Stanley, I am about to say : I don't know and I give up.
Now I wonder why this never happens to me - it happened 2 times within one month now, and both is related to something with you.
But I don't give up YET.
- Quit XXHighEnd;
- Restart XXHighEnd;
- Start playing a Track Attendedly;
- Navigate to the CVTemp folder under your XX folder. In there there's a "1" folder and sub folders with the name of the album you are playing.
- At the deepest end of that, you see the coverart.
- Double click it, ask for its properties, observe those properties. Done ?
- Quit and Restart XXHighEnd.
- Play the same track now Unattandedly.
- Bring up XXHighEnd and press Stop.
- Again investigate that Coverart location. Is it there ? All looks similar as when you looked previously ?
... which brings be to another question :
You run the XXHighEnd.exe as stored on the Audio PC, right ? I mean, you just as well can start it from a storage location on the NAS but THAT would not be good ...