XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 10:04:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: End of Album Error(s)  (Read 5426 times)
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 24, 2014, 06:20:30 pm »

Hi Peter, I've got something really weird happening if I leave an album to play right to the end. I'm not sure exactly when this started because I've had so many changes recently... sorry.

Ordinarily, when the last track of the playlist finishes, XX comes out of Unattended and everything is OK. But what I'm getting right now is that the PC is totally dead. Nothing responds. I have to do 2 hard reboots (i.e. via the PC power button) to get any response back. After the 2nd hard boot, everything looks OK, but I'm still in 'Minimize OS'. If I try to come out of 'Minimize OS', I get the 'Engine Selection' error (see below). If I try to play a track, I get the 'No Sound Device' message. At some point, I get the 'Check OS' error (can't remember how). Anyway, I restart the PC a couple of times, and then am able to get back out of 'Minimize OS'. Reverting back to 'Minimize OS', everything works fine again.

Sorry, got to run but happy to answer any questions later...

Mani.

* Engine Selection Error.jpg (46.06 KB, 826x465 - viewed 597 times.)

* No Sound Devices Message.jpg (54.16 KB, 826x465 - viewed 571 times.)

* Check OS Error.jpg (172.54 KB, 826x465 - viewed 596 times.)

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 06:32:15 pm »

Mani, very recognizable. And ... very glad that someone else but me has this. So far I dedicated this to my PC because ... happens only when the CPU speed is somewhat higher than my still set 430MHz ...

This now HAS to be related to the new filter (but whether AI or Custom does not matter as I recall) and I now even more don't understand the sh*t of this.
Btw, this does not only happen (with me) at the end of the Playlist but end of tracks and even in the middle some times (as I recall it).

This also HAS to be related to the very strange anomaly of not wanting to proceed to the next track (with Custom Filter) and which only happens on Windows 8 (same PC).
I can even make it more odd by saying that Collection Albums cause issues, and it totally beats me HOW. I mean, what is the difference.

The rebooting sequence needed is also the same here, but in the end logic for me. Notice though that it only needs two reboots and nothing like going to Normal OS. So first reboot is required because of the hang, but the state it leaves that all in makes Windows to think it's not Windows (or not any recognizable version).

There is more to tell about this but this is technical, but anyway I have never seen such a thing in my life (from the programming angle of things).

I don't know whether you can easily set your processor at the lowest speed but if so that hopefuly helps. If that would be 1200MHz then for me this is not enough yet.
Windows 7 cures it I think, because there the whole strange issue with the Custom Filter does not happen. But I did not really try that.

Super thanks for posting this !
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
charliemb
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 09:57:43 pm »

I can help here by saying that I'm running the same PC as Peter (I think) and I don't see this problem with the custom filter version 1.186i (or g) and I am running Win7 64 bit.

As for the compilation albums, who knows.  That is curious.  Perhaps it is because tracks of the compilation are not all the same somehow, or put another way, in a compilation album with tracks from different mastering sources, there may be higher chances of running into one track that is problematic somehow,  either in the format of the .wav or .flac or whatever, or in the data contained (music).

July 2019:
XXHighEnd PC (i7 3930K) Hyperthreading On (12 cores) clocked to 3.6GHz (100%), 16GB, Windows 7 Ultimate64 SP1 on 2.5” SATA2 SSD disk for OS and XX, music on 3.5” SATA3 7200 RPM.  Motherboard BIOS settings: BCLK = 100 MHz / Intel Speed Step = OFF / Max Clock Ratio = 36 / Allow OS to change ratio = *OFF*. 
XXHighEnd 2.10 Adaptive / Q1/3/4/5 = 2/0/0/1 / Q1x = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Straight Contiguous / SFS = 30 (max 150) / Playerprio = Low (or below normal) / ThreadPrio = High / Core3-5 / No Playback Drive / No RAMDISK / UnAttended / most services Off, WASAPI on  / Minimize OS / XTweaks set to v2.01 Defaults / 16x 768K Custom Filters (High) or ArcPredict
DAC: Holo Audio Spring 2 KTE NOS DAC, and no preamp (also ISO REGEN powered by battery)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: