XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 12:02:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop remaining services - hangs PC!  (Read 9147 times)
ivo
Audio Enthusiast

Music lover

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:14:50 am »

Problem:

If I tick also "Stop remaining services" then my PC hangs with no playback. Pop-up tells to wait while services stop, but it lasts forever. Only hard reset helps. Stopping desktop services and LAN works ok. I am using W7 RC1.

Ivo

Music on internal HDD in FLAC-->LatestXX in QAP + PeakExt Mode[KS,Adaptive,2048,Q1=14,xQ1=1,Sch3,Low,Realtime,15 ms, SFS 2-400, Straight, stop all, MinOS]-->Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64bit-->Intel i5 based laptop [8 GB RAM]-->JKDAC32(HiFace based USB-I2S-DAC)-->Denon PMA-1500AE-->JBL E90 3-way speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:10:26 am »

Hi Ivo - see here : Problem with Unattended 0.9z4-1
It will give you the idea how to solve it. But in general : Click cancel after 3 minutes or so, and then look at the XX log file. You will see which one causes it (the one which has been killed by "you").

There have been passing one or two more topics about the same, and they were all about virus scanners causing it.

Let me know if you need further help, or which one it was otherwise.
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
ivo
Audio Enthusiast

Music lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:22:26 am »

OK, it starts killing me....

I read the topic you provided, tested 2 hours and still no sound just hangs.
I will not upload log now, but can say that I excluded 7 services from stopping and got '0 services could not stop' in the log, but still all just stops and nothing. Message (Waiting...) still looks at me and that is all. I ended up with 18 services still ON and 26 processes still ON. And yes, the XXHighEnd process was eating my CPU for 60% constantly after a little while after hitting PLAY.

Question: should I also exclude respective processes for those 7 services? It seems that not because antivirus stopped just by excluding service names. BTW, I did not notice 'Processes stopped' section in the log file.

I am running the latest XX code and music still both from RAMDISK.

Ivo (going to seep it is late here)

Music on internal HDD in FLAC-->LatestXX in QAP + PeakExt Mode[KS,Adaptive,2048,Q1=14,xQ1=1,Sch3,Low,Realtime,15 ms, SFS 2-400, Straight, stop all, MinOS]-->Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64bit-->Intel i5 based laptop [8 GB RAM]-->JKDAC32(HiFace based USB-I2S-DAC)-->Denon PMA-1500AE-->JBL E90 3-way speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 05:08:26 am »

I think it is possible that you don't understand the process completely ... Happy That is ...

but still all just stops and nothing

... this seems an irrelevant remark to me !
You should look for the killed service (or process) after clicking cancel. It will say something like "aborted" in the log file for the service/process concerned. Next, exclude that one (or cause the thing concerned not to start at all).

But why not do it the other way around ? The list in the log file is formed such that it can be copy-pasted in the Exclude list. So, when you start with all of them excluded it should work (but nothing is stopped). Now start to make groups to be "inactive" in the list (put an asterisk next to the name (but within the braces) so the name won't be found anymore). Take groups of 5 or so. Now, as soon as the lot starts to hang you will know which group of 5 does that to you. Remember that group (write down the 5 names), reboot (this is necessary now), activate those 5 again in the list (meaning, remove the asterisk) and continue with the next 5.
In the end you may have 3 groups with candidates for your problem. In that case this will need 15 reboots max to sort it out.

Btw, it can be done without reboots, but then you'd have to restart the services manually at a next atempt and this is not always an easy thing (more than 1 may be involved when 1 is stopped and maybe you don't know which one).

Always have Taskmanager running with the list of services sorted on Running/Stopped (running on top) - so you will be able to see what's happening;
You don't need to wait 3 minutes each time, because soon enough you will learn from the Taskmanager list when nothing happens anymore.

Hope this helps !
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
ivo
Audio Enthusiast

Music lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 11:12:50 pm »

Yes, it is clear to me what I must do. It is so that currently I have no time at all to finish this. Will get back later and then proceed. Thanks.

Ivo

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 11:28:28 pm »

When you have time again and are stuck, just call again. Don't get annoyed. We'll get it done !

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
ivo
Audio Enthusiast

Music lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 09:09:33 pm »

Hi Peter,

OK found time today. After series of reboots got it OK. Before was using XX with stopped desktop (39 proc and 40 services), but when stopped remaining then got 28 proc run and 18 services. Great! SQ improved. I am running know the latest code.

2 things:
 - when I was re-booting to find the guilty process, noticed that in first 2 reboots log file has know info about processes, only services. Once is OK with services, only then appears info on processes. And when all worked, log file contained info like how many processes stopped, etc. I thought maybe this info is needed from the very start, like with services.
 - LAN ON in my box does not bring back network. Used W7's net troubleshooter to get it ON. I have a wifi pci card.

Otherwise, great is XX. Thank you for your work.

Ivo

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 11:06:57 pm »

Hi Ivo,

Good you got it going.
Sadly this won't go in the way you suggest because processes need services or IOW the services dictate which processes run. Well, in general and 95% of cases.

About your LAN ... that would be about WiFi which is not separately supported. At least not at this time, and it really takes some effort to find out the ins and outs of that (I just never spent the time so far). So, Off will work, but back On not yet.

Best regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: