XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 03:58:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WiFi Remote  (Read 87020 times)
GerardA
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2009, 09:43:22 pm »

Hoi Roy

Did spend some time in your WiFi solution, but didn't get it.
How to make this work, and how to select for eg. an album or next (what do you see on your phone display and how to select things).
Would like to try also, but whats needed. (hardware-wise).
And how to set it up.

First you install the demo of salling clicker on your PC and select the phone you are going to use. The software makes an installscript for your phone which you install and follow the directions. On your phone you start the new program and this will connect through wifi to a pc you choose. By installing the extra script in the 'my scripts' directory you can add extra options to the menu inside sallingclicker which you will see on the phone. On the phone you get the menu with all the options peter gave us, like 'volume up ^ and next > '. It depends on your phone if the layout looks good and fits the display.

When you click a key you see the command on your screen and XX reacts the way it is supposed to.
Other menu options are moving the mouse and zooming in and out, and much more.
Only problem is it cost you $24 after one month, and of course everybody needs a phone to control the pc.
I like how it works but don't use it much yet  Wink
I want something to control all the programs/options like you do with your tv. And which can be used by the rest of the family too!

asrock ->intel 6700/4GB/Samsung 850 SSD/Win 10() Pro /XXHE 2.09  Special (32) Clock: max ,SFS: 4  MC, Q1 = 14, Q2,3,4,5=0,0,0,2 Quad AP, No Invert / Playerprio = Belownormal / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = 3 / Mixed contigious / Unattended -> Minidsp 2x4HD (IIR and FIR)->  Mivoc AM80 / 300B / gainclone -> TDL TL/Seas Excell/ScanSpeak
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

There's Nothing So Dated As Yesterdays Future

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2009, 11:20:53 am »

oh yes,

The schematics

* Capture.JPG (22.83 KB, 430x206 - viewed 1387 times.)
* winlirc-0.6.5.zip (118.77 KB - downloaded 464 times.)
* SetupIRAssistant.exe (1366.41 KB - downloaded 462 times.)
* ira_lirc.dll.zip (28.09 KB - downloaded 410 times.)

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
W7 Ultimate x64 Tweaked/60 GB SSD OCZ Vertex (1.50)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME/Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz/OZC Reaper 2x2GB/
Esi Juli@ soundcard (KS)(x2v-v0_978)(Tweaked Coaxial)/Nvidea Geforce 9800 GTX+/750 Watt Zalman ZM-750-HP/100 MB Fiber-Optical Internet/
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
#4Engine, Special Mode, 48 samples, SFS 12MB, DAP, Scheme=3, Q1=1, Q2/Q3/Q4/Q5=30,30,0,0, PlayerPrio=Low, ThreadPrio=Realtime
x-Allow Format Change, x-Stop Services, x-Copy to XX-drive by Standard, x-Start Engine3 During Conversion
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
IR
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2009, 03:01:24 am »

Some info about IR via USB:

Also USB remote:
http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1059735/0

and

http://www.irtrans.de/en/shop/usb.php

It works all the same with the same software.
So if you don't have a serial port use USB then.

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
W7 Ultimate x64 Tweaked/60 GB SSD OCZ Vertex (1.50)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME/Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz/OZC Reaper 2x2GB/
Esi Juli@ soundcard (KS)(x2v-v0_978)(Tweaked Coaxial)/Nvidea Geforce 9800 GTX+/750 Watt Zalman ZM-750-HP/100 MB Fiber-Optical Internet/
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
#4Engine, Special Mode, 48 samples, SFS 12MB, DAP, Scheme=3, Q1=1, Q2/Q3/Q4/Q5=30,30,0,0, PlayerPrio=Low, ThreadPrio=Realtime
x-Allow Format Change, x-Stop Services, x-Copy to XX-drive by Standard, x-Start Engine3 During Conversion
GerardA
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2009, 07:34:12 pm »

Hi Roi,

I found what I was looking for at :
http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm

My MCE-remote over USB can use a program called HIP the same way as winlirc/irtrans etc...

I'll try and see if I get this working with XX.
An MCE-remote is quite cheap, is included with USB-receiver and works with all modern PC's.

asrock ->intel 6700/4GB/Samsung 850 SSD/Win 10() Pro /XXHE 2.09  Special (32) Clock: max ,SFS: 4  MC, Q1 = 14, Q2,3,4,5=0,0,0,2 Quad AP, No Invert / Playerprio = Belownormal / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = 3 / Mixed contigious / Unattended -> Minidsp 2x4HD (IIR and FIR)->  Mivoc AM80 / 300B / gainclone -> TDL TL/Seas Excell/ScanSpeak
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2009, 10:34:03 am »

Gerard, I think you are up for a prize ...
I will get an MCE remote myself and see how far it brings me (without Girder or HIP etc.).

Roy, a few days ago I created a somewhat longer post which tried to tell you in a nice way (can I ? swoon) that serial is just not the route. I didn't post it afterall, because, well, there wasn't another good solution and I sure did not want to spoil your motivation which is VERY much appreciated, if not by others then by me. You know, this is -so far- a typicle subject I couldn't solve myself.

Gerard, don't spoil your day at trying, while I possibly can see more easily what is going on. But might you have some experience by now (did you sleep tonight ?) don't hesitate to spit it out.

Thank you all !
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Telstar
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2009, 12:08:06 pm »

Roy, a few days ago I created a somewhat longer post which tried to tell you in a nice way (can I ? swoon) that serial is just not the route. I didn't post it afterall, because, well, there wasn't another good solution and I sure did not want to spoil your motivation which is VERY much appreciated, if not by others then by me. You know, this is -so far- a typicle subject I couldn't solve myself.

If he makes the IRTrans (which is usb) work, i think is all good, isnt it?
The IRTrans is of course MCE compatible. 2+2= ?

(2nd Apr 2018)
Software:
W10 14393 Pro x64 | XXHE 2.10 | MinOS | Q=14x1/0/0/0/0 | SFS 5,19 mixed contiguous | Nervous rate 1 | 4096k buffer |

Hardware:
OrigenAE H5 case | E5300 fanless |  8GB RAM | Winmate DC-DC fanless PSU | OS on SSD | Renesas USB3 pcie card | Belden highspeed usb cable | Audio-gd dac19 NOS with sigxer F1 | My_ref_FE mono amps | Albedo Apex speakers
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2009, 12:19:12 pm »

Hey all,

Would like to see a solution for all people here,
Hope we can control xx, from a standalone pc, without using a key board or mouse.

If it can be done by USB with MCE remote, fine with me.
But the integration with xx, still needs improvement. (like selecting an album) Wink
Hope you can find a way to integrate this in xx.

So IR it is!

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2009, 12:24:15 pm »

If he makes the IRTrans (which is usb) work, i think is all good, isnt it?
The IRTrans is of course MCE compatible. 2+2= ?

Btw Telstar IRTrans can also do TCP serving

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2009, 12:27:10 pm »

The major problem is that there is more than one variable, and it is hard to recognize. But I slowly learn myself. One of them (well, I think) is that the protocol must be RC6.
Another is the USB receiver itself, of which I still don't know whether that can matter. But of course, once I have something running, that will be clear within seconds (how many do I have by now ?? heat).

Now, because of the pure misery of not being able to get a complete set (remote + receiver) - which btw for Vista is produced by Philips - I ended up with this : http://www.nedis.nl/datasheets/MANUAL_CMP-MEDIAREM11_COMP.PDF which should all work the same (yea, should) but with the advantage of RF and 30m reach (and I think it will shut off the microwave at using it Happy).

The most official combo will be this : http://www.informatique.nl/412473/philips-rc1974506-remote-control-mce.html and this : http://www.informatique.nl/651756/philips-ovu412000-ir-receiver.html (so, get those and compatibility is guaranteed) but rather expensive *BUT* also including a transmitter. Stupid thing is - and what I get from it - those remotes being able to power on/of the TV should all have a transmitter, or otherwise it wouldn't be possible. Yeah right. But most remotes don't even come with a receiver, let alone a transmitter. You can fairly easu get completely crazy of this all. Look at that Mediarem11 ... now try to find ONE webshop that explicitly tells the receiver is included. I couldn't. All these stupid shops copy that one standard text, and even in other languages it is the same (though translated). The receiver is included allright, once you have a close look at the package.

I don't know anymore how many hours I have spend on this, but I hope the last 4 just passed this morning. I should have that König fairly soon (could be tomorrow, or otherwise the day after), and as said, as soon as one set is working I (we) will be able to discern the variables (hmm ... maybe then it is not the best idea to start with an RF receiver...).

For those already owning an MCE remote (of which I'm fairly sure it can't be the "XP" one), the info in here may be as useful as the info Gerard put through earlier : http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MCE_Remote
Note that this too explains about WinLirc and things.

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2009, 12:37:03 pm »

WinLirc  has a function called "RAW CODES" to see if any IR is being received.

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2009, 12:38:46 pm »

But the integration with xx, still needs improvement. (like selecting an album) Wink
Hope you can find a way to integrate this in xx.

You can bet it will be the first thing I do myself, once I have one going.

Btw Telstar IRTrans can also do TCP serving

Yea, that's what I thought. So here is your safety net, because the TCP thing is there too (XXTCPServ). Well, assumed IRTrans is common software (and I recall it is, because I installed that at some time, and although it comes with the IRTrans hardware (too expensive IMO) the software is written by (IIRC) some German who just liked to do it. But here we go again ... will that work with the IRTrans hardware only ? does it RC6 ? will it work with an USB RF receiver (the latter I guess so).

To keep in mind for those who really want to exploit this once the first steps have been taken : Don't underestimate the power of a transceiver (= receiver + transmitter); Once you have that on the PC side, your PC will be able to control just everything, and in the exact way YOU like. Thus, you aim your remote at the PC receiver, some program (script) turns that into what you want, and sends it out through the room, all your devices waiting for IR commands, similar to what e.g. a Harmony can do. In this case, however, you are in complete control. So, if you think you may want something like this, be sure to have a transceiver instead of a receiver alone (like the Philips I showed in the before post).

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
GerardA
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2009, 08:23:35 pm »

Another interesting link:

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-server-suite-irss-165/ir-server-suite-version-1-4-2-test-build-3018-a-33512/

This IR-serversuite seems to work with a lot of different remotes and can send codes to the transceiver.
Only 96 pages to read through....

BTW Your thinking of an OSD-menu to help with the remote-commands?  Wink

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2009, 11:53:13 pm »

Yes, that for sure slipped my mind. Happy

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2009, 01:03:50 pm »

Now, because of the pure misery of not being able to get a complete set (remote + receiver) - which btw for Vista is produced by Philips - I ended up with this : http://www.nedis.nl/datasheets/MANUAL_CMP-MEDIAREM11_COMP.PDF which should all work the same (yea, should) but with the advantage of RF and 30m reach (and I think it will shut off the microwave at using it ).

The most official combo will be this : http://www.informatique.nl/412473/philips-rc1974506-remote-control-mce.html and this : http://www.informatique.nl/651756/philips-ovu412000-ir-receiver.html (so, get those and compatibility is guaranteed) but rather expensive *BUT* also including a transmitter.

Hmm ... I don't know where I got that "rather expensive" from, because remote + transceiver are EUR 25 together (the König is EUR 37) incl. VAT.

Well, in order not be in lack of remotes at any time I ordered both, and the mail man just brought them. So let's see what can be done with them.
Btw, the König looks very nice and slick, while the Philips is plastic.
The König comes with a driver CD which says "This driver is for using the character input for your remote, please install it before using Windows XP MCE / and Windows Vista Home Premium and Vista Ultimate". I don't know what that means, but I guess I start with the König ...

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2009, 01:11:10 pm »

Good Luck,

But it is rewarding!

* radiation.jpg (6.11 KB, 138x138 - viewed 1218 times.)

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: