XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 11:48:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lush  (Read 249068 times)
hols
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2017, 09:02:46 am »

Hi Peter,

Can I have a 150cm Lush. Thanks.

And when you have time I would like to have a Stealth Mach II with linear power supply too. But right now enjoy your trip. Thanks.

Leung
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2017, 11:36:41 am »

This is my Saturday morning post after waking up and not something heavy. Keep this in mind ...

All that effort for selling a Lush

unhappy unhappy unhappy unhappy - so Lush is the latest greatest thing from the house of Phasure  -  So tell me what salesman would turn up without a Lush in his hand - Soon after Mani's visit Peter, Ciska and Paul turned up at my place with similarly short notice and did not have a Lush with him for either me or Mani.

Paul

Dear People,

It takes just a tad too much of effort to understand the intentions of Paul's post here. I noticed it myself, but I was also pointed to it from (private) messages from others.
It is all about the humor we (all) put into it and how to understand it. So for those who think something is inappropriate here, this is the explanation :

First there is Gerard who jokes about that it is really a lot of effort to travel some 1500Km to sell a Lush cable (he did not know we did not bring along any). But Gerard is Dutch and knows exactly how that comes across. Of course we must envision the intonation how he says it, which does not work well in writing.

Next there's me myself who really should have brought a cable for both, *if* I had known in advance I would cross the roads Mani's and Paul's house were positioned. And although I may have thought about it, it was no fixed plan. It was even a "secret" for the other travellers, of which one only knew when entering the town, and the other only when we stopped at the front gate. The gate was Mani's and it was me who thought to be a fool to not bring a cable, BUT with good feelings, because Mani did not order a Lush anyway.
With Paul it went exactly the same (also a surpise for everybody), up to him not ordering a Lush (when we started our little trip). This felt even worse because we left off with one 70cm left behind for someone who had not payed yet, and Paul wanted a 70cm (as it appeared). How hard would it have been to (gently) throw that in the trunk. If I only would have had some more senses as a salesman ...

Lastly, Paul makes his remark about this latter. "Nice salesman you are !"
Paul is, of course, a bit sore because a. he ordered too late, b. he could have listened to it in his all new situation. Ehm, so yes, there too a few things changed because we passed by.
And aren't we audiophiles completely obsessed ?
Anyway, Paul expressed his grief about someone mentioning me as a salesman who messed up all over. Now we have the nice forcefield between Gerard's post and Paul's. And indeed; not everybody understands the burried message in at least Paul's : what salesman; if that would be the case he would have bring a 100.
And remember, Paul only ordered one after we left ... he knows that.

The nice thing of such a trip is that it may help those we visited. So let's say that it helped Mani to re-focus on something a neutral instance (us, but with 3 of us !) have a fresh look at matters. That something more drastical like replacing an amplifier is the solution, well, if it is a solution, why not. Btw Mani, it was my gentle suggestion to try the BD amp after contemplating that the tube amp may not have sufficient control (the throughout a track diminishing bass). Now, I don't want to emphasize this, but life is apparently so complicated that if Paul would have mentioned what happened in his room while we were there, nobody would have doubted the gag of Paul's post. Next up is that it may be a bit difficult to mention what happened because now someone else will be or feel blamed for something. So Paul better did not and now the jokes come through only halfly.

Let me finish with this :
It is such a great honour that people like you almost explicitly want me to check out their system and try to change it for the better. You know (and you both noticed) I actually don't even want to do that because I (like to) respect what any of you achieved. I don't want to be the better one (or how to express it). That it works out so, well, massively, is something I can live on for months. I call it luck though. I mean, to hear something wrong is not so difficult as this is just experience (with say a good reference). But that it can be solved within the time available is ... luck.
OK, I can be booked. swoon

Peter

PS: Both of you know that I explicitly stayed out of initial judgement. So the joy for me is that Ciska and Paul can do it too, by now.

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2017, 12:05:51 pm »

Hi Peter,

Can I have a 150cm Lush. Thanks.

And when you have time I would like to have a Stealth Mach II with linear power supply too. But right now enjoy your trip. Thanks.

Leung

Thank you Leung. I take it that it is your suggestion to send out the Lush the soonest and separately from the Stealth, because the Stealth will take some longer time to produce - think in terms of a few weeks (may be 3-4).

Regards,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2017, 01:44:41 pm »

But it really is a tall ask expecting their 5W or so per channel to drive full range speakers (albeit high-efficiency horns) with passive crossovers and no powered LF drivers. I suspect this is simply too much for them.

Hi Mani,

For some reason I thought you had 211's in your amps which would equate to 15w to 20w single ended...not sure where I got that idea from, but they are certainly not 5w tubes.  Judging by the descriptions of what was going on I think that what you were hearing might have been the effect of back emf from the voice coils of the woofer/s finding its way to the tweeter.  As you have already mentioned a good solution may be to offload the lower channels to another amplifier and use your valve amps for the mids and highs (the channels with little moving mass).

I'm glad you have managed to improve things further.

Cheers,

Anthony

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

XXHighEnd 2.11 RAM-OS (W14393 RAM)
Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2017, 01:55:09 pm »

Dear People,

It takes just a tad too much of effort to understand the intentions of Paul's post here. I noticed it myself, but I was also pointed to it from (private) messages from others.

The written word and cultural differences are not always the most conducive to accurate communication

I just laughed at Paul and Gerard's posts...funny...but thanks for the explanation anyway Peter.  Sounds like your English holiday did not have much of an itinerary which usually makes for a relaxing get-away.

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2017, 03:49:28 pm »

Anthony,

Hi Mani,

For some reason I thought you had 211's in your amps which would equate to 15w to 20w single ended...not sure where I got that idea from, but they are certainly not 5w tubes.  Judging by the descriptions of what was going on I think that what you were hearing might have been the effect of back emf from the voice coils of the woofer/s finding its way to the tweeter.

5W or 15W, I don't think it matters (because 15W already may not be enough). Point here is that you may suffer from the same without knowing = noticing. This is the fun of audio ...

This post originally was much longer, but although with some sense, too much deviating from any subject. Happy

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2017, 12:08:27 pm »

Lastly, Paul makes his remark about this latter. "Nice salesman you are !"  Paul is, of course, a bit sore because a. he ordered too late, ........................... And remember, Paul only ordered one after we left ... he knows that.

!!!! Oh Dear !!!!! I had not meant to create confusion.  Just to say that it was great to see Ciska, Peter and Paul and we had a great afternoon. I am looking forward to receiving a Lush which is somewhere between here and Holland just now.

Cheers

Paul

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2017, 05:36:14 pm »

For some reason I thought you had 211's in your amps...

Yep, I was using 211 amps before my 300B amps arrived a couple of months ago. I still have both pairs of power amps - will decide what to do with them at some point.

Judging by the descriptions of what was going on I think that what you were hearing might have been the effect of back emf from the voice coils of the woofer/s finding its way to the tweeter.  As you have already mentioned a good solution may be to offload the lower channels to another amplifier and use your valve amps for the mids and highs (the channels with little moving mass).

I'm starting to come around to believing that DSETs may be the only really satisfactory way of using SET amps.

5W or 15W, I don't think it matters (because 15W already may not be enough).

I'm reminded of VJ's post in another thread a while ago:

Also look into this if not already done so!

http://www.crownaudio.com/en/tools/calculators

"Amplifier Power Required"

http://www.crownaudio.com/how-much-amplifier-power

"Peak headroom

Because music has transient peaks that are 6 to 25 dB above the average level, the power amplifier needs to produce enough power to handle those peaks without distortion.

For example, if you need 100 watts continuous power to achieve the desired average SPL, you need 1,000 watts continuous to handle 10 dB peaks, 3,162 watts to handle 15 dB peaks, and 10,000 watts to handle 20 dB peaks. Clearly, the peaks require far more power than the average levels. In the calculator's Peak Headroom field, enter 6 dB for rock music that is compressed or limited, or enter 20 to 25 dB for uncompressed live music. If you can live with some short-term clipping which may be inaudible, enter 10 to 15 dB.
 Sad Sad

This post originally was much longer, but although with some sense, too much deviating from any subject. Happy

Shame. I quite like your long, 'deviating' posts  Wink

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2017, 07:00:54 am »

I'm starting to come around to believing that DSETs may be the only really satisfactory way of using SET amps.

Shame. I quite like your long, 'deviating' posts  Wink

Mani.

Maybe start a thread to discuss this stuff Mani.  Peter and Bert already use many of the theoretical advantages of matched amplifier/driver channels in the Orelo speakers.  DSET is not just for problematic topologies such a as SET, but for less problematic SS devices as well.

Audio PC

Audio Chain
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2017, 07:12:47 am »

I think my The Lush is settling in a little more now that I have had it for a week or so.  Very, very nice...

Audio PC

Audio Chain
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2017, 08:18:43 am »

Congratulations on the  fantastic sound I can imagine you have now and waiting to see the effect of the Lush on your system.

Hey Juan, yes, I think the sound is pretty good... but still not quite 'there'. If I adjust the speakers so that voices sound palpable and real, the LF (below 60Hz, say) seems slightly lacking. If I adjust them so that this LF is more pronounced, the mid-lows/upper-bass seem too prominent - vocals become unrealistically husky. I'll probably revert back to the first scenario when the Lush arrives and see (hear) how I go.

This issue seemed less pronounced with my tube amps - they seemed to flesh the LF out somewhat. [I might take up Anthony's suggestion and start a new thread about the sound of different amps.]

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
hols
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2017, 11:51:45 am »

Thank you Leung. I take it that it is your suggestion to send out the Lush the soonest and separately from the Stealth, because the Stealth will take some longer time to produce - think in terms of a few weeks (may be 3-4).

Regards,
Peter
[/quote]
Hi Peter,
It's good if you can send out the Lush first. It is also ok if you would like to combine it with the Mach II. Thanks.

Leung
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2017, 07:03:02 pm »

Lush has arrived here and all I have to say is:

WOW !!!!

It is like all digital "stuff" has been removed from my system and replaced with analogue.

Cheers

Paul

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Stanray
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2017, 10:58:40 am »

Lush has arrived here and all I have to say is:

WOW !!!!

It is like all digital "stuff" has been removed from my system and replaced with analogue.

Same over here!

My first impression was that the sound became "richer", without getting too warm and maintaining or even expanding detail.

This is with a non-G3 NOS1a (waiting for my turn) and no Intona.

Going back to the Clairixa made the sound "thin" and less involving.

Peter:  thankyou

Regards,
Stanley

AudioPC: Passive Intel i7-2600S / Hyperthreading On / Motherboard: Asus P8H67-V/ RAM: Kingston DDR3 32GB/ Motherboard USB3.0 to NOS1a / PSU: Silentmaxx Fanless II/ no computer cabinet and no fans (NoFan 80 EH passive CPU cooler) / Music via LAN on SSD on MusicServerPC (desktop computer-W10)/ All music in WAV /Control on desktop computer or on Macbook Air <-> Wifi <-> separate (audio)router <-> LAN <-> MusicServerPC <-> LAN <-> AudioPC.

September 2021: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM/ XXHE 2.11 / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/1 / Q1Factor = 4/ Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 10ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 10.13 (max 10,13)/ No Filter/ not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Peak Extend Off /Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback/ UnAttended / All Services Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : 62, 1, -, 1, 1/ Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / Custom Filtering Low (16x) / -> Lush^3 USB-cable 70cm (A: W-Y-R-G, B: W-G) > Phasure NOS1a 75B G3 DAC, Driver v1.0.4) (16ms)/ Output via Balanced Blaxius BNC Interlinks > Audio Analogue Maestro monoblock amplifier > speakers: Apogee Acoustics Scintilla (custom rebuild).
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2017, 04:57:32 pm »

and maintaining or even expanding detail

Same experience here I was explaining this to a friend last normally when the sound is a bit edgy (as clarixa now sounds) then removing that edge tends to make the sound less detailed. That does not happen with Lush you hear even more detail but really smooth and natural. Better termination / matching?

Also my system has sounded a bit lacking in low bass since Peter visited and got to work fixing a fundamental problem I was unaware I had (not something I need to be embarrassed about I quickly add). Now the bass is definitely improved as well.

Cheers

Paul

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  All
  Print  

Jump to: