XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 11:47:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cables with BNC Connectors/Adapters Are Generating A Superoir SQ  (Read 542011 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #375 on: November 09, 2014, 07:59:07 pm »

I suspect the sound that I have with the Blaxius cables would come across as pretty ordinary - nothing spectacular - to most people. But I dunno... I'm starting to think that this is how music really does sound without any 'sound enhancing' distortions - cable reflections, vibrations and perhaps room effects too. It's not the sound I've been after all these years. There's no artificial sparkle up top or room-shaking bass down below. What you get is something way more authentic instead. (Kind of reminds me of the difference between my ex-girl friends and the woman I finally married. In all the areas that really matter - not the superficial glamour but the deep and authentic character - there's simply no competition.)

Thank you Mani ...

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #376 on: November 12, 2014, 10:04:41 am »

All right. Luckily I can still have those Oh Sh*t moments.
So about walls of sound ...

I reported a few times more (maybe 2) that the presentation of the sound (music) can be such that it is impossible to determine the depth. By sort of accident I now have that again, and this is one to stay.
So Joachim, this time I have it so explicit that I now (and finally) liked to play the Seagull again. WTF !
(and yes, when I take a step back like from that sort of 3D sound I tend not to listen to such thing as the Seagull any more because I will be disappointed)

I can't call this a wall of sound, but maybe this is not really the case in your situation as well, Joachim. But still, I (we ?) can't tell. A wall of sound comes across as "massive" to me, and possibly still from some sort of plane. But I have been thinking about the possible causes of this, and it looks comfortable to think we both experience the same thing.

So now maybe as a sort of teasing for others :
At the very first notes from what I played yesterday (say for now with my new "mod") was that sound was so way outside of the speakers - I never experienced it like that. All Q sound so to speak. Think like me being at 10 meters from the speakers, while sound from left and right sprung from around 4 meters distance in front of the speakers and then from all from the sides (walls). Looks like impossible, but still so.
Of course, when you envision this, it already becomes more easy to see how no real plane of the sound can be detected, no matter how hard you try. Sound is from that 4 meters distance from the speakers to begin with, while at the same time the real source is still the speakers.
But don't apply too much math to this, because even at this 10 meters distance it was hard to tell where the sound came from, when you're, say, twist yourself more than 90 degrees from normal listening position *and* at some side (so not in the middle at all) and then you wouldn't know whether sound was from the left, right, front or back. Only twisting yourself to another angle would detect where the speakers really are.

Crazy.

What I did to achieve this is actually illegal. That is, officially not right but in a damn difficult area of electronics with by now my question to what degree schoolbooks are correct. For you it would be more acceptable because it is actually about our BNC cable again and how "you" keep on thinking that friggling around with this will always lead to some result for the better. And as we have seen by now, this is so (and quite easy to achieve), but to what degree it is perfect is something else and ... what I just did should not be perfect.
And I changed from perfect to almost illegal.

Still assumed that Joachim is able to encourage for the same wild difference (in the Wall of Sound department), then we must think about what this tin layer or nickel or gold plated etc. etc. really does. So I actually see more and more explicits about this (about the BNC to RCA adapter) and you can bet that I a. believe in the wild differences but b. they should be utilized once we understand. And a "hey it is gold plated" makes no sense to me for merits. Nothing does of course (maybe later) but that these things matter - yes.
So, finally, what is it what I did ?

I moved the "by law" output impedance resistor from as close as possible to the gain stage, to 18cm away from it. In theoretical effect we now deal with that 18cm of cable capacitance and it could inluence the output stage in bad manner. And maybe it does, so now we're up to "and do we care ?".

If you next see me saying "and don't you dare to make a next one even 1mm shorter or longer" then you can see how at least I see this as an infinite tweaking possibility. I mean, *if* this would be about reflections now occurring in that piece of cable, then they are for the better (as perceived by me) and they will for 100% sure depend on the (exact) length. Remember my *if* because again I can't tell (requires special analysers). And "if not" then the length is not (or hardly) important either but then it becomes hard to tell what makes this crazy change.
But think again about some silver/gold/nickel whatever connector/adapter and it is easy to see *that* such changes are possible anyway.

You know, when you see Joachim write such things, you may easily think "oh well - he sure will have managed to change something for the better". But now there's number two (me) - possibly in quadruple - and you just won't be able to imagine what a super crazy change actually "nothing" makes.

So I had this before and back then I came up with the Seagull example because of it. However, when I later "softened" the sound, the effect went away and I wasn't very sad because the net result was better (say less sharp, less "too dynamic").
This now (too dynamic) is all out of the way, but again it (3D) can work. You can also hear what makes it happen and this is the very special highs. As usual this is not easy to explain, but think they got more white as in where cymbals tend to go physically smaller. More resolution in it (and when too much the cymbals all end up in 10cm cymbals). A large part of this is done by the Blaxius cable but now this resolution itself becomes more profound or something. You just "see" how in fact all (the more squary) is positioned somewhere and when this smears ever so little it meshes up more in the the middle.
When I had this working previously (early Seagull times) it also worked, but there the whole spectrum received the "dynamics" and it wasn't the nicest in the end.

Right. Although you did not see it really, this should be the final result of my attempts to create something with the Blaxius cable that you can apply yourself. Or maybe not, but then go to an electronics shop with someone being able to hold a soldering iron with very small tip and the harder part of it can be done there in a minute or three (seriously) and you give the guy 10$. The remaining parts can be done by anyone who owns a soldering iron and uses it now and then, but if you're in that shop anyway ... That part will take possibly 30 minutes by that guy. You yourself may need maybe 75 minutes, including taking some breath in advance.

This is still only the NOS1a part and whether the amplifier part also needs to be done depends a bit on whether you are super satisfied without it and can phycologically overcome the BNC to RCA connector, which thus *also* can matter a lot. In any event all material will be provided for those who order(red) the cable, so you can go all directions.

How to go from BNC to XLR I did not work out yet.

Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #377 on: November 12, 2014, 12:26:04 pm »

Hi Peter,

you invested a hell of time in your  explanation, great writing.

Make it short, because my room is not as  big as yours and my seagull can’t fly ……… .

The definition for „Wall of Sound“ I used see:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_of_Sound. (The intent was to create a dense aesthetic that came across well on AM radio and jukeboxes popular in the era.)

With the nickel plated adapter or some other cables there is „nothing“ (no air) between the  instruments, it seems, that these instruments are recorded in separate chambers, not connected with each other. There is no cohesion in the soundstage as you hear it in concert halls. So, there is nothing special what I hear, and we know, every room sounds different. (see the differences between Pauls and Manis SQ's. Paul is in heaven and Mani is struggleing to get the same result)

Joachim
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #378 on: November 12, 2014, 01:44:50 pm »

Hmm Joachim, I can try a few of those examples to see whether that brings something extra in order to learn what you are referring to. I might have one example myself which is super extraordinary and which at some stage started to work : Rock you baby from Gare du Nord (from the double (blue coloured) album). So I didn't know about this explicit approach but this could be an example of it.

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #379 on: November 12, 2014, 02:33:14 pm »

Hi Peter,

the link for a “wall of sound“ is not a good sample.

Let’s explain it  in other words. In a concert hall the sound of all instruments are arriving our ears in a „mixture“ . The „ sound waves“ of each instrument and the reflextions of the walls are interacting with each other and the „final result“ is what you hear at the listening place.

The more accurate definition is, I think „ambience“  =  from Stereophile: ambience (pronounced "ambee-ints") The aurally perceived impression of an acoustical space, such as the performing hall in which a recording was made. 

Beg your pardon for my misinterpretation/confusion.

Joachim
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #380 on: November 12, 2014, 03:40:26 pm »

Hey Joachim,

I'm getting more and more under the impression that you referred to the "wall of sound" in a negative sense. Is this correct ?
(I ask this because I though you found it positive and now I am not sure)

Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #381 on: November 12, 2014, 04:06:38 pm »

Hey Joachim,

I'm getting more and more under the impression that you referred to the "wall of sound" in a negative sense. Is this correct ?
(I ask this because I though you found it positive and now I am not sure)

Regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,

The "Wall of Sound" term describes a recording technique from Phil Spector I was not aware of, and I have no record in mind with this procedure.

The SQ with a  "concert hall sound" = "ambience"  is preferred.

Joachim
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #382 on: November 12, 2014, 05:45:36 pm »

At first I will play with Peters "Blaxius", which didn't arrive until today.

Another item:

The BNC/RCA adapter from Lindy has the best performance, a nice analogue sound with a "wall of sound" stage. I tried a chromated 50Ohm adapter and the SQ got harsh and the sound stage fell apart.

Please see:
http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=3026.msg32635#msg32635

Joachim

So ? I understand that you don't like the wall of sound etc., but only after finding the WikiPedia description ?
If this is correct, what did you intend to say here then ?

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #383 on: November 12, 2014, 07:14:43 pm »

At first I will play with Peters "Blaxius", which didn't arrive until today.

Another item:

The BNC/RCA adapter from Lindy has the best performance, a nice analogue sound with a "wall of sound" stage. I tried a chromated 50Ohm adapter and the SQ got harsh and the sound stage fell apart.

Please see:
http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=3026.msg32635#msg32635

Joachim

So ? I understand that you don't like the wall of sound etc., but only after finding the WikiPedia description ?
If this is correct, what did you intend to say here then ?

Peter

Heeey Peter,

the sound what I hear is perfect, but not the definition I wrote.

When you accept that the definition of "wall of sound" is identical to "concert hall sound" and "ambience" then we are speaking the same language

When I have to judge the SQ as per the "wall of sound" definition acc. to WikiPedia, then I have to listen to one of this recordings, and I have not one in mind. The sound of the samples at WikiPedia do not meet my preferences/taste, but this were different times.

Joachim

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #384 on: November 12, 2014, 07:43:36 pm »

OK, clear now. Thanks !
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #385 on: November 18, 2014, 07:09:35 pm »

To all the interestees for the Blaxius set up ...

This is my 4th attempt of writing a post about further findings and what to do. This one I will put up finally (I hope Wink);

First thing :
When the Blaxius is used with BNC to RCA adapters - the adapters I obtained myself and of which I saw nobody obtaining exactly those - all works for the better out of all the BNC cables I tried. I was happy with that, and you should be too. It should be for the best because of the properties of the cable (which I selected myself but alas).

Next thing : we must forget about any XLR solution. Not really because it can't work, but merely because I myself can't keep on working on it forever; it takes too much of listening (and being annoyed without being able to get back to my "good" set up for the remainder of the evening (needs rewiring / desoldering / soldering) and the throughput time is just infinite (as it seems).
So I gave up on this and all what remains is that people concerned can try something themselves. How or what ? I have no clue. Because :

As you may remember, I right away jumped to the most decent (technical) solution, and this is : only BNC in your NOS1a and nothing else. NOS1a has 75 Ohm output impedance and at the amp side nothing changes but putting in a BNC input terminal, in my case instead of the RCA which was in there.
Yes, this is two steps better (if not much more) than the Blaxius with BNC to RCA adapters and not changing a thing in your NOS1a. But what one doesn't know, one doesn't know. Remember this "good advice" !

Now the bad part :
It won't work out otherwise, relatively spoken;
Whatever I all tried, after two days I was so fed up with the sound that I could not stand it. Yes, including the "sound from everywhere" and "no plane to be seen where the sound springs from". Again the sugar cubes idea; all vagens and accuracy is lost. Nice for a gag, but a one hour one.
I have experienced quite some variations of this, including a most superb bass ever (in my -also technical- opinion) but the highs were rough as hell and I couldn't take that away.
What I am saying here is that there's not even a solution of having BNC and XLR together in your NOS1a.

Keep in mind : when I say "I could not stand it" then I mean that (and I was not the only one), while Blaxius with BNC to RCA adapters was nothing of that kind; only "less good".
So never mind for this "adapter" situation XLR being also in there (like you all have it - RCA + XLR) and never mind the output impedance staying at 33 Ohm - no worries, and it should be for the far better (but, no guarantees !!).

So what is and remains is that having only BNC in there plus output impedance of 75 Ohm plus have BNC input terminals in the amps, yes, that beats all (and again by far).
Yesterday a first one was provided with this and the report is to come. At this moment : for the better or the worse, so we must wait for that a few hours (haha). Anyway, for my own situation it is all for the best (uhm, Mani has the same I realize now) and this means :

- Go to an electronics (repair) shop where they can do SMD rework and have the output impedance changed, pluse have the XLR output (wiring) removed;
- Change your RCA inputs to your amp(s) to BNC input;
- Connect the cable.
There is no other way that I can find.

For those who like to have the Blaxius : all components for this will be provided anyway, with the addition of 4 of the same BNC to RCA adapters I used myself. And yes, I even have those in sufficient amounts since today. Had to do something for you ...
Of course a guide with photos and all will be there for him or her applying the changes, so no worries about that. All will be there to put through the change *if* you are going to (let) do it anyway because of course you are first going to try the adapters.

Now, finally posted and apologies it took so long ...
Peter

PS: Questions ? please in here and not by email. Ok ?

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #386 on: November 18, 2014, 07:36:55 pm »

Work for the electronics shop should be 60 minutes including coffee break.
Be sure they do "SMD rework" ! (case size 0805)

- Replace 4 SMD resistors;
- Desolder old output wiring from the gain stage (2x in effect);
- Unscrew old output connectors (4x);
- Solder in new output wiring (2x) - this is provided with BNC connectors; Heatshring it (tubing is provided).
- Screw in BNC connectors (2x).
(this leaves two open holes which I wouldn't worry about)

If you are not satisfied you can reverse the operation (so leave the old output terminals + wires in-tact), with the notice that the newly soldered SMD resistors can stay.

Maybe this is subject to changes, but this is how I see it at this moment.

Oh, still 250 euros excl. shipping which I think should go by normal mail with some ensurance (22 euros or so).

People nearby can come bring in if they want and for 100 euros extra (no shipping) the NOS1a is done but also the amplifier's inputs are changed from RCA to BNC. Waiting fo it is a bit difficult because ~ 2 hours all together, so I don't know about that part. The amplifier can only be dealt with really when the output terminals are not soldered on some main board (but screwed in the back plate). So you'd need to investigate that first.

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #387 on: November 18, 2014, 08:21:29 pm »

Hi Peter, thanks for your explanations about the Blaxius and the BNC modifications. Could you please let me know what´s the price of your Blaxius and adapters? I remember reading about it but I can´t find the post.

Regards,
Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #388 on: November 18, 2014, 08:23:14 pm »

Juan, if all is right you just read it or you just missed it ...
Wink
haha
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #389 on: November 18, 2014, 08:29:11 pm »

Juan, if all is right you just read it or you just missed it ...
Wink
haha
Peter

I have read it but I'm stubborn or stupid or both at once so I´d like to try the xlr/bnc adapters anyway... unhappy

Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30  All
  Print  

Jump to: