XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 09:46:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Activated the wrong PC ...  (Read 9520 times)
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 26, 2007, 04:49:10 pm »

2. On this other PC you can enter the path to the "original" PC and location (as described in here Activation ... How ?).

Peter, I activated XX on the wrong PC. After some trouble I managed to activate XX on the Music Center and that worked out okay until this morning. XX couldn't find the path anymore (the firewall was activated again) and prompted an error message telling me that. The only way to get it working is to unluck the firewall for a while and then start XX on the music center...

If this is the intention how the "protection" should work then please give me a new activation code so that I can activate it on my music center where I use XX the most and which PC is not so much protected from the outside world so I can access XX there more easy.

Bert

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

XX settings basically similar to PeterSt's
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 05:39:48 pm »

I can imagine your frustration Bert. But :

- Currently I really wouldn't know how to get you a new Code around the "paying method" if it's needed for another PC. So yes, I plan to be able to solve that, but since I can't be in 10 places at one time ...

- I don't understand your firewall situation.

You talk like you have a firewall right behind your (yeah, which ?) PC. IMHO a firewall should be behind a router (of which you most probably have one only) and not behind a PC. And yes, I know that all is not for nothing built in by B.G. into the PC's itself ... but as long as you know that I have not switched that on ... Not at all the PCs at work (we wouldn't even be able to work) and not at the PCs at home.
I don't want to put you to work with possible changes in this area (nor do I want to interfere whith how people organize themselves to this respect, but it would solve your problem kind of right away.

No matter what, I *will* come up with a means of regenerating a Code, but right now it's just not there ...  scare

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 07:23:47 pm »

The firewall is build-in my antivirus software and running on my work PC. There is always a way to access my PC from anywhere else even with the router's firewall activated. Even through browsing the Web... My work PC should remain clean to prevent that I am going to give my customers some free virusses, worms or trojans without me knowing that.

I made the firewall trigger a popup message as soon as the other PC wanted to access my work PC to see which door of the firewall I should keep open, now XX has access from the other PC.

This would be impossible when the "activated PC" is not connected to the network, now I must have both PC's running to be able to startup XX on my music center in UnDemo mode (or the other way around if XX was activated on my Music center).

Good to know that I do not have a demo soon elsewhere, I will have to bring both my PC's to be able to play a longer list than 10 minutes!

You will find a way though so that such things are not a problem anymore, perhaps it would be an idea to be able to transfer the activation form one PC to another one? That would solve the computer crash or windows update issue (from XP to Vista or so).

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 07:44:51 pm »

I think I understand what you say. And although this really is not necessary, I'll just "accept your ways", if I may say it so. I mean, you are this user, and just a showcase for it. So, no further discussion needed. Happy

But, I do hope that this all is not read as my fault, or the fault of the player. In the mean time I also don't say it is your fault, that is ... as long as you don't say it's mine; It is an accident, caused by you being willing to test out just this stuff, not taking the (or enough) time to find out how it works. Otoh, it still could happen to anyone, and for that, inheritantly, I'm to blame. blush1

Please remember this is not much different from installing random software, which IMHO (!) nobody tries to do on another PC than where it's used. And then OTOH again ... you were tricked by the fact that the license allows you to run the software on any PC in your network. This, while it's apparent (??) that the applicable PCs can't even talk to eachother ?

Well, done with this. I will find some means to solve it.
bye

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 08:02:06 pm »

Please remember this is not much different from installing random software, which IMHO (!) nobody tries to do on another PC than where it's used. And then OTOH again ... you were tricked by the fact that the license allows you to run the software on any PC in your network. This, while it's apparent (??) that the applicable PCs can't even talk to eachother ?

I am using it on both PC's as it is more easy and faster than RDP to "play" on my work PC in between work. I am sure that there are more people who listen on their other PC to select, rip CD's, check them out, listen a bit, make MP3's or for whatever reason which migth be more handy than doing this on a dedicated Music Center that is close to the audiosystem with a lousy (or none at all) chair to work properly. Perhaps the system isn't even turned on to be able to hear what you're doing.

But, as said, you'll find a solution for that and nobody is to blame for something that is not 100% foolproof...

Bert

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 07:47:26 am »

http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=110.0

I know it was already solved for you Bert, but this would do it too.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 09:45:01 am »

Thanks Peter,

Still useful as I can then run under XP too (on my dual boot PC) to be able to follow your progress under that OS...

Will give it a try...  Wink

Bert

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: