XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 08:58:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  All
  Print  
Author Topic: B'ASS Current Amplifier  (Read 304657 times)
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2016, 06:22:37 pm »

Using the parallelled outputs is not optimal, but people do it more often (without me knowing). It is not really forbidden anyway.

Thanks Peter. I think I'll give it a go.

Actually, I think it is a 'simple' attenuator...

Well, apparently not a simple attenuator. I've just received the following info from the designer of the Einstein poweramp in question: "It's an attenuator, but not a simple one. It's  acting as a shunt and not in the signal path. So there is no loss in quality compared to a standard attenuator."

Sounds good to me  Happy

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2016, 06:23:52 pm »

black

Noooooo  Sad

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2016, 02:22:12 am »

Actually, I think it is a 'simple' attenuator...

Well, apparently not a simple attenuator. I've just received the following info from the designer of the Einstein poweramp in question: "It's an attenuator, but not a simple one. It's  acting as a shunt and not in the signal path. So there is no loss in quality compared to a standard attenuator."

Sounds good to me  Happy

Mani.

Hi Mani,

Which Einstein Amp do you have?  Is it OTL? 

If the amp varies gain as a method of attenuation then it probably uses some form of variable cathode shunt.  In every schematic that I have seen the current in the signal path must flow in a loop that passes through the cathode, so if that is the case then the attenuator really is in the signal path even though it is not in the "direct" signal path that you would expect unless you marked the current flow loops. 

Semantics I know, sorry.  The new PSAudio preamp does something similar with its attenuation by varying the gain of the input tube with use of (I assume) a variable cathode shunt.  This may be the very least damaging form of volume attenuation currently available, but not many are doing it and it is not that easy to develop as far as I can tell.

Sorry for the off-topic Peter, but it is only a little off-topic because we are talking about volume attenuation.

Cheers,

Anthony

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

XXHighEnd 2.11 RAM-OS (W14393 RAM)
Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2016, 08:46:06 am »

Hey Anthony, it's the OTL... in my dreams! Actually even in my dreams, I'm not sure I'd want such an amp for an office system. A totally gorgeous piece of kit though.

No, I bought a used Einstein 'Light in the Dark Mk II'. I didn't need it - I've already got a couple of really nice amps sitting around (the nicest probably being Bert's BD30-SPR monos, which I currently use to drive my K-1000 headphones). I sold my Berning Siegfried amp a couple of years and I think I just miss having a component with valves in it! (Actually my Thöress phono stage has valves, but that doesn't count.)

I think the attenuator is simpler than you're suggesting. The recommendation is to use the amp's XLR inputs because it's a truly balanced amp design. The amp also has two sets of RCA inputs per channel - one in +ve phase and one in -ve phase (so essentially connected directly to pins 2 and 3 of the XLR inputs respectively). So if you're using these inputs, you can change the phase by using one or the other input. Now, these RCA inputs can also be used as line-level outputs for multi-amping. If you do this, then the attenuator control will attenuate these outputs too, as well as the XLR input.

So it seems like a more straight forward setup than the one you suggested.

Mani.

Main System:
Office System:
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2016, 09:21:48 am »

No, not off topic at all. I take it for granted that the Attenuation will degrade anyway, unless indeed it is voltage regulating. But that needs a completely different design and is out of the question.

So it sure *is* a matter of obtaining ideas. And anyway, my first (and last ?) idea is on its way - due next week - so I can try it for measurement results. But really, I have not *any* hopes at all, plus that it isn't necessary for anything (it's necessary for nothing). And the headphone people ? they are used to it already. Soooo .... buuuut ... it is a matter of doing it the best possible way with the super clear advice that the digital attenuation of XXHighEnd should be used BUT that the volume should (and easily can) be used for TV etc. input. That looks harmless to me. Right ?

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2016, 10:21:41 am »

Hey Anthony, it's the OTL... in my dreams! Actually even in my dreams, I'm not sure I'd want such an amp for an office system. A totally gorgeous piece of kit though.

No, I bought a used Einstein 'Light in the Dark Mk II'. I didn't need it - I've already got a couple of really nice amps sitting around (the nicest probably being Bert's BD30-SPR monos, which I currently use to drive my K-1000 headphones). I sold my Berning Siegfried amp a couple of years and I think I just miss having a component with valves in it! (Actually my Thöress phono stage has valves, but that doesn't count.)

I think the attenuator is simpler than you're suggesting. The recommendation is to use the amp's XLR inputs because it's a truly balanced amp design. The amp also has two sets of RCA inputs per channel - one in +ve phase and one in -ve phase (so essentially connected directly to pins 2 and 3 of the XLR inputs respectively). So if you're using these inputs, you can change the phase by using one or the other input. Now, these RCA inputs can also be used as line-level outputs for multi-amping. If you do this, then the attenuator control will attenuate these outputs too, as well as the XLR input.

So it seems like a more straight forward setup than the one you suggested.

Mani.

Actually, with what you have just said I am more sure that I am right.  Clever design by the sound of it!

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2016, 10:53:10 am »

No, not off topic at all. I take it for granted that the Attenuation will degrade anyway, unless indeed it is voltage regulating. But that needs a completely different design and is out of the question.

So it sure *is* a matter of obtaining ideas. And anyway, my first (and last ?) idea is on its way - due next week - so I can try it for measurement results. But really, I have not *any* hopes at all, plus that it isn't necessary for anything (it's necessary for nothing). And the headphone people ? they are used to it already. Soooo .... buuuut ... it is a matter of doing it the best possible way with the super clear advice that the digital attenuation of XXHighEnd should be used BUT that the volume should (and easily can) be used for TV etc. input. That looks harmless to me. Right ?

Peter

Looking forward to what you have concocted.

Audio PC

Audio Chain
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2016, 12:30:01 pm »

Hi all,

What you see below is the case as I intend it now.
We really tried to make it look beautiful with the idea that cost is no object (hopefully some will agree).

Outside footprint is 23 x 23cm / 9.2 x 9.2". Height is 7.4 cm / 3".
The case is all 6mm aluminium, except for the back plate which is 2mm.
Cooling is provided by means of heatsinks at the sides and a large vent in the cover.

This is not all decoration since it is also a headphone amp. So of course there are a few outputs at the front (4 pin balanced + 6.5mm jack).
The switches are for attaching more of the internal amplifiers. One switch can attach one additional level of "amp" :
- with SE amplification for the Left and Right channel at the same time (a total of 4 additional amp levels possible);
- with differential amplification (balanced) for Plus and Minus at the same time for one channel (a total of 2 additional amp levels possible).

The back presents two hybrid XLR outputs (normal XLR + 6.5mm jack - thus Left / Right balanced).

There are also Inputs and Outputs for RCA and Inputs and Outputs for 75 Ohm BNC.

A rough description :

One of the inputs will connect directly to an output of choice (but is amplified for current under way); the remainder of the inputs can be input selected and is subject to volume control. This is the lesser path, but say for the convenience of connecting a TV or radio for input. Input sensitivity is not really arranged for, but the volume control can be set to memorize the level for the separate input channels.

Questions ?

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2016, 09:51:57 pm »

Hi Peter,

About the volume control, is it remote controlled?
The input - output selection is manual?

About the input - output selection I am not so sure what it means. I my case the NOS1a output will be on the BNC inputs.
From there I can select or the BNC outputs (on the back) to the amplifiers or headphone 6.5 mm jack (on the front) for my headphone.
So I can switch between those two outputs, and both will to use the higher path for best SQ? Or just one of them?

Next I could also connect via RCA my TV and switch again to the amplifiers or headphone but via the lesser path with volume control.

Is that how it will work?

The design looks great!

About the title, is it still the cheapest upgrade?

Regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2016, 09:19:53 am »

Hi there Arjan,

Cheapest upgrade ? well, what to say. Maybe not anymore. But hopefully the best looking one ?

About the volume control, is it remote controlled?

Yes. But maybe one of those knobs is able to turn as well.
The stupid thing is, the gear I need for this - ordered the 24th of April - still did not arrive from China. DHL tracking number does not exist, so I just can't test things.

The input - output selection is manual?

No, although it can be.
(same story)

I my case the NOS1a output will be on the BNC inputs.
From there I can select or the BNC outputs (on the back) to the amplifiers or headphone 6.5 mm jack (on the front) for my headphone.

Arjan, this is as vague as can be;

Let's first observe that this was designed as what we just as well can call a buffer. In your case BNC in and BNC out - done.
Then I was so smart (maybe not) to see that there can also be a headphone output. So for fun I "designed" that in. This really went without much thought about the exact how, but the least we can do is switch off the normal amplifiers and stick in that headphone jack. Right ?

Well, not so right, once you start to think about the other options surfacing, like inputs and also outputs. I mean, if I for the life of me couldn't let sound the BNC output good when it was there in parallel with e.g. RCA (and which is logic because the output impedance is molested again) then how should all this work ? Well, one thing for sure :

There is one output only. Thus, it is not so that the outputs can be selected. Thus your situation again : BNC in and BNC out and that's it. This means that all the other connectors are for inputs ...

Sure ?
No, of course not, because the dreaded headphone outputS are there as well. Mind you, three of them (4 pin XLR, Stereo Jack, and L/R XLR+Jack).

So what is this now ? A headphone amp ??

Although I know it can be done, I can not envision exactly how because I don't have that input selection stuff or anything. And, nothing would be the matter for 100% sure, IF that BNC connection did not exist. But it does - and actually most of us have precisely that.
So what needs to be done is that this needs to sound as good as without the other stuff (the headphone outputs). But say that I make an additional switch do detach the headpone outputs. Thus yes, that will be the lesser part now. That switch can also be in the normal output (say for those who don't even use speakers).

But I need the lot in my hands or otherwise I am blind ...

Thank you for the good questions.
Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
doublelife
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2016, 11:13:14 am »

Peter,

Could this B'ASS be used to feed into an electrostatic (headphone) amp?

Paul

PC  i7 / W10 10074 (x64) / hyperthreading ON (12 cores) / 32GB RAM / XX - OS on separate dedicated 256GB SSD - XXHighEnd: 2.03 / Engine#4 Adaptive / 4096 / Q1=14  / xQ1=10 / Q3,4,5=0/1/0 / SFS=4-120 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 1.0  / Scheme 3-5 / 16x Custom / Peak Extend = OFF / Unattended / Minimize OS / Phase Alignment = OFF / XTweaks = 43, 100, 1, 1, 1 > 24/768 NOS1a 75B async USB DAC driver v1.0.4 1ms > KGSSHV Carbon amp > Stax SR-009
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2016, 01:11:01 pm »

Hi there Paul - I'm afraid not.

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
doublelife
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2016, 03:17:07 pm »

Thanks, I suspected not.
Paul

PC  i7 / W10 10074 (x64) / hyperthreading ON (12 cores) / 32GB RAM / XX - OS on separate dedicated 256GB SSD - XXHighEnd: 2.03 / Engine#4 Adaptive / 4096 / Q1=14  / xQ1=10 / Q3,4,5=0/1/0 / SFS=4-120 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 1.0  / Scheme 3-5 / 16x Custom / Peak Extend = OFF / Unattended / Minimize OS / Phase Alignment = OFF / XTweaks = 43, 100, 1, 1, 1 > 24/768 NOS1a 75B async USB DAC driver v1.0.4 1ms > KGSSHV Carbon amp > Stax SR-009
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2016, 06:11:00 pm »

Okayyy

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2016, 06:15:06 pm »

Leave it like this for me  Shocked...... No paint...... Happy

very happy

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  All
  Print  

Jump to: