XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 02:25:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WiFi Remote  (Read 87011 times)
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

There's Nothing So Dated As Yesterdays Future

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2009, 03:42:25 pm »

He audiodidact congratulations, nice job.
Sorry for me I don't have a serial com-port on my PC anymore...
My IR works through USBCIF, I guess they don't want us to mess around with this because I don't find much homeware for this. BTW where did you find the IR-Assisant?

Gerard.

WinLirc and IR-Assistant are both freeware so I'll can post them here, I guess.
Btw there is a USB solution too, only little more difficult to build.
But Gerard check you motherboard (on the motherboard itself) for a COM port. (little rectangcular box with 9 pins)

groeten Roy
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:19:41 am by AUDIODIDAKT » Logged

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
W7 Ultimate x64 Tweaked/60 GB SSD OCZ Vertex (1.50)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME/Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz/OZC Reaper 2x2GB/
Esi Juli@ soundcard (KS)(x2v-v0_978)(Tweaked Coaxial)/Nvidea Geforce 9800 GTX+/750 Watt Zalman ZM-750-HP/100 MB Fiber-Optical Internet/
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
#4Engine, Special Mode, 48 samples, SFS 12MB, DAP, Scheme=3, Q1=1, Q2/Q3/Q4/Q5=30,30,0,0, PlayerPrio=Low, ThreadPrio=Realtime
x-Allow Format Change, x-Stop Services, x-Copy to XX-drive by Standard, x-Start Engine3 During Conversion
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2009, 04:11:26 pm »

btw Peter,

Having problems to startup XX in taskmanager.
Like to be able to startup xx also, at bootup. (otherwise it has to be another button ALT-X)
No problem in that, but just working out what is possible.
There is a conflict with xx, at startup with ir-assistant, ahk and winlirc, I guess they both have to access the macroīs or something like that.

And a glitch in W7, donīt get my wallpaper back after playing Unattended. - Forgot to tell you sooner.

And can you explain what services are switched off (or maybe other stuff) in Unattended.
Because I find the difference is SQ very minimal, or maybe my audio-system is not good enough.
Or because most services are switched off already.
But also have to admit that I donīt play Unattended a whole lot, but will be in future.
What are your experiences on this subject.

scratching

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
W7 Ultimate x64 Tweaked/60 GB SSD OCZ Vertex (1.50)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME/Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz/OZC Reaper 2x2GB/
Esi Juli@ soundcard (KS)(x2v-v0_978)(Tweaked Coaxial)/Nvidea Geforce 9800 GTX+/750 Watt Zalman ZM-750-HP/100 MB Fiber-Optical Internet/
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
#4Engine, Special Mode, 48 samples, SFS 12MB, DAP, Scheme=3, Q1=1, Q2/Q3/Q4/Q5=30,30,0,0, PlayerPrio=Low, ThreadPrio=Realtime
x-Allow Format Change, x-Stop Services, x-Copy to XX-drive by Standard, x-Start Engine3 During Conversion
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2009, 06:07:08 pm »

Or maybe,

Add a blue stroke (blauwe balk) in the Gallery, so you can use your toggle buttons for that.
And scroll with that, then push enter to select catagory, then push enter to select artist ,then enter to select album
Just like a simple dvd menu.

(KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid !)

Cool

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2009, 06:31:20 pm »

It does this already, I see now.
So you can use the cursor keys to do that.
It becomes really simple this way.

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
GerardA
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2009, 08:23:33 pm »

Hoi Roy,

Sorry to say but more and more manufacturers skip serial and parallel ports, because we don't use them anymore. I saw the USB-version on tweekers, but I don't want to do anything lowlevel when everything is already there, only the nice program to make it possible. Maybe Girder can do the trick but then why pay 50 dollar for such a simple thing? Other programs already have plugins for USB-remote, like DVBviewer.
I guess it is still a big secret... So for me the mobile phone is doing the trick, but not for free too.

asrock ->intel 6700/4GB/Samsung 850 SSD/Win 10() Pro /XXHE 2.09  Special (32) Clock: max ,SFS: 4  MC, Q1 = 14, Q2,3,4,5=0,0,0,2 Quad AP, No Invert / Playerprio = Belownormal / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = 3 / Mixed contigious / Unattended -> Minidsp 2x4HD (IIR and FIR)->  Mivoc AM80 / 300B / gainclone -> TDL TL/Seas Excell/ScanSpeak
Telstar
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2009, 10:36:26 pm »

Note: you can put programs to load at windows startup just putting a link to the executable in the "startup" folder of start menu. I do this with Console.

My wishlist:
-control other programs (in particular Console, i need a button to have it load my configuration setup. I think there could be a command line option, but havent had the time to investigate). In console i need with remote the on/off button (it's the best mute for me). I have big issues with my soundcard drivers if i pause or stop a track, i need to mute through console first.
-more integration with IRTrans (not sure what u need, u said that is similar to what you are doing).

For better UI of xxhe i think we have to wait for the next release. I REALLY need that longer treeview.

(2nd Apr 2018)
Software:
W10 14393 Pro x64 | XXHE 2.10 | MinOS | Q=14x1/0/0/0/0 | SFS 5,19 mixed contiguous | Nervous rate 1 | 4096k buffer |

Hardware:
OrigenAE H5 case | E5300 fanless |  8GB RAM | Winmate DC-DC fanless PSU | OS on SSD | Renesas USB3 pcie card | Belden highspeed usb cable | Audio-gd dac19 NOS with sigxer F1 | My_ref_FE mono amps | Albedo Apex speakers
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2009, 12:39:40 am »

-more integration with IRTrans (not sure what u need, u said that is similar to what you are doing).

IRTrans does things the same way like I do (just listens to incoming IR) and you need (or can use) the same prog. like IR-assistant, girder and winlirc and a dozen more you can give a try.
Only IRTrans can do more, like tranmitting a IR signal (but who needs that, a remote is transmitter), it can startup pc by remote.
Like to use remote to automate some more in future (prog or lights or security).
But IRTrans costs around 100 euros I believe.
Would rather spend that on a nice remote.
But don't trust me on this a 100%, so look for yourself.

my object was to first try this IR thing and if that doesn't work.
look for something else. - for me it does the job very well.
Really, the fun I have for 5 euros.
And when playing music I really don't need covers all over the place.(on small screens)
Just a simple remote for eq next or volume up or down .

But your audio-pc is almost finished, It becomes the center peace of your room, right?
together wih dac and rest.

I know I would really like to avoid that keyboard and mouse kinda shelf on the wall in a backbreaking position
selecting an album.
If you know what I mean.

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2009, 08:55:22 am »

Next the xx settings ???

Can you leave this out, maybe

hey guys ..

if you don't want that message box appearing why not simply 'comment' the line out within the XX.ahk script that brings it up !

Open up XX.ahk with notepad, and look for line 31 or thereabouts starting with ...

msgbox ,48,,% StartUpDir . " <<== sho

Insert ;*** at the start [note space at the end of last asterisk] and *** at the end [note space at the beginning of first asterisk], and you won't see that message again.

It should end up looking like this ..

;*** msgbox ,48,,% StartUpDir . " <<== should show your current XX folder." . chr(13) . "If not, Hot Keys work out wrongly !!" ***

See the commented lines at the start of the script to check how the syntax should look.

Cheers,

Russ

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
IR
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2009, 10:15:28 am »

THNX Calibrator  very happy (and bye bye is message box)

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2009, 10:21:57 am »

Next the xx settings ???

Can you leave this out, maybe

hey guys ..

if you don't want that message box appearing why not simply 'comment' the line out within the XX.ahk script that brings it up !

Open up XX.ahk with notepad, and look for line 31 or thereabouts starting with ...

msgbox ,48,,% StartUpDir . " <<== sho

Insert ;*** at the start [note space at the end of last asterisk] and *** at the end [note space at the beginning of first asterisk], and you won't see that message again.

It should end up looking like this ..

;*** msgbox ,48,,% StartUpDir . " <<== should show your current XX folder." . chr(13) . "If not, Hot Keys work out wrongly !!" ***

See the commented lines at the start of the script to check how the syntax should look.

Cheers,

Russ

Thanks, this works.  I can understand having the comment to help people setup hot-keys, but I don't need it anymore.

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2009, 11:17:51 am »

Hoi Roy,

Sorry to say but more and more manufacturers skip serial and parallel ports, because we don't use them anymore. I saw the USB-version on tweekers, but I don't want to do anything lowlevel when everything is already there, only the nice program to make it possible. Maybe Girder can do the trick but then why pay 50 dollar for such a simple thing? Other programs already have plugins for USB-remote, like DVBviewer.
I guess it is still a big secret... So for me the mobile phone is doing the trick, but not for free too.

Yep, you are right about the serial ports, just checked lots of of newer motherboards and its not looking good.
But if USB remote can do the job its good also, right!
Its works just the same only hardware is different

Did spend some time in your WiFi solution, but didn't get it.
How to make this work, and how to select for eg. an album or next (what do you see on your phone display and how to select things).
Would like to try also, but whats needed. (hardware-wise).
And how to set it up.

Grtz

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
IR
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2009, 03:04:18 pm »

Now using cursor keys from keyboard to scrolls thru gallery with remote.
This works really nice.

But there is one problem:

When I am at the end of the gallery tree, how to select an album from there???

Try this yourself use cursor-keys (←↕→) to go thru your gallery you will run stuck at the end. (imagine this is by remote)
How to select an album,

And I thing more GALLERY TEKST IS TO SMALL to use your tv or 17'' for example
Don't say it must be bigger. (or maybe adjusting screen settings or fonts in windows settings)
But just thinking about how to integrate this in my livingroom later on.

Roy

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
Telstar
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2009, 03:10:22 pm »

Don't say it must be bigger.
But just thinking about how to intergrate this in my livingroom later on.

Roy

Agreed. Also the explorer treeview text is too small... hmm all xxhe text is too small Wink

(2nd Apr 2018)
Software:
W10 14393 Pro x64 | XXHE 2.10 | MinOS | Q=14x1/0/0/0/0 | SFS 5,19 mixed contiguous | Nervous rate 1 | 4096k buffer |

Hardware:
OrigenAE H5 case | E5300 fanless |  8GB RAM | Winmate DC-DC fanless PSU | OS on SSD | Renesas USB3 pcie card | Belden highspeed usb cable | Audio-gd dac19 NOS with sigxer F1 | My_ref_FE mono amps | Albedo Apex speakers
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2009, 03:13:48 pm »

Don't say it must be bigger.
But just thinking about how to intergrate this in my livingroom later on.

Roy

Agreed. Also the explorer treeview text is too small... hmm all xxhe text is too small Wink

Thats what I ment to say Wink

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
Telstar
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2009, 03:19:21 pm »

IRTrans does things the same way like I do (just listens to incoming IR) and you need (or can use) the same prog. like IR-assistant, girder and winlirc and a dozen more you can give a try.
Only IRTrans can do more, like tranmitting a IR signal (but who needs that, a remote is transmitter), it can startup pc by remote.
Like to use remote to automate some more in future (prog or lights or security).

Gotcha.
I really need to install all and see what it can do. Maybe i dont need your help to do what i need with Console.

But IRTrans costs around 100 euros I believe.
Would rather spend that on a nice remote.

Harmony are good, i have their ex top of the line (bougth used). But for my next universal remote, I think i'll go for something else. Reason: the keys are bit wacko. two went off, glueing stuck them, but the other keys work fine. Until i find something really better. I'm aiming for an OLED touchscreen, also with better ergonomics.

But your audio-pc is almost finished, It becomes the center peace of your room, right?
together wih dac and rest.

That's the goal Happy
Need to improve the speakers before DAC.

I know I would really like to avoid that keyboard and mouse kinda shelf on the wall in a backbreaking position
selecting an album.
If you know what I mean.

I can almost do w/o keyboard.

But the mouse... still need it. About mice:
I have the mouse on a small table, where the monitor sits now. I just hate to get the mouse in my hands to do things. Besides the cordless desktop set mouse is of LOW quality. double click precision sucks. But I'm TOO WELL used to the awesome steelseries ikari. Been a fan of logitech mice in the past. Not anymore. NOTHING compares to the Ikari. I forgive them the first one that had a microcontroller problem and that i had to rma. Replacement is working totally flawless for over a year now.

(2nd Apr 2018)
Software:

Hardware:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: