XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 09:22:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Version 0.9y-1 feedback  (Read 77344 times)
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 11:17:02 am »

Russ, if you can copy this behaviour, it would be the most helpful if you could try 0.9y again. If you switch On the OSD Running Time it just works (that must be how Johan got the old version working). Don't show Coverart will let it work too I guess (might be needed for Attended).

I have the HTPC running the 0.9y-a version , and just played a 24/96 album of Zoot Sims & Al Cohn, in unattended mode.

I unticked all the CoverArt boxes and have ticks in all the Services and OSD boxes, together with unticked Start Engine3 during conversion.
Needless to say no coverart appeared but it did start.

It has just played the complete album from start to finish, however, a few times throughout, maybe 3 or 4 , there was a brief pause in sound .. something around 1/4 to 1/2 second at a guess.

I shall continue testing.

Russ

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
JohanZ
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 11:28:39 am »

After starting XX and selecting the last track of a album in unattended mode, then every new album starts with that first track.Closing and starting XX then all plays OK! Same behaviour in attended mode.

XXHE Ver: 209/MSI Z87M, i7 4770K Hyperthreading On (8 cores) @ 1,2 GHz, 32GB, Windows 10-14393.0 from RAM / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = *30*/-/1/1/1 Q1Factor = *40* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15 / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *20.19* (max 120) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = *Core3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback / UnAttended (Just Start) / All Services Off / WallPaper On/ No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / XTweaks : *Use Settings* - *43,1, 1, 1, 1* / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable/ Octo Arc Prediction Upsampling / -> USB3 -> Clairixa-Itona-Clairixa ->24/768 PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 , Driver v1.0.4b (*16ms*) -> Blaxius BNC interconnects ->Audion Silver Knight 300B-> Speakers CornScala
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 11:31:22 am »

Next album: Ahmad Jamal ~ It's Magic.

Same settings as above, though this time I put a tick in show wallpaper.

When the GUI disappeared the coverart appeared but NO sound forthcoming. I let it sit like that for a minute or so, then ALT-X to get GUI back and the slider progress bar had advanced to halfway thru the track, which suggests Engine3 is doing something at least. I closed the GUI without doing anything else and after what i thought should have been enough time for the first track to complete, brought up the GUI again. The progress slider was now at the start but track one on the playlist was still highlighted in blue.

Time for some logging Peter ??

Russ

Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

There's Nothing So Dated As Yesterdays Future

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 11:31:51 am »

Roy, can it be so that when you expect things to play, XXEngine3.exe is running indeed with just very low memory ? (check TaskManager);
This is what I saw myself yesterday at the attempt I reverted (and just talked about). If so, I'll have a small clue to start with ...

Did a clean install of xx
Nop, XXEngine3.exe is not running,
And when pressing play it takes about 10-12 sec to see the unicode file in the xx folder
also coverart appears very slow (in the right black field of xx)

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
W7 Ultimate x64 Tweaked/60 GB SSD OCZ Vertex (1.50)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME/Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz/OZC Reaper 2x2GB/
Esi Juli@ soundcard (KS)(x2v-v0_978)(Tweaked Coaxial)/Nvidea Geforce 9800 GTX+/750 Watt Zalman ZM-750-HP/100 MB Fiber-Optical Internet/
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
#4Engine, Special Mode, 48 samples, SFS 12MB, DAP, Scheme=3, Q1=1, Q2/Q3/Q4/Q5=30,30,0,0, PlayerPrio=Low, ThreadPrio=Realtime
x-Allow Format Change, x-Stop Services, x-Copy to XX-drive by Standard, x-Start Engine3 During Conversion
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 11:41:17 am »

Next album: Ahmad Jamal ~ It's Magic.

Same settings as above, though this time I put a tick in show wallpaper.

When the GUI disappeared the coverart appeared but NO sound forthcoming. I let it sit like that for a minute or so, then ALT-X to get GUI back and the slider progress bar had advanced to halfway thru the track, which suggests Engine3 is doing something at least. I closed the GUI without doing anything else and after what i thought should have been enough time for the first track to complete, brought up the GUI again. The progress slider was now at the start but track one on the playlist was still highlighted in blue.

Time for some logging Peter ??

Russ

Still seems a bit of hit and miss getting the Ahmad Jamal tracks to start. Stopping and starting XXHE and requesting , say track 3, might be successful. Another attempt might be greeted with silence.

I think there needs to be some structured testing to all of this.

Peter ??? Let us know what you want done specifically ( ie. which boxes to tick and which not ) if that helps.

Russ

====================
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 12:18:12 pm »

After starting XX and selecting the last track of a album in unattended mode, then every new album starts with that first track.Closing and starting XX then all plays OK! Same behaviour in attended mode.

Hey Johan, for you too, much appreciated.

I assume you are using the Copy to XX-Drive setting, right ? if so, that was to be expected (not intended of course, but I knew). If not ... then I don't understand, so far.

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 01:22:08 pm »

Russ, I have no clues. One thing though slips my mind :
For 0.9y(a) I yesterday found a bug that indeed won't let start XXEngine3 when a Selection is played (highlight the tracks wanted in the Playlist Area) in the situation that "Start Engine3 during conversion" is unticked. This is solved for 0.9y-1 but maybe not good ?

Anyway, all my own testing has always been with that checkbox ticked, so maybe if you all have it unticked - the problem lays there somewhere. So, to exclude that as a potential problem, please have that box ticked.

then ALT-X to get GUI back and the slider progress bar had advanced to halfway thru the track, which suggests Engine3 is doing something at least

It only tells that Engine3 at least started (and not that it played through the track). Btw, this would be contradictionary to what I just said, because then XXEngine won't start at all (which would be more compliant to what Roy experiences).

Allright, a long shot which would explain everything in one go :

I am using Vista SP1, which might be important here. Roy is using W7 (thus, different);
Maybe two weeks ago I found a bug in Vista (could be SP1 only) regarding the priorities of threads (a thread is a process started from another process and it runs in parallel to the process which started it). The bug in brief explained : if the thread's priority is changed, the priority of the calling process went along with it. This is only half of the truth, because the priority of the calling process just went idle. This can not be seen in TaskManager, but the program can capture it. Uhhm worse, the capturing of this already was in the program, because I use it to determine statuses. Now :

Summarized, this calling process is the audio engine itself, and that is the one receiving the idle status. This will not say it won't move anymore, but I use that to "know" other things can be done ect., and "worse" I stop the processing explicitly in the audio engine (think of : "you say you do nothing, allright, then I make you do some other stuff in between").

As said, at finding this I could tweak it, but this tweaking may a. anticipate too much on situations I found myself by accident (think of pressing alt-u coincidentally when a track was about to change), b. appeared not to be of the most importance because it actually goes unnoticed ... until you change the color of the OSD in some stage and *then* you say "this can't be right" (like it turns green and stays like that forever (see Release Notes), BUT c. ... the fact that it goes unnoticed is very much depending on the system, further load *and* the priority settings themselves.

I use idle (or lowest) for PlayerPrio and real time for ThreadPrio, and I see Roy using a kind of opposite (and counterproductive, but that is his choice).

Since this is a bug in the OS, it is very dangerous to work with. The bug may be in all OS versions, it may be worse in W7, or ... (and I expect something like that really) it is the higher intelligence of Bill Gates and a functional mechanism to arrange for thread switching at appropriate times. On this matter, the fact that Roy has High for PlayerPrio, might incur *earlier* for other threads to go idle. And keep in mind : this won't harm much if you can't hear it anyway (no dropouts, whatever), but I use the state ... (your'e idle, go somewhere else) and *that* means death.

As I said, it is a long shot, but would be an explanation for things I just can't explain otherwise at this time. For 0.9y-1 yes, anything can happen because it really requires more testing with the changes I put through yesterday, although the things not working for Roy just should because I tested at least that, but the 0.9ya things ... they are beyond me.

Anyway, in this stage it sure can't harm to provide log files where possible. Btw, if it is indeed about my long shot, the log files will not help particularly much. It is in the coding though (especially for this), but inactive (because it is in the middle of the audio engine). So if necessary I can make a version which has that active (not to use for listening).

Lastly, for those who want to help, explicitly or implicitly, please do NOT use 0.9y-1 because that version is expected to s*ck anyway, and it can't/won't stay. Only with 0.9ya (attached a few posts back) I can judge well. Please read the instructions in that post on how to operate it, and additionally switch "Start Engine3 during conversion" On.
(http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=872.msg6764#msg6764)

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 01:54:12 pm »

Just installed 0.9ya,

same problem (won't start)
But maybe I keep out of the way for now,
because using W7.

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
W7 Ultimate x64 Tweaked/60 GB SSD OCZ Vertex (1.50)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME/Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz/OZC Reaper 2x2GB/
Esi Juli@ soundcard (KS)(x2v-v0_978)(Tweaked Coaxial)/Nvidea Geforce 9800 GTX+/750 Watt Zalman ZM-750-HP/100 MB Fiber-Optical Internet/
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
#4Engine, Special Mode, 48 samples, SFS 12MB, DAP, Scheme=3, Q1=1, Q2/Q3/Q4/Q5=30,30,0,0, PlayerPrio=Low, ThreadPrio=Realtime
x-Allow Format Change, x-Stop Services, x-Copy to XX-drive by Standard, x-Start Engine3 During Conversion
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 03:33:15 pm »

Anyway, in this stage it sure can't harm to provide log files where possible.

I shall continue my quest in the morning. Have been up since 5am this morning and my eyes are hanging out of my head.

sleeping sleeping sleeping

Russ

====================
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 04:11:16 pm »

The stupid thing is ... I don't even know what to do on my side ...

And Roy, thank you too. Btw, I never said you should stop because you're on W7, because that should work just the same. BUT WHY DOES IT NOT ??
It may sound (oops) strange, but the most decent part should be the "filtering", or IOW, tick Quattro, Upsample and AA (not Double !! there's no code behind that yet). With 0.9ya that is. Not 0.9y-1.

For others ... I don't hear much from you, but is there anyone *without* problems ? ... this is as important to know !

Thank you all,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 04:38:42 pm »

Did as you asked,

But again nothing,

But there are now 3 files in xx folder nl. UnicodeTrack0001.wav, UnicodeTrack0001a.wav and HelperFile0001.wav.
Is this normal (never used this combo)?

Still enjoying previous version:

I was listening music for a while and thought something was wrong with it.
And checked.
And yes, processor core scheme was on "no appointment"
(on 0.9x-7 version, that is)

Is there anyone else, that can check on W7, Please! or Vista, to help Peter to help us!

Still have to do a new install of W7, because it was installed on corrupted RAM.
Hardware and BIOS settings are now 100%.(Yes I found the culpit)
Did hard labour and stressing for a week.

Don't have any problems, but just to be sure

* XX-20090813-161828.log (5.95 KB - downloaded 371 times.)

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 05:23:06 pm »

Hey Roy. Thanks.

Ok, Below there's a 0.9y-1a, containing XXHighend.exe only. Please install this over either 0.9y-1 or 0.9ya. This is the latest version again, but some 50 log lines have been added around the area where it stops for you. If possible use the same settings as the last time, although it is not crucial. Grab the log file in the same situation/status as the previous one. Do you want to do this ?

I'm sure something will come from it ...
But what.

* XXHighEnd-09-y1a.zip (512 KB - downloaded 353 times.)

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 05:41:44 pm »

Again Nothing,

But no logs either

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 05:43:23 pm »

No, nothing will change for results. Just new log lines ... after you switched that on (it's default off Happy)

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 06:02:20 pm »

Yes,

Got it.

2 logs same settings same cd - different xxhighend.exe

So forget previous logs in this matter.

* XX-20090813-175052.log (29.17 KB - downloaded 353 times.)
* XX-20090813-175336.log (23.25 KB - downloaded 379 times.)

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: