XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 01:03:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30  All
  Print  
Author Topic: World's first NOS 24/384 filterless DAC  (Read 554795 times)
bhobba
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2010, 02:37:50 am »

Peter,
It is still not clear to me how I should connect the NOS dac to my computer.
Do I need to prepare my computer in some way (hardware, connections?).
I understand that I have still some time to do that  Wink
Cheers, Eric. 

I want to know that as well.  I asked a few questions trying to get to the bottom of it but never really got a reply - which is quite understandable of course since it probably touches on proprietary information.  But as a potential customer I think we at least should know what we need to do at our end.  With the availability of powerful notebooks that incorporate I5's I have decided against a dedicated PC in favor of a notebook with a long USB cable connecting where I sit (or lie in my case because of my bad arthritis - but that is another story) to the USB dac.  From a convenience point of view this is a real plus and I would need one hell of a good reason to move away from it.

Thanks
Bill
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2010, 08:16:01 am »

Peter

As you invited comments, let me expand on the issue of playing analog (vinyl LPs) and RIAA conversion through XX software and NOS1 DAC.

First, my thoughts to tranfer my vinyl collection (vinyl rip to 96/24 and save files to disc) was more driven by the convenience factor; with vinyl in digital domain benefits would be
a. stored in central digital music library and easily accesible (togteher with CD rips and digital dowloads) via computer network to play at any location in my home
b. ability to play vinyl tracks in any order (from one or several LPs)
c. possibility to play through XX and take advantage of its superior abilities

Thus, the above driving the decision to look into option to transfer vinyl into the digital domain, and the discussion of better to apply RIAA in the analog or digital domain stems from that.
In other words, transfer vinyl to digital has benefits over and above the advantage of possibly applying RIAA filtering in the digital domain.

I think useful to outline three different categories of LP listening/ digital conversion using XX and NOS DAC

1. Playing LPs (in real time) with ADC conversion in NOS1 and applying (real time) filtering in XX.
  The reason for vinyl analog to digital conversion is presumably to take advantage of XX digital filtering capabilities; if not for RIAA filtering, then room adjustment and/or x-over filtering. In fact, I see no real separation between digital room adjustment filtering and RIAA filtering. In other words, would it not be feasible for a system set up to use a digital room adjustment filter in XX to have two separate filters – one room adjustment filter for regular digital (CD) files and the second the same room adjustment filter with the RIAA curve imbedded (rather than two separate filters) for vinyl playback.
Also would be great to have NOS1 capability to pipe out the signal both in digital and analog simultaneously; i.e. while playing vinyl and listening to the NOS1 analog OUT signal, the NOS1 digital OUT signal could simultaneously be routed back to the computer and saved. This way, vinyl ripping would not be a separate chore, but a by-product of listening to LPs (optimal if option provided to save the digital file either with digital RIAA filtering imbedded or w/out RIAA adjustment, see below).     

2. Playing a digital file converted from vinyl, but stored on disc as a RAW file without imbedded RIAA filtering.
The file would be subject to digital RIAA filtering in XX when played. However, as the RIAA is not embedded in the file before storing on disc, playback of the file would benefit from continued improvements in XX digital RIAA filter capabilities. (Similar idea to RAW file format for photos).  Playback would require XX (for RIAA filtering), but not necessarily require use of NOS1 DAC.

3.  Playing a digital file converted from vinyl, and stored on disc as a file with RIAA adjustments imbedded (as a result of either analog or digital RIAA filtering).
As for any other digital file neither use of XX or NOS1 DAC strictly required.
However, would be great to have XX capability to upsample a stored 96/24 file to 192/24 and 384/24, the latter presumably requiring NOS1 DAC.

Bjorn

Bjorn, thanks. So, I was quite on the wrong track with my before post. Of course this is now only your opinion (and mine was just another), but assumed your opinion is shared by everyone (and I won't be playing vinyl anyway - not real time from the turn table at least), I rather want to make it myself more comfortable plus better (SQ) playback means;

In that case I'd indeed store the file raw, and apply the RIAA correction afterwards, like with the real time turn table playback. One big difference (and this is my conveniency and the bettr SQ), it then can be done as a preprocess and fits the general approach again.

At this moment I am not sure what it takes to store a raw take from vinyl, but notice it doesn't require XXHighEnd when other software exists for it. Key will be the "no RIAA correction" and the (digital) levels the file should be recorded in. This may be about necessary headroom (for the correction) and may not be an easy thing at all. I just don't know.
The downside will be the storage space it needs, and assumed 384 will be better than 192 (or 96) the files coming from it will be huge. Also, the preprocessing may take ages (you could try current 352.8 DXD (free) downloads from 2L to see what I mean (they can be played via XXHighEnd when you have a 176.4 capable DAC)).

Anyway, what is to do is :
1. Find the good way to capture non-RIAA corrected vinyl data;
2. Find RIAA correction software.

The latter may be convenient because I maybe can just use it. Its importance for now is though, that you can proove for yourself it works. When that has been proven I can build it myself via the (hopefully) known algorithms.
Both 1 and 2 above I won't be doing now, so others may. When something has been found we (I) will proceed on it. And yes, you will need a recording device to ever be able to try. So, if necessary I can try it, after someone found potentially good software (hey, I could do all in the end. Yes, AT the END haha).

If I'm totally off again, let me know ! (and I'm aware that I don't propose real time playback anymore)

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2010, 10:27:53 am »

Peter,
It is still not clear to me how I should connect the NOS dac to my computer.
Do I need to prepare my computer in some way (hardware, connections?).
I understand that I have still some time to do that  Wink
Cheers, Eric. 

I want to know that as well.  I asked a few questions trying to get to the bottom of it but never really got a reply - which is quite understandable of course since it probably touches on proprietary information.  But as a potential customer I think we at least should know what we need to do at our end.  With the availability of powerful notebooks that incorporate I5's I have decided against a dedicated PC in favor of a notebook with a long USB cable connecting where I sit (or lie in my case because of my bad arthritis - but that is another story) to the USB dac.  From a convenience point of view this is a real plus and I would need one hell of a good reason to move away from it.

Thanks
Bill

Haha, nobody has to be afraid of not being able to connect to the DAC (says Scotty, kind of.). Therefore you don't need to know. Or at least not now. But in the end you will be knowing what you buy of course !

From a convenience point of view this is a real plus and I would need one hell of a good reason to move away from it.

No matter the i5, you don't know what you are missing. A bit difficult in your case, because you don't use XXHighEnd at all at the moment. But here are a few reasons :

• A notebook is underpowered. It always was, and it ever will, relative to desktops and the like.

• You *will* need all the power there is, no matter today it is two times more compared to one year back.

• Notice that this power is felt at nearly everything you do because of the preprocessing needed. The shorter that takes, the better it is. Always. And it will get more important when other preprocessing stuff comes around (xovers, room correction, be creative).

• There is no single means (at the moment) that can replace the speed of SATAII(I). Today you may be happy with an internal 500GB (by itself fast enough) disk, but in 3 years time (at the most) you will be in the same situation as many, and won't be knowing where and how to connect the disks. And if you do, a copy of one of them takes more than one day. This, while it can take 2 hours.

• When a notebook fails something (think in the area of glitches and the like) there is most often not more to do than throw it away. Better not be ignorant about this, because it just is so. Not so with a desktop etc. system, because virtually everything can be replaced.

• Similarly, this is all about SQ, SQ and more SQ, and a great deal of it comes from the components used. Now try to replace such a component for the better, in a notebook.

• Again similarly are your convenience options. Take the example from wimck. He bought (a new) system, but that system actually doesn't alllow him to use the HiFace. Allright, it is the fault of the HiFace, but still holds for useage. The solution was another USB controller. Try that with your notebook. And this is only one example, while dozens exist. Not today, then tomorrow (like the HiFace didn't exist "yesterday").

• Only very few things can be done with a notebook when it comes down to other OS versions. You'll need the version from the notebook manufacturer, or otherwise nothing will work. I know, these things can be done allright, but can you ? can everybody in general ? No, it is the other way around : virtually nobody can. With a notebook you are stuck in its shell.

• Apart from the underpowered thing, notebooks are slow. I wouldn't be able to work with them, because I really have better things to do than waiting for the notebook to come up with whatever it is it is doing in order to get whatever it is to be done, done. You may not recognize it, because you don't know better (just used to it), but take it from me a todays notebook is still way more slow than a normal desktop from 10 years back.

So where does this leave you for conveniency ?

You best option (I think) is to get yourself a nice flatscreen, a couple of lengthy PS2 and VGA (or DVI) cables. Drop your screen, mouse and keyboard at the place you want (which is not on you lap in my ideas) and let your music PC be as large as needed, and even close to the stereo (so you can use an USB cable (etc. !) of normal length instead of something which implies bad SQ (in theory)).

A second best option is a laptop connected by Wifi to ANOTHER PC in the same network, that PC ethernet connected to the music PC (never stuff Wifi in the music PC !). The laptop controls the music PC my means of RDC. Notice this already will degrade SQ because of the RDC activities in the music PC.

A third best option is a laptop which also controls the main machine by means of RDC but is connected by ethernet directly. This is third because less convenient, and will degrade SQ as much (whatever much means) as the before option.

So, IMO there are a hell of a lot of reasons enough to change things a bit. You do want the best sound, right ?
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
bgjohan
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2010, 03:34:51 pm »

Peter

Converting vinyl to digital and digital RIAA filter

1. Digital RIAA filter plug-in
see, free download (VST)
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/3550.html

2. Saving files
My thought was to record and save vinyl as 96/24 files.
As for upsampling in XX, I suppose upsampling of 96/24 files will require a 32 bit DAC, such as NOS1 (similar to upsampling of 16 bit files requires a 24 bit DAC).

Bjorn
listening
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2010, 03:52:54 pm »

Hi Bjorn, hi Peter,

there is not only one RIAA curve. As implemented by behold company there are "RIAA, RIAA (IEC), TELDEC, AES, Columbia LP M33, NAB,
NARTB and London M33+M45". This is the only product I know which should be near your wishes Bjorn --  http://www.behold.eu/page.php?en32118 --.

Georg

XXHE 2.10 - PC ASUS Sabertooth X99, passive Cooling / Seasonic P-400FL Platin / Core I7 6800K 6/12 cores scalable @1.2GHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 30/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 0.69) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Stop Desktop, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On
(Settings currently not stable)

USB3 from MoBo -> 2m Belkin -> Intona (Standard) with external power supply -> Clairixia cable
USB3 from MoBo -> 0,5m Belkin USB3 -> ALLDAQ ADQ-USB 3.0-ISO-PS with external power supply -> 2m Belkin USB2 cable

-> WaveIO to dddac1794 or to Soekris DAM1021
-> SMSL SU-8 ES9038
-> 2x Gainclone -> TQWT 9710M/01 + BMS 4524 Horn
-> 2x Quad 405 rebuild as mono amps with Dada Electronics boards -> Quad ESL63 Pro
-> 2x Anaview ALC0300-1300 -> Original Celestion SL6 in concrete housing
-> 2x Neumann KH-120
-> Funk MTX Monitor -> AKG K701
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #245 on: May 02, 2010, 04:01:06 pm »

Hi Bjorn, thank you.

On the Saving Files :

First off, personally I wouldn't capture at 24/96 and think it's best to upsample to 192 next. Then I would capture in 192 ...

Next, you are right that upsampling from 24/96 to 192 requires more bits officially (actually, 1 bit more in this case), but I wouldn't bother about that at all. There is nothing to perceive from even 24 bits hence from the dynamic range that brings. It is just way too large already (144dB).

If you wonder how or why, I have written more often about it. Maybe you can find it (I'd search for "dynamic range", "24 and "32" at the same time). And otherwise maybe open a new topic for it ?

Notice that the NOS1 is 24 bits, but that the output to it is 32 bits (even at 768). Here too, 32 bits would bring nothing useful !

Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2010, 04:04:20 pm »

Georg - But isn't it so that there are more of those curves allright, but only one is RIAA ? ... and *that* is the one used the most if you're only not playing vinyl from before the 1950's or so ?

Also, I think I have read that what was used before a certain year is unknown anyway, so we wouldn't know how to "recurve" it. As your phono stage can't ...

But I don't know much about it !
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
listening
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 02, 2010, 04:18:16 pm »

Hi Peter,

that's right - starting from that time (sometimes with a delay of months or years) there was one type of the RIAA curve standard. But a lot of the good records are pressed on vinyl before  Wink But there is a cutting machine at the end of the process, mostly Neumann cutting machines. They invented another cutting time constant (50 KHz roll-off) which is part of most newer LP's. It is implemented in the aquvov phono preamp -- http://www.aqvox.com/phono.html --

Georg   

XXHE 2.10 - PC ASUS Sabertooth X99, passive Cooling / Seasonic P-400FL Platin / Core I7 6800K 6/12 cores scalable @1.2GHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 30/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 0.69) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Stop Desktop, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On
(Settings currently not stable)

USB3 from MoBo -> 2m Belkin -> Intona (Standard) with external power supply -> Clairixia cable
USB3 from MoBo -> 0,5m Belkin USB3 -> ALLDAQ ADQ-USB 3.0-ISO-PS with external power supply -> 2m Belkin USB2 cable

-> WaveIO to dddac1794 or to Soekris DAM1021
-> SMSL SU-8 ES9038
-> 2x Gainclone -> TQWT 9710M/01 + BMS 4524 Horn
-> 2x Quad 405 rebuild as mono amps with Dada Electronics boards -> Quad ESL63 Pro
-> 2x Anaview ALC0300-1300 -> Original Celestion SL6 in concrete housing
-> 2x Neumann KH-120
-> Funk MTX Monitor -> AKG K701
audiodesignguide
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2010, 10:37:29 am »

Peter,
the schematic is private or public ?

Have you used a design like this one?
http://tech.juaneda.com/en/projects/digitaldecoder.html

Andrea Ciuffoli
www.audiodesignguide.com
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2010, 12:19:00 pm »

Andrea,

I looked, but no. I don't see any resemblence. The 1704 maybe, but there it stops.

Btw, that is not allowed to be used commercially, but I guess you knew that.

The design is proprietary (and owned by me).

I hope this answers your questions !
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
audiodesignguide
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2010, 01:26:41 pm »

Do you seel the dac pcb board ?

Any simplified schematic is available ?

Andrea Ciuffoli
www.audiodesignguide.com
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2010, 03:11:38 pm »

Andrea,

You wouldn't be able to do anything with the DAC board, so the answer is No for already that reason. Happy
Estimating correctly what you want to do with it (I searched my life out of me at the time), it won't work. The whole thing comprises of elements all not done before, so it is a consistent whole, no part being able to work without the other.
You might just as well start from scratch yourself ... I did that in the end (by kind of accident) ...

Thanks,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
audiodesignguide
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #252 on: May 03, 2010, 04:08:58 pm »

Peter,
Are this design able to play at 192KHz 24bit ?

There is No bit shift, no digital filter and No oversampling

The PCM63 are changed with PCM1704

* 2zz-cs8416-pcm63-dackairozu-01a.gif (35.9 KB, 1384x1010 - viewed 17792 times.)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2010, 05:48:52 pm »

Hi again Andrea,

So ... in my earlier post I said I estimated what you were up to. Now please allow me to ask you ... Happy

?

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Telstar
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2010, 05:57:34 pm »

Hi again Andrea,

So ... in my earlier post I said I estimated what you were up to. Now please allow me to ask you ... Happy
?
Peter

I think he wants to build a cheap 2ch NOS dac able to play highres material.

(2nd Apr 2018)
Software:
W10 14393 Pro x64 | XXHE 2.10 | MinOS | Q=14x1/0/0/0/0 | SFS 5,19 mixed contiguous | Nervous rate 1 | 4096k buffer |

Hardware:
OrigenAE H5 case | E5300 fanless |  8GB RAM | Winmate DC-DC fanless PSU | OS on SSD | Renesas USB3 pcie card | Belden highspeed usb cable | Audio-gd dac19 NOS with sigxer F1 | My_ref_FE mono amps | Albedo Apex speakers
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30  All
  Print  

Jump to: