XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 18, 2024, 06:38:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.9z-7-4: My most annoying problems #2 - Controls don't work  (Read 4513 times)
charliemb
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2012, 02:04:16 am »

In attended mode:   (not UNattended)

The controls don't work.   If I'm playing one song and I hit next, it seems like it tries to go to the next track but most of the time it doesn't.  I can see that "Play" turns yellow, but it does not start playing.  If I then hit play once or sometimes several times, play commences finally.

[This is related to the other problem I posted #1 of 2, and I forgot to mention that these problems seem to be part of a rate change with fx on.]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:18:40 am by PeterSt » Logged

July 2019:
XXHighEnd PC (i7 3930K) Hyperthreading On (12 cores) clocked to 3.6GHz (100%), 16GB, Windows 7 Ultimate64 SP1 on 2.5” SATA2 SSD disk for OS and XX, music on 3.5” SATA3 7200 RPM.  Motherboard BIOS settings: BCLK = 100 MHz / Intel Speed Step = OFF / Max Clock Ratio = 36 / Allow OS to change ratio = *OFF*. 
XXHighEnd 2.10 Adaptive / Q1/3/4/5 = 2/0/0/1 / Q1x = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Straight Contiguous / SFS = 30 (max 150) / Playerprio = Low (or below normal) / ThreadPrio = High / Core3-5 / No Playback Drive / No RAMDISK / UnAttended / most services Off, WASAPI on  / Minimize OS / XTweaks set to v2.01 Defaults / 16x 768K Custom Filters (High) or ArcPredict
DAC: Holo Audio Spring 2 KTE NOS DAC, and no preamp (also ISO REGEN powered by battery)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 08:35:01 am »

This problem could (!) be solved by just not doing the things like you do them. In this case this means : don't load the playlist with tracks of mixed format. But :

This is all formally allowed and don't see that it doesn't work. really.

I am fairly sure that when you spend some time to not let something go wrong in the first place, all the elements of mentioned problems just work fine. For example : Start XXHighEnd with a pre-loaded Playlist, click on the first track as press Play. Later hit Next. Fx On or Off, this should just work.

But don't start wiggling about with other things in the mean time, because "you" will mix up things up to where it technically can't work anymore. I said "you", because you can see it happening, and experience is key here. Not that you are not experienced, but say that I am more and I can just see it happening.

What's key here, is the recognition of when a track is actually selected. So, you will recognize that when you click on a random track in the Playlist (playing is not going on), it needs 3 times clicking to have it all done. This too is for a reason. *When* this is completed is again up to you to see, but it may make things vague. This vagueness is a problem within itself and WILL be caused by a too slow system already. Too slow is already disks which need to spin up. You won't notice a thing of it, unless you know what to look for.

Please notice that the way you pose the problems is by no means close to anything what is happening normally. Still it happens to you, and so I suspect a (very) slow system at least. Can this be so ?

Also understand the "message" of too slow systems. They can *never* work conveniently already because you will click again, while 100% guaranteed the first click is still pending. Notice that almost nobodt recognizes this, and thus theyt think their click was missed. This next click though is now that other thing to wait for, PLUS it may be inconsistent with the first click.
When a system is too slow, XXHighEnd will hardly work. This is because too many things need to happen in the background which by itself is because of it's memory play.

Tell me that your FLAC album loads in 4 seconds and I say nothing. But tell me that it takes 20 or more, and there you go.

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
charliemb
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 02:11:27 am »

When a system is too slow, XXHighEnd will hardly work. This is because too many things need to happen in the background which by itself is because of it's memory play.

Tell me that your FLAC album loads in 4 seconds and I say nothing. But tell me that it takes 20 or more, and there you go.

A flac album loads in less than 20 sec.   A 44.1/16 AIF loads quickly, like 5 or 10 seconds.  An HD flac might take 20 seconds or more.

But the machine is fairly fast.  xxHE moves along quite nicely, and I have never had problems with clicks (other than the documented ones sometimes at the beginning of a gapped track).

But this is not a question of speed, because I have clicked on NEXT and left it alone for long periods of time with no response (like going to eat dinner and coming back).  STUCK.  It does nothing.

July 2019:
XXHighEnd PC (i7 3930K) Hyperthreading On (12 cores) clocked to 3.6GHz (100%), 16GB, Windows 7 Ultimate64 SP1 on 2.5” SATA2 SSD disk for OS and XX, music on 3.5” SATA3 7200 RPM.  Motherboard BIOS settings: BCLK = 100 MHz / Intel Speed Step = OFF / Max Clock Ratio = 36 / Allow OS to change ratio = *OFF*. 
XXHighEnd 2.10 Adaptive / Q1/3/4/5 = 2/0/0/1 / Q1x = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Straight Contiguous / SFS = 30 (max 150) / Playerprio = Low (or below normal) / ThreadPrio = High / Core3-5 / No Playback Drive / No RAMDISK / UnAttended / most services Off, WASAPI on  / Minimize OS / XTweaks set to v2.01 Defaults / 16x 768K Custom Filters (High) or ArcPredict
DAC: Holo Audio Spring 2 KTE NOS DAC, and no preamp (also ISO REGEN powered by battery)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: