1.04/Driver Buffer 16ms. OSD text = Off
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 05:31:48 pm »

Hi Arvind - I guess this is about the Desktop Icon not referring to the proper .ahk file, and instead it may refer to some default file (which may exist but refers to data not being on your PC).

You should have something like you see below, where c:\psplayer4\ is my current XX folder, and the .ahk file is stored in there too.
In my case Autohotky itself is stored in D\AutoHK (as it seems, but in reality this is c:\FromD\AutoHK and the left part is cut off).

Let me know if this doesn't help.
Peter

* AutoHotkey02.png (20.21 KB, 357x210 - viewed 794 times.)

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
arvind
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 09:22:31 am »

Hi Peter,

Let me start from the beginning:
I have created a folder C:\xxHighend\0.9y-3 where I have extracted all the files from the zip.
In this there are 2 files Auto Hotkey & Auto Hotkey-shortcut.
I copied the file Auto Hotkey & pasted it another folder C:\Auto Hotkey
With the other file (Auto Hotkey -shortcut), I moved this to the desktop.
Now when I click on the shortcut icon on the desktop, I get the msg mentioned in my earlier message.

Arvind

W10-14393.0 RAM OS / Mach III LPS 14/28/XXHE 2.11/Engine#4/Adaptive Mode/16x /Custom Filter/Q1= 14/0/0/0 xQ1=1/Device Buffer:4096/Invert Phase=On/Minimise OS/PE=off/Unattended/Stop All Services/SFS=20.69/20.69(max)/ClockRes= 15ms/Straight Contiguous/Music on HDD/Lush^3 USB cable A:W-Y-R-G; B:W-Y-R/Phasure NOS 1a/75b/G3 USB DAC. > Blaxius*^2.5 A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink. Orelo MK II active speakers. ET^3 between Mach III & music server. Driver version 1.04/Driver Buffer 16ms. OSD text = Off
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 12:09:17 pm »

I don't think that will work, because ... see below, which is that shortcut;
In the Target line you see that the XX.ahk file is taken from the C:\AutoHK\ folder which is implied for the install folder of AutoHotkey. So, whether it is exactly there or somewhere else (like your C:\Auto Hotkey\) the XX.ahk file must be in there too *or* the target line must reflect its location properly.

Since I don't hear you talk about that, it may be that what you have forgotten to do. So, locate the XX.ahk file (which will be in your current XX folder if you didn't move it to somewhere else) and point the second part of the Target line in the shortcut to it.

Peter

* AutoHotkey03.png (27.01 KB, 362x508 - viewed 778 times.)

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
arvind
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 12:22:36 pm »

Hi Peter,

This is exactly what I have; I forgot to mention that the XX.ahk file also exists in the c:\AutoHK folder. Now when I click on the Shortcut Icon I get the following message:
Header is XX.ahk
An older instance of this script is already running....

Arvind

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 01:07:57 pm »

Ah, that would be because you fiddled around a bit at trying, and AutoHotkey is just already running. IOW, it should be okay now. Btw, you can always answer Yes, which can't harm and which will load the XX.ahk.

Also, if you go to the small green icon in the Taskbar Tray, rightclick it, and choose "Reload this script", and then the message pops up which actually tells you whether your current XX folder indeed is what the message suggests. If it does that, this already indicates all is running properly, but also that message will have XX.ahk in its header if it is okay.

I hope it is not all too confusing ...

PS: Don' forget to restart AutoHotkey after a reboot (which can also be set to be performed automatically, but that is another matter -> Startup folder from the Start Button).

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
arvind
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 05:28:47 am »

Hi Peter,

Seems like I am almost there but some small thing is still missing. After rebooting I click on the Autohotkey-shortcut on the desktop & this creates the green H Icon in the taskbar tray. If I right click on this & select "reload the script" there is no pop up.

Presently while playing unattended I am unable to open XXHE, using the Hotkey, so it seems I am still missing something.

Arvind

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 08:27:23 am »

Hi Arvind,

Ok. Can you make a screenshot of your shortcut (like I did it before) ? from there I will be able to ask you "did you put file such and so here and there". Happy

Afterwards you may tell what you did "wrong" so I can try to make a good guide.
Sorry for your troubles.
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: