XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
August 31, 2015, 12:36:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dec. 31, 2012 : XXHighEnd + Phasure NOS1 DAC receive 6moons Blue Moon Award !
** "Lonely at the very top" **
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: August 30, 2015, 05:37:00 pm 
Started by coliny - Last post by PeterSt
Hi Colin,

I still like to be persistent in thinking that the too low SFS is the real cause. Of course it is the combination, but when I set my SFS to 0.8 or lower, I can bearly "pull" the OSD screen (which comprises of Coverart, OSD Text and XXOSK).
And true, without the 1/1/1 setting you mention, it will be less of a problem (or none - I did not test).

This *IS* W10 related; so what's flawlessly in W8 (since 2.xx) is difficult in W10 for sure.

In the end we can expect that the Processor Core Appointment setting is related *and* that it is processor related. Processor speed can be related, but I don't think it really is.

Also let's keep in mind that when things are really critical, a reboot is a first thing to help. So don't fall in that pitpall, because it's not the intention to reboot each hour (you are allowed to of course, but ...).

If you like, try a few things and let me know. But don't do it for me (and notice that personal me wouldn't go without the 1/1/1).


 on: August 30, 2015, 04:19:36 pm 
Started by coliny - Last post by coliny
I tried again Q settings Q3/4/5 1/1/1 and no OSD so this is the cause. It still played though & sound quality was good. Other setting as by profile.


 on: August 28, 2015, 09:49:35 pm 
Started by michaeljeger - Last post by CoenP
Hi Peter,

No messing around with the "driver needs not be signed". I wouldn't dare!

Rebooted four times just only checking if the NOS1 was in the panel. NOS1 was there each time. I also did a reboot after playing some tracks in XXHE, no problem either.

Much better SQ returned so this was no imagination.

Don't know what causes the NOS1 not to appear in the panel or mess with the sound, let's hope it stays this way. Maybe my previous installs of 1.03 and 1.04 messed the OS up under the hood or something. Whatever.

regards, Coen

 on: August 28, 2015, 06:29:08 pm 
Started by michaeljeger - Last post by PeterSt
Coen, did you "re-mangle" with that Driver Signing field ?
What is the status of it now ? ONLY APPLY THE REFRESH (go further and you will be changing the status at the next reboot).

Take it that if you don't have this reliably working in Normal OS that I don't see how it will work for the better in MinOS.
But then I don't have problems with it anyway (and by now I did quite some installs (different PC's and different NOS1a's)).

Let me know.

 on: August 28, 2015, 04:50:08 pm 
Started by michaeljeger - Last post by CoenP
thanks for the replies,

I just booted again and no NOS1 present in the driver panel. Replugging the USB does not make a difference.

Does this all work when at Min OS?

regards, Coen

 on: August 28, 2015, 02:35:28 pm 
Started by michaeljeger - Last post by michaeljeger
I installed the 1.04 driver as well.
However, the samplerate cycling persists until I start playback in XXHighend.
Sometimes playback needs to be restarted several times until things work.

Also as mentioned before, Windows sound does not work with either driver, so for the time being, XXHighend is the only player I can use under Windows 10 (build 10074).

Hopefully, we all soon know if the current Win10 build is also as good in SQ as the 10074 build so we can potentially switch to a regular Win10 version.


 on: August 28, 2015, 10:28:52 am 
Started by michaeljeger - Last post by christoffe
Hi Coen,

a couple of weeks ago I tried W10-10074 and installed the driver 1.03 and faced the same problem ( sample rate moving along all rates in a loop and never stops). The installation of 1.04 failed on that build.

With build 10240 the driver 1.04 installation suceeded and is  stable as a rock.


 on: August 28, 2015, 09:09:01 am 
Started by michaeljeger - Last post by CoenP

Started the PC and no NOS1a in the driver panel appeared. Rebooted and it appeared again.
Saw the sample rate moving along all rates in a loop.
After starting XX and playing a track and the error message "failed to set sample rate" appeared. After two tries the music started playing. Imho this is about "catching" the right sample rate in the loop.

Now the music played, but shoot me I think it sounded pretty cr*p compared to the other day. Also later in the track there seem to be hiccups in the music. I also saw some kernel streaming errors.

I reinstalled the 1.04 driver, rebooted and the driver showed the last sample rate without looping to others sample rate. Sound seems still improvable and I experienced some hiccups (and errors). I wonder what happens in one of the next boots.

regards, Coen

p.s. the was in normal OS mode still.


 on: August 27, 2015, 01:23:47 pm 
Started by Gerard - Last post by christoffe

- Deeper, lower bass
- more clarity, presence in upper/midtone


same here Happy Happy


 on: August 27, 2015, 12:55:20 pm 
Started by Gerard - Last post by michaeljeger
I also installed the 1.04 drivers yesterday.
For me there was a perceived change in SQ.


- Deeper, lower bass
- more clarity, presence in upper/midtone

But I still have the open question which is:
Only XXHighEnd produces sound, any other software player is not working.

Regards, Michael

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1 RC2 | SMF © 2001-2005, Lewis Media Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.235 seconds with 15 queries.