XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 09:43:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buglist as per September 13, 2007  (Read 45925 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: September 14, 2007, 12:46:30 am »

All,

At some stage we'd have to present an official release;
I want to do that with a version which does not contain disturbing bugs. But do I know them all ?

Below is the list as I know it. If there is more, please feel free to add, but more importantly, please try to eleborate on how to copy the behaviour concerned at will.
Let's say I aim for the beginning of November (2007 Happy) for a 1.00 version. A few new features will need be added for that too, but that's another story.

• Won't run on Vista/64. (*)
    Solved in 0.9v-1
  • A-B playing (repeating a selection) not implemented yet
    Solved in 0.9w-2
  • Under Engine #3 only the "Primary Device" can produce sound (same with Engine#2 but that will not change).
    Solved in 0.9x-5
  • Playlists cannot be copied to other PCs on the network, hence the drive references -as currently used instead of Computernames- will be wrong then. (*)
  • Similarly, Playlists can be use locally only (from the install directory of XX). (*)
  • Though the Properties area suggests otherwise (Info tab), currently only 2 channel 44K1 16 bit stereo playback is supported. (*)
    Solved in 0.9u later versions (but still only 2 channel (stereo) is supported)
  • The currently playing track, eventually will move out of (under) the Playlist area (depending on the length of the Playlist).
    Solved in 0.9m
  • When the Q1 slider is set to 0, that position is not remembered at the next startup. This bug was introduced with version 0.9k.
    Solved in 0.9l
  • When a track is playing and the Playlist Area is cleared (Clear button), following by dragging in new tracks, the playing track may be the next playing (instead of the second track)
    Solved in 0.9l.
  • Not more than one track at the time can be removed from the Playlist area by means of dragging to the Delete button.
    Solved in 0.9t-0.
  • There's no running time visible.
  • The possibility exists that an Activation Code of "0" is received. So far this happened once only (even today). In the end this is no problem because the Code can be sent manually.
  • Startup of XXHighEnd from double-click on a WAV file in Explorer does not work (may be too difficult to solve without the official Install, which is intended to stay as it is).
  • Only folder.jpg files are supported for coverart currently. This should be folder.jpeg as well.
    Solved in 0.9t-0.
  • Edit as per http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=184.msg1076#msg1076 : Moving tracks within the Playlist Area produces an error (the moving itself is okay). This bug was introduced in the 0.9k version.
    Solved in 0.9l
  • Edit as per http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=184.msg1077#msg1077 : Cue File tracks won't play gapless when the album folder (or higher up) contains diacritical marks, because of the whole album reloading at each track in this case (diacritical marks).
    Solved in 0.9t-2.
  • When a "Cue File" album is loaded in the Playlist Area, and during playing Clear is pressed, the large WAV file appears as the playing track, instead of the currently playing real track (and (untested) further playing most probably goes wrong).
    Solved in 0.9t-6.
  • Edit Cracks may emerge with the Inverted Phase checkbox checked.
    Solved in 0.9lb.
  • Edit At random a next track won't play (Engine#3) and a message "Engine#3 did not start within the expected time" may (!) follow.
    Solved in 0.9m-1.
  • Edit Selected tracks in the Playlist Area are meant to be played as a subselection from the listed tracks. Currently as soon as the first (or a next) track starts playing, all the others are deselecetd.
    Solved in 0.9t-6.
  • Edit It can happen (Engine#3) that a track with diacritical marks won't play because of a wrong internal format; the result is that from then on no tracks with diacritical marks will play (#3 engine stopped working).
    Solved in 0.9o.
  • Edit FLAC and MP3 Albums and Tracks cannot be searched for in the Library Area.
    Solved in 0.9t-0.
  • Edit When during playback another (bunch of) track(s) is loaded into the Playlist Area from the Library Area (so probably only when done like that) a message "No Track given" can occur when the next track should play from the Playlist.
    Solved in 0.9t-6.
  • Edit The Next and Prev buttons can not be used in a fast manner at tracks which need conversion (like FLAC/MP3).
  • Edit When the Library button is used during playback to get tracks into the Playlist Area, and the Open File Dialog is open at the moment a next track should start playing, it will not, and instead a message "No Track given" will be showed. (*)
  • Edit Cue file tracks can't be put individually in a Galery. This is apparent in the Playlist Area and rightclick -> Add to Galery, resulting in the whole Cue Album being in the Galery.

(*) Probably won't be solved in the 1.00 version. It will be dealt with later.

Please note that I derived the above mainly from using Vista/Engine#3 and it has been many months since I used XP.
I'd like to urge you to go to Vista anyway, because it is so much better for SQ (with Engine#3) *and* it will be the platform for further developments.

Anyway, if you have bugs or otherwise of which you think it should prevent an official version, please add it below. I'll make the list up to date with them.
Note that upgrades will be free forever, unless a new major release pops up (like 2.xx). Currently this is not planned (hence no new features planned that would justify a new major release).

Thanks a bunch,
Peter
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 08:49:43 am by PeterSt » Logged

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Gerner
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 08:17:49 am »

• XX didn't start within expected time = Doesn't go to next track on the playlist

Gerner

Vista-Ultimate PC  -> XX version very old  -> USB -> CrazyT..soon NOS1
Troubleless playback.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:52:07 am »

• XX didn't start within expected time = Doesn't go to next track on the playlist

Gerner

When / since when / how often does this happen ?

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Gerner
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 10:29:32 am »

Well, Peter it happens....but seems to me it's more related to my HDD's temporarely slow com with the LT.

Today I go high speed com between the HDDs and the LT. I'll watch up for the phenomenon and report.

It is not neccesarely related to long tracks. It happened also to tracks not bigger than 25 MB.

Ohh...while writing I remember I have only 1 GB RAM, but have an extra 1 GB liying around not in use. I can plug those in if it's related to that?

Gerner Wink

Troubleless playback.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 10:49:13 am »

For Vista 1GB ... it is the minimum. I mean, without loading WAV files it already would be.

But, your culprit will be more in the area of the HDDs which might have fallen asleep. I don't know though whether that can be the case in your sitution. If you can find power management properties for your *internal* harddisk (somewhere) you'd know what to look for with the USB (?) disks. Do find things in this sequence because if there's no power management possible for the USB (?) disks, you won't see anything. So you'd have to see how it looks like first (on the internal HDD).

Note that -if this indeed is the culprit- I could extend the "waiting time" for the data, but in the end this does not help you. It will imply "no gapless", which is not what you'd want. So you just have to solve the problem.
By heart, the current waiting time is 9 seconds or so, and this 9 seconds includes the full loading of the track. Thus, if that would take (for e.g. a full CD = 700MB) more, then you won't overcome the problem anyway. But since it happens with 25MB tracks also, it must be something like described in the above.
Btw, note that the message that Engine#3 did not start in the expected time appears 60 seconds after the first attempt. This is inconsistent with the 9 seconds mentioned earlier, but the 60 seconds is there because there can be other reasons for a wait time longer than 9 seconds, not related to your problem. So this is just background informattion.

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Gerner
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 11:00:10 am »

Peter, Thanks.

I think, (my memmory is short - my HDD's are long, hopefully haha), that is related to my stupid use of my new HDD's which are designed for ethernet com and forced to go USB com. My load speed here in this mode is as low as 5MB/s.
That will be changed to day to 80 MB/s or so.

I can't remember if I had this message before I swoped to the new discs? I think I had? But....

So as soon as I go high speed here again and the message eventual occour, I shall check up further upon it.

Gerner

Troubleless playback.
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 04:53:20 pm »

Btw, note that the message that Engine#3 did not start in the expected time appears 60 seconds after the first attempt. This is inconsistent with the 9 seconds mentioned earlier, but the 60 seconds is there because there can be other reasons for a wait time longer than 9 seconds, not related to your problem. So this is just background informattion.

I have that message rather often lately...no idea when this happens either (random as I can't repeat it on the same playlist)

Bert

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

XX settings basically similar to PeterSt's
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 05:05:28 pm »

• Only folder.jpg files are supported for coverart currently. This should be folder.jpeg as well.

Regarding the cover art it would be nice to be able to stretch the player even more so that I can show the cover art larger than possible now. Most of my jpg's are 500x500 pixels...and it would look nice if all not needed information could be hided behind one of the tabs (more space left for the cover art and playlist.

I only need to see the real player functions like Play, Pause, Next, Previous, Stop and the playlist menu, the rest is just a one time setting or doesn't work (not implemented yet)...

The UnDemo tab (or any other "useless") one can be removed too after the player is activated.

A version 1.0 should look finished or clean (all shown functions should at least work properly).

Bert

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

Gerner
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 08:30:30 pm »

For Vista 1GB ... it is the minimum. I mean, without loading WAV files it already would be.

But, your culprit will be more in the area of the HDDs which might have fallen asleep. I don't know though whether that can be the case in your sitution. If you can find power management properties for your *internal* harddisk (somewhere) you'd know what to look for with the USB (?) disks. Do find things in this sequence because if there's no power management possible for the USB (?) disks, you won't see anything. So you'd have to see how it looks like first (on the internal HDD).

Note that -if this indeed is the culprit- I could extend the "waiting time" for the data, but in the end this does not help you. It will imply "no gapless", which is not what you'd want. So you just have to solve the problem.
By heart, the current waiting time is 9 seconds or so, and this 9 seconds includes the full loading of the track. Thus, if that would take (for e.g. a full CD = 700MB) more, then you won't overcome the problem anyway. But since it happens with 25MB tracks also, it must be something like described in the above.

Peter

Hi Peter

Got more speed here with GigabitEthernet, but it did not change anything.

The #3 engine just reports it stopped because it didn't receive date in expected time.

I will now have to follow your advice too look for what happened in the HDD's. Did they fall to sleep due the tracks were too boring music?

Gerner

Troubleless playback.
JohanZ
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 09:20:58 pm »

Hi Peter,

When I was listening to Erik Trufazz I got very loud cracks, .............When I switched the Inverted fase off, the cracks where gone. I have tested 0.9i-1 with the same result.

Still in 0.9k the Loud cracks!!!!

Other suggestions:
  • Memorizing the selected output;
  • Remote controle of XXHighEnd;
  • Layout suggestion, see attachment.

Regards, Johan

* XX_voorstel.jpg (92.52 KB, 1124x795 - viewed 863 times.)

XXHE Ver: 209/MSI Z87M, i7 4770K Hyperthreading On (8 cores) @ 1,2 GHz, 32GB, Windows 10-14393.0 from RAM / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = *30*/-/1/1/1 Q1Factor = *40* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15 / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *20.19* (max 120) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = *Core3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback / UnAttended (Just Start) / All Services Off / WallPaper On/ No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / XTweaks : *Use Settings* - *43,1, 1, 1, 1* / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable/ Octo Arc Prediction Upsampling / -> USB3 -> Clairixa-Itona-Clairixa ->24/768 PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 , Driver v1.0.4b (*16ms*) -> Blaxius BNC interconnects ->Audion Silver Knight 300B-> Speakers CornScala
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 09:38:57 pm »

Hi Johan,

As I told you some time ago (PM) ... I won't forget your good efforts on this ...

But on the cracks ... could you by some means send me the (or a) track you have problems with by email ?
I will be responsible for unauthorized copying ... (for those who might be interested in it whistle)

If the file is too large, you might cut it ?

Memorizing the selected output

It's already on the list.

Thanks,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
LydMekk
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 11:04:27 pm »

I wish for playback of bigger files than 64MB in Engine #1. My opsys of choice is still XP Pro and will be that for some time. As an IT Technician, Vista has so many problems/flaws still that it will be a long time before I will install it. Typical playback length of  e.g. Gregorian Chorus songs is often around 7-8-9 minutes in length.

So, XP Pro it is. And in XP the best SQ from the player is in Engine #1 with 44.1Khz output digitally to an external DAC. A little troublesome with the "can't play files bigger than 64MB" error message, click to remove it and start on the next song.

Should not think that increasing the max file size to e.g. 128 or 256MB should be a big problem? Updating some programing matrix setup maybe?

Just my 2 cents worth & biggest wish item as one of your paying customers...incredible SQ from the player, btw! Congrats on a fine product! Keep up the good work! Happy

Dedicated PC - E6850 @ 3.6G - 8GB - 7TB - W7-64 Ultimate - Q=14,0,0,0,0 Noinv DoubleON - Anti Image - Pros Scheme 3 - Player/ThreadPrio Realtime - Volume 0db - Lexicon MC-12B Pro/Pre/DACs - HighEnd 7.1 System - All formats supported. XX=0.9y-8c, attended and unattended(!). Creative XFi Elite Pro, DAC is 24/96 and 32 bits is ticked.
LydMekk
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 11:08:24 pm »

Btw, the slider Q1, is it only working in Engine #3 in Vista? Neither the no. 1 or 2 gives access to it, e.g. it doesn't move.

Dedicated PC - E6850 @ 3.6G - 8GB - 7TB - W7-64 Ultimate - Q=14,0,0,0,0 Noinv DoubleON - Anti Image - Pros Scheme 3 - Player/ThreadPrio Realtime - Volume 0db - Lexicon MC-12B Pro/Pre/DACs - HighEnd 7.1 System - All formats supported. XX=0.9y-8c, attended and unattended(!). Creative XFi Elite Pro, DAC is 24/96 and 32 bits is ticked.
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 11:27:42 pm »

Btw, the slider Q1, is it only working in Engine #3 in Vista? Neither the no. 1 or 2 gives access to it, e.g. it doesn't move.

You should go to Vista (upgrade version used as dual boot perhaps?) as this (Engine #3) wipes the floor with XP on all aspects...

Basically all extra's (like the Q-setting) only work on Engine #3 (Vista).

Bert

Chris V
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 11:28:16 am »

My contribution, including some already mentioned:

1. Buttons for previous and next track selection.

2. Larger area of the screen for album cover image.

3. When a track is playing it seems protected from other operations. For instance if you hit 'clear', all tracks go except that one. It is a bit fussy having to hit stop first.

4. My biggest frustration is in selecting all tracks on an album to play from my hard drive.

The current operation is a) find the album folder on my hard drive storage, b) click on it to drop down all the track titles, c) click/hold and drag over all the tracks to select them d) hit open to transfer to XXHighend.

It would be really good to have a single button operation to select the total album - perhaps a drag and drop of the album folder (hence my interest in cue files). Perhaps this is not possible.

Music on external hard drive with own power supply. Brains of the system is a Raspberry Pi running Moode Audio. The RPI has dedicated Longdog audio linear power supply.
Signal passes first to SW1X Signature USB to SPDIF  converter
Then to SW1X Signature DAC
Then to Stevens and Billington TVC
Then to modified vintage triode amplifier
Then to open baffle speakers with vintage alnico drivers. Grundig tweeter, Saba Greencone midrange, Altec 416 VOTT base.
Everything is silver wired including mains and speaker cables
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: