XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 25, 2024, 06:07:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: z7-4 Sound Quality  (Read 20114 times)
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2012, 08:06:47 pm »

Well having just fired up z7-4 I have to ask Peter "what have you done!!!!".

The SQ is so much better - so much so that I have to wonder if I was doing something wrong before - maybe some wrong setting. Well no it can't be that I have just checked all the settings and they are the same.

Except for Peak Extend which is now off because it really does not sound any different when *on* or *off* (have not tried HDCD yet). And the difference in SQ is not explained by the 3db increase in vol with PE off.

So Peter am I turning stir crazy or does this sound substantially better.

I am listening to Tony Allen  "Black Voices" which lets face it is not the best recording quality in the world. But wow it just sounds so much better now.

I think I had better crack open a beer to celebrate.

P

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 04:08:55 am »

What Paul said...Really.  Happy

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
arvind
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 08:36:56 am »

Hi Peter,

The SQ in this version is certainly better, especially in the mid range, but only at SFS of 2, not so much at SFS of 60. Unfortunately SFS of 2 has other problems (mentioned in other post)

Best regards,

Arvind

W10-14393.0 RAM OS / Mach III LPS 14/28/XXHE 2.11/Engine#4/Adaptive Mode/16x /Custom Filter/Q1= 14/0/0/0 xQ1=1/Device Buffer:4096/Invert Phase=On/Minimise OS/PE=off/Unattended/Stop All Services/SFS=20.69/20.69(max)/ClockRes= 15ms/Straight Contiguous/Music on HDD/Lush^3 USB cable A:W-Y-R-G; B:W-Y-R/Phasure NOS 1a/75b/G3 USB DAC. > Blaxius*^2.5 A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink. Orelo MK II active speakers. ET^3 between Mach III & music server. Driver version 1.04/Driver Buffer 16ms. OSD text = Off
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 09:09:12 am »

Haha, this sure can be true. It was intended. But believe it or not :

The last appliance I added in the spare hour I had between being ready with 0.9z-4 and regular listening time and because it needs the LAN here to transfer the installation files from the development machine to the meachine where I deal with the forum uploads, at least some of you may have listened to it earlier than myself. Yea, what a joke.

The other thing SQ related I added a few days back, but I couldn't really observe the changes because too many confusing other things at hand. But :

At least the last two days (so, 0.9z-7-4) I observed something like "infinitely more" cymbals. And well, at least here it's a kind of a strange thing;

So, not trying to feed you with placeboes, but merely to help out (ehm, myself ?) and especially thinking back this morning about last evening ... I'd have to say something like that cymbals have become separate from the music to the sense that normaly they may create a mesh when not careful, while now they have there own life as should. Something like that.

For example, there's this Papa was a Rolling Stone from Ray Brown and those other two R's. This (and actually the whole album) is a kind of dark brown thing because there's only these upright basses and halfway the album I tend to turn it off because it becomes a dull thing. Well, I think this is still so, but this one track I played last night suddenly exhibits this high-hat all the time making me think that it isn't about a recording with poor microphones. It can't because those high-hats now are there so profound and at the good level. Again thinking back I even wonder now wherer this "drummer" came from suddenly.

And this is with everything; when cymbals become more profound they also tend to mesh the further music. This has always been the danger when they become profound. But especially last night I was thinking throughout the couple of hours I listened something like : wow, things now have become crazily fresh. Is this right ? *Can* it be right ? and then I envisioned that a live performance would exhibit the same. And *that* part was in my mind the same day before yesterday already, but actually having no time/rest to explicitly observe.
Played some Beatles from my "demo Gallery" and hardly recognized it - again.

Okay, if this really works, let's say that I'm slowly but certainly now am cracking the OS to where it should be.

If anyone can contribute more (and that most certainly is allowed to be in the "negative" direction) ... the more the better.

Thanks,
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
CoenP
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 09:15:44 am »

For the statistics:

With the same settings 7-4 sounds definitely different from previous versions. And I am not even using the NOS1 nor PE at the moment!

Obviously a much smoother and complete midrange, very captivating thankyou! Also a bit different bass, less pointy and more 'ripe' (audiophile speak for more pronounced overtones?).

regards, Coen

Settings: Qn: , SFS: , timeres: XT tweaks: , buf: 4096, driver: 8 ms,

Audio PC (jan 19): XXHE PC v1 with RAMdisk w.o. videocard and 1 of 2 cpu fans + BRIX/USB3 storage musicserver. ETN to Fibre converters (linear supplies), 500m SFP modules & 5m OM4 cable. Power cable PE not connected, together with nos1 and poweramp in separate "audio" powerstrip.

Clarixa set + Intona (or Lush 1m), Phasure NOS1a-75B G3 USB (buf 16 ms)-> Blaxius ->SE EL95 (0,8W triode) + cheap link to Abaqus 300W plateamps> Bastanis cable-> Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo ("DIY").

[other sources: TD124/3009SII-i/Grace F9/lounge LCR phono; Rega Planet 1997 vintage]
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 09:36:56 am »

Ah, I can't wait to get back home this weekend and give it a go.

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
stefanobilliani
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 10:16:31 am »

For me from the bass : much more correct harmonics , richer also on the piano keyboard. The bass guitar and drums present good and clear articulation of the score very enjoyable . Ok on cymbals and mixing of the midrange content. What i liked the more ( like ) is the perspective of the whole recording that for the first time in x x approaches the real infinite and relaxed zone of the eye with respect to the sound stage. Natural and complete . I believe this is starting to call the mature software xx high end. For my setting i did try it in a simple fashion made of 32 bit 192k wasapi intermal sound card with playback drive ( internal ) . MBR partition .SFS 80/240. Stefano.

May 27 -2013 ,  0.9z-9

W8 pro 64bit, UEFI
sata ahci mode .
i7 (8 cores ) 2600k
RAM : 16Gig
XXHE on OS disk
Music on OS disk
Playback drive on USB3 to 4Gig Pendrive
Mobo USB 3 to Oversampling dac at 2X
KS adaptive , ArcPredict  , dev buffer 1024
Q1=8 , Q5=3 , res 1msec
Minimized OS , stop all services
X-tweaks : 45,100,1,1,1, stable , optimal
Disk Utilization : Split File Size: 120 ,max the same as SFS
Memory Organization : Straight Contiguous
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 10:46:36 am »

Stefan - Well said I agree and I would add that to these ears anyway cymbals now sound very real. Before I could get cymbals to sound either a bit muted (big SFS settings) or very impressive but maybe because they were a bit edgy (small SFS settings). Now there are no questions in my mind - they just sound right. And less dependent on SFS settings (but I need to play a bit more to be sure).

SQ to me now sounds "proper top drawer". And no pops or ticks or big bass unit excursions.

But to go back to that Tony Allen album the really striking thing now is that before the sound was a bit of a mess but now I can hear what is going on. The complex strands are unravelled easily and naturally. Fantastic because I love to listen to Tony Allen - and much more now.

To me this is a very fundamental step forward.

P

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Nick
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 02:08:51 pm »

I agree with the comments so far, a big step forwards.

By happy coincidence I put some V-CAPs into my tweeter crossover a few weeks ago. I did not realise how much detail was being held back and how highs can change music so much, even down to sounds that you might call midrange. But there was edge in the highs as well with the new caps. Now z7-4 comes along perfectly timed (thanks Peter  Happy ) and what a combination ! I'm having to get used to listening to much more top end but is sounds very good.

Elsewhere I am still running in input caps on my amp trying different different input layouts (some more nice caps are in the post) so its difficult to be too precise about the sound of z7-4 but first impressions are very, very posertive.  Happy

Nick.

Audio PC

C621 motherboard, Xeon 40 thread CPU.

w10 14393 RAM OS => XX V2.10 / adaptive mode / XX buffer 4096 / NOS USB driver v 1.02 buffer 16ms / Q1,2,3,4,5 = 10,-,1,1,1 / xQ1 =15 / unattended / SFS 0.69Mb / memory straight continuous / system clock 15.0ms / Threadprio RealTime / Playerprio Low / CPU scheme 3-5 / 16x Arc Prediction / Peak Extend off / Phase alignment off / Phase off  / XTweaks : Balanced Load 35 / Nervous Rate 10 (or15) / Cool when Idle n/a / Provide Stable Power 0 / Utilize Cores always 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability  On =>  Lush USB cable => modified NOS1 USB DAC => no pre amp => Orelo active horn loudspeakers with modified bass channel DSPs.

Music server: X99, Xeon 28 thread PC.

System power two 3kva balanced tranformers with dedicated earth spur.
benananda
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 07:27:49 pm »

Peter, your cymbals example fits with my Q1/Q1factor settings along with 430 SFS on my current z7-1.  That was one of the big finds, along with bass and note decay.  Wondering now if z7-4 will be even better, or force new settings upon me.  Hmm, sounds like a weekend project!

USB to Matrix Mini-i (16bit 48Khz max)  (0.9z-7)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 on SSD, XX on other SSD, music on SATAII spinning disk (on SATA3 port of MB!), MB is Z77 Gigabyte G1 sniper m3, Ivy Bridge i5 3570, / Engine#4 Special Mode / Q1/2/3/4/5 = 2/0/0/0/0 / Q1Factor = 2 (Dev.Buffer = 256) / ClockRes = 1ms / Straight Contiguous / SFS = 430 / not Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Unattended playback All off especially LAN!
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 08:56:40 pm »

Right after PA such a big inprovement!!! Who could have guessed that!

ok
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:23:50 am by Gerard » Logged

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
listening
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 10:36:52 pm »

Hey Peter,

that's what I hear by trend for now:

Big improvement for voices. Reference is the very good engineered record Folk Songs of the Swingle Singers. Every voice is recorded teasing out the individual voice characteristics with small reverberation. Nevertheless the group sounds as a whole.
Big improvement for harmonics of cymbals, gongs, glasharp and so on. Clean transients when knocking wood on wood or knocking glas with metall rods. Reference is the Tomato Record Three Constructions of John Cage.
Very black background for electronic music. Reference is Andreas Vollenweiders Behind the Gardens.

You're on the right track, Peter!

Georg

XXHE 2.10 - PC ASUS Sabertooth X99, passive Cooling / Seasonic P-400FL Platin / Core I7 6800K 6/12 cores scalable @1.2GHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 30/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 0.69) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Stop Desktop, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On
(Settings currently not stable)

USB3 from MoBo -> 2m Belkin -> Intona (Standard) with external power supply -> Clairixia cable
USB3 from MoBo -> 0,5m Belkin USB3 -> ALLDAQ ADQ-USB 3.0-ISO-PS with external power supply -> 2m Belkin USB2 cable

-> WaveIO to dddac1794 or to Soekris DAM1021
-> SMSL SU-8 ES9038
-> 2x Gainclone -> TQWT 9710M/01 + BMS 4524 Horn
-> 2x Quad 405 rebuild as mono amps with Dada Electronics boards -> Quad ESL63 Pro
-> 2x Anaview ALC0300-1300 -> Original Celestion SL6 in concrete housing
-> 2x Neumann KH-120
-> Funk MTX Monitor -> AKG K701
GerardA
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 11:39:12 pm »

Thanks Peter!
This version is perfect, don't change anything anymore!
No it's more than perfect!
I don't know what you changed but the result is unbelievable.
There will be some late nights coming!

asrock ->intel 6700/4GB/Samsung 850 SSD/Win 10() Pro /XXHE 2.09  Special (32) Clock: max ,SFS: 4  MC, Q1 = 14, Q2,3,4,5=0,0,0,2 Quad AP, No Invert / Playerprio = Belownormal / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = 3 / Mixed contigious / Unattended -> Minidsp 2x4HD (IIR and FIR)->  Mivoc AM80 / 300B / gainclone -> TDL TL/Seas Excell/ScanSpeak
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 01:11:55 pm »

Thanks Peter,
Again a big improvement with 7-4. Went from 7-3 to 7-4 with same settings, my first reaction was: what is going on! A really nice surprise.

Tried JPlay last night via HDMI and USB (on ultrabook with i5) but so far nothing beats XXHighend (on Netbook with Atom)!

And hopefully in the near future I can also try PA.

kind regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
listening
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 08:21:01 pm »

Hey Peter,

heard mostly guitar and violin music this weekend. In summary I cannot hear any additional artefacts which are not part of the music. As a formerly private guitar player playing family music I can say that the tone of the strings is right. I can definitely say if it's a synthetic material, steel or phosphor bronze or the combination of them. I can hear a loosen tuning peg and the resonances in the corpus sound right.

Very nice!
Georg

XXHE 2.10 - PC ASUS Sabertooth X99, passive Cooling / Seasonic P-400FL Platin / Core I7 6800K 6/12 cores scalable @1.2GHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 30/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 0.69) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Stop Desktop, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On
(Settings currently not stable)

USB3 from MoBo -> 2m Belkin -> Intona (Standard) with external power supply -> Clairixia cable
USB3 from MoBo -> 0,5m Belkin USB3 -> ALLDAQ ADQ-USB 3.0-ISO-PS with external power supply -> 2m Belkin USB2 cable

-> WaveIO to dddac1794 or to Soekris DAM1021
-> SMSL SU-8 ES9038
-> 2x Gainclone -> TQWT 9710M/01 + BMS 4524 Horn
-> 2x Quad 405 rebuild as mono amps with Dada Electronics boards -> Quad ESL63 Pro
-> 2x Anaview ALC0300-1300 -> Original Celestion SL6 in concrete housing
-> 2x Neumann KH-120
-> Funk MTX Monitor -> AKG K701
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: