XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 08:37:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FIFO errors with Stealth - Clairixa - Intona  (Read 31868 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 12:53:56 pm »

Interesting ...

I wonder whether it can be the PC somehow. But how to test that ?
I think that you bringing your PC in isn't really going to be helpful because you might have specific situations regarding grounding etc. which are different over here. Also, to do it well you must bring the NOS1a as well, and then *still* it can easily appear not to be sufficient. The only thing which seems helpful is you trying your Intona at our place, or indeed a new one (or mine) at your place. But my senses tell me from the start of this topic that it is not that. It can, but the plausibility gets less and less.
One means would work out I think : try my PC at your place.

This seems a bit rough and should also not be the approach in general, because others (like in Australia) can't do this either. But OK, when it is "a" solution for this occasion (which never happened anywhere else) why not.
Still I myself would be eager to determine the cause by other means. For example, will the Silverstone card exhibit the same ? Well, nice to know, but what if it doesn't ? And what if it does ? ... so never mind.

It can be the MoBo. Well, try an USB port at the front of the PC (trying one is sufficient). With no change it doesn't tell much (South Bridge or whatever could be malfunctioning). But with change it is helpful because it will tell that it is the MoBo indeed (and probably not the CPU, which is also a possibility).

Assumed you use the very same OS (Settings) as we all with the Stealth (which OS are you using ?) then it becomes likely it is the CPU.
Nice. Not. Not, because another USB cable helps too.

It is the MoBo;
When the Clock Tree on it is not working properly for impedances, the speed is sacrified (think retries) and this now requires a higher CPU speed to recover in time.
That such a thing exhibits in USB cables making a difference is almost in the same area (I can not explain that but I feel it). However, the same feeling/hunch would then lead to using another USB hub (like one which connects to the front ports), solving it *or* making it worse.

Bzzzz

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 02:58:37 pm »

Hi Peter,

With the front usb there are no errors. So you nailed it.
And balance load is on 43 again.

What I can do next (tomorrow) try a Silverstone usb card.

Or do you have other suggestions.

regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 03:13:49 pm »

Ha !

So Arjan, trying out the Silverstone won't bring much, I'd say (unless you like the sound from it better).

Question would be : what to do with this. Can you live with this situation ?
If not then I suppose we have to change your Motherboard and assume it will help. I can forget about having that MoBo credited because no one will be able to test it for these particular merits (hey, please set the processor to 720 MHz first and then notice that the USB at the back isn't working properly ... sure ... hahaha).
But it would be your right.

One hint to solve it differently : If I put up the post I just finished, you will see that you don't need the solution to this any more. But I only like to put up that post after one more listening session (and assumed I won't be drunk for the rest of my life because of "it" ... swoon).

Hey, thank you for your trials !
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 01:38:18 am »

Hi Peter,

Found my silverstone with Paul pang clock back put it in and it sounds not bad at all. I like it for now.

The front USB is not a real solution for me. Only for testing.

Thank you also for the help.
Maybe I will buy a second mobo as spare? Will wait for now.

Regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2016, 12:15:54 pm »

Maybe I will buy a second mobo as spare? Will wait for now.

Please don't do things without letting me know first;
With your experience together with my own from only a few days ago - about the 44100 at 8ms - there could be more going on with those MoBo's.
Plus I just realize that I have better than super contact with the technical guys from ASRock (just envision that special BIOSes are made for Phasure and you will understand).

But I must now test things myself here, meaning that I need to build another PC (no problem) with the exact same configuration (could be a problem because it requires a processor which I don't like to buy without an order for it).
So let's say that we need to hold on until another Stealth order comes in (I don't expect one within a week).

... ...

I just asked;
In 30 minutes or so the MoBo of the Stealth can be replaced. This means that you can pass by and before the coffee is finished it's done. And if it helps, then fine.
So let's think about this too.

Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2016, 08:30:00 pm »

Hi Peter,

Maybe the mobo exchange together with the b'ass upgrade?

But I am happy with the SQ I get now.

The PC seems to run cooler. I do not see the white light anymore although the SFS is low. 

regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2016, 08:20:42 am »

Arjan,

You are not telling that the white led came up just because of using that USB port at the back ? I mean, when you higher the balanced load it sure will and you did that too. So ... ?

Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 10:21:09 am »

Hi Peter,

Without the Intona and using the mobo USB3 at SFS 120 the white light never came up.
But I did not like the SQ, to muddy bass. So I went back to the low 0.12 SFS. In the same situation no Intona and mobo USB the white light came up every 10 minutes or so.

Now with the low SFS, Intona and the Silverstone USB card I do not see the white at all coming up. So I would say the PC runs cooler now.....

regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 08:02:37 pm »

Hi Peter,

I open this thread again because after 3 months of no issues they just started this afternoon. I was playing some albums and all was fine and then I heard the ticks again: USB and Fifo errors. I was still using the Siverstone USB because that solved the issues last time in November.

I rebooted, but that did not help.

Weird thing, I changed to the mobo USB and that solved the issues again.

So I have no issues now anymore, but something strange is going on. Still a mobo issue somewhere?

regards

March, 2018 (2.10)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 08:50:32 am »

Hi Arjan,

Try to focus on currents running "over connections". Your 2nd PC (Music Server PC) might be detrimental here. Switch it off and see whether that matters. That sort of thing (out of dozens). Use mains earth vs not. Also quite crucial that middle switch (by now I forgot / don't know whether you have that connected to the "black wire" - originally not as the first "a", remember ?). That switch down (black wire connected) gives better chances.
Mains Earth switch at the back of the PC also matters (no real hints here, but it matters - and it is not necessarily important that the PC is in mains earth).

In the end a "change" must imply the now errors over the Silverstone connection (I'd say), but what change ??

Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 05:57:37 pm »

Hi Peter,
It is real 'a'. Switch was done when Blaxius connectors were added.
So I will do some tests with it.
Regards

March, 2018 (2.10)
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2017, 11:08:26 am »

Hi Peter,
Issues solved! I was doing something nobody else does: I used a Ethernet isolator between music server and audio pc. (mi 1005) Took it out of the chain!
No more USB issues and I can use the mobo usb as well. And it sound better then the Silverstone.
So bad Ethernet can give you usb errors!
Thanks Peter and regards

March, 2018 (2.10)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2017, 01:06:20 pm »

Hi Arjan,

Great experience !

So bad Ethernet can give you usb errors!

... it is only that I don't understand what you really want to say here. It won't be something like "My Ethernet is so bad that I needed an isolator in it", right ?

I'm afraid that you have something quite similar as just touched in the USB Noise topic, or maybe my posts from today even got you on the track ?
Anyway, Ethernet isolates itself already ... up to ...
See ? This is not 100%. Make it 100% and the "pressure" has to go elsewhere. And I suppose that in this case, somehow, your Intona had to give up.

Anyway, great that it is solved !
Best regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 05:35:29 pm »

Also, change Q1 to 14x1 (and not 14x10 as you might have it by now); WASAPI requires a more normal buffer size and if that's "wrong" you indeed will receive an error as if the format really is not supported (quite misleading, but I can not help that).

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: