XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 08:30:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cables with BNC Connectors/Adapters Are Generating A Superoir SQ  (Read 541860 times)
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 05, 2014, 09:09:26 pm »

Well Paul, that would be all the worlds upside down. Of course you can try it, if you only heard me say that what *I* perceive is 100% related to the "Blaxius" and proper impedance.

I have just tried the Custom filter again. I say again because I tried it some time ago before I got the Orelino's. My memory is hazy but it did not stay in use for very long, so I cannot have been very impressed with it at the time. But now it is a very different story. There are sounds coming from all over - the sound stage is just amazing. Bass seems even better. But the acid test is dense strings and what better test is there than to play the Lyndsay's as they deserve the very best sound quality. Strings are a big improvement smooth (but not "smoothed over") they just sound superbly silky smooth.

Obviously I cannot comment on "proper impedance" in relation to what I hear now but what I do know is what I hear and I honestly cannot imagine how this sound quality could be improved upon. But there again I would have said that last night!! and we have said it in the past and here we are!!

I have to say that listening at Mani's (B75) on Monday and listening here now (RCA) I am not convinced that B75 here would be any better. That is my honest appraisal. Otherwise I would have been blown away with what I heard at Mani's on material I know very well.

I really really would like to be wrong though - there again I do not know if I can take another big improvement in sound quality. After all I have now run out of superlatives!!

Now where is that Elvis Costello?

Cheers

Paul

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #361 on: November 07, 2014, 01:16:55 pm »

Given Joachim and Mani's reports on their RG 223 coax (solid copper, silver coated center conductor)I ordered a pair too from Pasternak here in the US. The sound is very "nice and polite,"  no HF hash and a big detailed soundstage, but it doesn't come close to the sound of "real music in the room" that I get with the L-Com RG 142 (solid copper, silver coated center conductor). The L-Com cable is quite remarkable regarding  realism and musicality: pretty much everything I play sounds like a live performance. Last night Amad Jamal, Rossiter Road, came to life as soon as I swapped the 223 out for the 142. Listened to the entire album which I rarely do. Compared to the 223's the 142's provide about 25% more information in every frequency range.

Joachim or Mani you should ask to borrow Peters L-Com RG 142's, the ones he listened too for a few minutes and thought they could never sound good, let them burn in for no less than a hundred hours, and compare them to your 223's. Let me know if I've lost my mind.

Perhaps one reason why the 142's sound so good here is that I am using W7. Given my experience with W8-- HF's are just too much and out of control--I cannot imagine the the 142's would sound very good on W8. Maybe this weekend I'll give it a try. Lastly, I also ordered some military spec, solid copper, silver-coated center conductor, RG 142's from Amphenal. They sound very similar to the L-Comm cable but they lack the realism of the L-Com's.

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #362 on: November 07, 2014, 01:41:07 pm »

Perhaps one reason why the 142's sound so good here is that I am using W7. Given my experience with W8-- HF's are just too much and out of control--I cannot imagine the the 142's would sound very good on W8.

Ahaaa ...

Now it is only too bad that W7 is nowhere for me compared to W8 and all you actually say is that W8 is too good and shows too much of other anomalies around. At least that is my experience.

I have two pairs of the 142's, one of 3 meters and one of 4 meters (IIRC) and I don't think I will be using them ...

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #363 on: November 07, 2014, 03:01:43 pm »

After my above post this morning I went for my 6 mile jog along the Shuylkill (American Indian name--no one really knows how to say it) River. As I ran, it occurred to me that I really shouldn't be offering your equipment for others to borrow! By your reply I see you didn't take offence.  Thanks! Happy

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #364 on: November 07, 2014, 05:19:32 pm »

Joachim or Mani you should ask to borrow Peters L-Com RG 142's, the ones he listened too for a few minutes and thought they could never sound good, let them burn in for no less than a hundred hours, and compare them to your 223's.

Hi Brian,

thank you for the hint.

At first I will play with Peters "Blaxius", which didn't arrive until today.

Another item:

The BNC/RCA adapter from Lindy has the best performance, a nice analogue sound with a "wall of sound" stage. I tried a chromated 50Ohm adapter and the SQ got harsh and the sound stage fell apart.

Please see:
http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=3026.msg32635#msg32635

Joachim
Jud
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 07, 2014, 10:02:59 pm »

After my above post this morning I went for my 6 mile jog along the Shuylkill (American Indian name--no one really knows how to say it) River. As I ran, it occurred to me that I really shouldn't be offering your equipment for others to borrow! By your reply I see you didn't take offence.  Thanks! Happy

Actually, Schuylkill, and (as Peter may recognize) Dutch, meaning "hidden" or "skulking" creek.  Pronounced (around here, I don't know about the Netherlands) as "SKOOL-kill."  Or sometimes "SKOOL-kull."

Win 7 64-bit; i7-950@3.07GHz; 16GB RAM; OS on SATA 6GB/s SSD; AIFF files on external FW HDD; XXHE and Playback Drive on separate RAMdisks; no page file; Audioquest Dragonfly DAC/preamp; PSE Studio IV amp; Pioneer SP-BS22-LR bookshelf speakers or Etymotic Research ER-4P in-ear monitors.  XXHE 0.9z-8-3a settings for the moment: Peak Extend; Arc Prediction; Redbook files upsampled 2x; KS Adaptive Mode; Phase Alignment off; buffer=512; Straight Contiguous; Playerprio=Low; ThreadPrio=RealTime; Unattended; OS minimized; all services off; Q1=17, factor=2; SFS=2.1; XXTweaks=Ultimate; Time Performance Index=Not the best.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #366 on: November 08, 2014, 09:39:35 am »

Ehm, no. After two days of playing with the Custom Filter I again started to recognize a too much of the same (sound) but especially I noticed the more "machine". So in the middle of an album a switched back to Arc Prediction and all was well again. It grabbed me right away.

Regards,
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #367 on: November 08, 2014, 09:51:15 am »

Hi Peter, how are you doing in the search for some solution for the ones with only XLR connections in the amp to use a BNC cable?

Regards,
Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
CoenP
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 08, 2014, 10:06:28 am »

Actually, Schuylkill, and (as Peter may recognize) Dutch, meaning "hidden" or "skulking" creek.  Pronounced (around here, I don't know about the Netherlands) as "SKOOL-kill."  Or sometimes "SKOOL-kull."

Check, but no creek is involved by the word itself. In current spelling it is 'schuilkel': a synonym for a shelter.

Regards, Coen

Settings: Qn: , SFS: , timeres: XT tweaks: , buf: 4096, driver: 8 ms,

Audio PC (jan 19): XXHE PC v1 with RAMdisk w.o. videocard and 1 of 2 cpu fans + BRIX/USB3 storage musicserver. ETN to Fibre converters (linear supplies), 500m SFP modules & 5m OM4 cable. Power cable PE not connected, together with nos1 and poweramp in separate "audio" powerstrip.

Clarixa set + Intona (or Lush 1m), Phasure NOS1a-75B G3 USB (buf 16 ms)-> Blaxius ->SE EL95 (0,8W triode) + cheap link to Abaqus 300W plateamps> Bastanis cable-> Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo ("DIY").

[other sources: TD124/3009SII-i/Grace F9/lounge LCR phono; Rega Planet 1997 vintage]
GerardA
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 08, 2014, 11:50:29 am »

From Wikipedia:
As a body of water, a kill is a creek. The word comes from the Middle Dutch kille, meaning "riverbed" or "water channel".[citation needed]

The term is used in areas of Dutch influence in the Delaware and Hudson Valleys and other areas of the former New Netherland colony of Dutch America to describe a strait, river, or arm of the sea. Examples are Kill Van Kull and Arthur Kill, both separating Staten Island, New York from New Jersey, Dutch Kills and English Kills off Newtown Creek, Bronx Kill between the Bronx and Randalls Island, and used as a composite name, Wallkill River in New York and New Jersey and the Schuylkill River in Pennsylvania. Fresh Kills is the primary waterway that leads to the former Fresh Kills landfill which serviced the city of New York in the second half of the 20th Century and was once the largest landfill in the world.[1]

In Delaware, there exists a Murderkill River. "Kill" also shows up in many location names such as the Catskill Mountains, the city of Peekskill and the town of Fishkill, New York. A reference to 'kil' can be found in Dutch geographical names, e.g. Dordtsche Kil, Sluiskil (in the Terneuzen municipality), or Kil van Hurwenen.

asrock ->intel 6700/4GB/Samsung 850 SSD/Win 10() Pro /XXHE 2.09  Special (32) Clock: max ,SFS: 4  MC, Q1 = 14, Q2,3,4,5=0,0,0,2 Quad AP, No Invert / Playerprio = Belownormal / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = 3 / Mixed contigious / Unattended -> Minidsp 2x4HD (IIR and FIR)->  Mivoc AM80 / 300B / gainclone -> TDL TL/Seas Excell/ScanSpeak
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #370 on: November 08, 2014, 01:49:10 pm »

Whoa! My bad. I just assumed such a crazy spelling had to be an Indian word. Thanks for the deep analysis, learn something new every day.

CoenP
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 08, 2014, 06:11:38 pm »

I stand corrected by the omnipotent Wikipedia. I guess there once was a mister Schuyl since they tend to be named after persons (discoverer? Proprietor?).

Regards, Coen

Settings: Qn: , SFS: , timeres: XT tweaks: , buf: 4096, driver: 8 ms,

Audio PC (jan 19): XXHE PC v1 with RAMdisk w.o. videocard and 1 of 2 cpu fans + BRIX/USB3 storage musicserver. ETN to Fibre converters (linear supplies), 500m SFP modules & 5m OM4 cable. Power cable PE not connected, together with nos1 and poweramp in separate "audio" powerstrip.

Clarixa set + Intona (or Lush 1m), Phasure NOS1a-75B G3 USB (buf 16 ms)-> Blaxius ->SE EL95 (0,8W triode) + cheap link to Abaqus 300W plateamps> Bastanis cable-> Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo ("DIY").

[other sources: TD124/3009SII-i/Grace F9/lounge LCR phono; Rega Planet 1997 vintage]
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #372 on: November 09, 2014, 04:22:07 am »

The BNC/RCA adapter from Lindy has the best performance, a nice analogue sound with a "wall of sound" stage. I tried a chromated 50Ohm adapter and the SQ got harsh and the sound stage fell apart.
Joachim

I'll give the Lindy a try but am wondering about the adapter you tried that was harsh. Was it plated with nickel, silver or both? Most are just nickel plated. The ones I've been using have silver plated contact with a nickel plated body. They have no harshness and provide a "wall of sound" too.

http://www.rfcoaxconnectors.com/product-categories-adapters-BNC50.html

christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #373 on: November 09, 2014, 01:11:49 pm »

Joachim

I'll give the Lindy a try but am wondering about the adapter you tried that was harsh. Was it plated with nickel, silver or both? Most are just nickel plated. The ones I've been using have silver plated contact with a nickel plated body. They have no harshness and provide a "wall of sound" too.

http://www.rfcoaxconnectors.com/product-categories-adapters-BNC50.html

Hi Brian,

the adapters are nickel plated only. With voices (Caroline Henderson) the difference comes immediatly.

Joachim
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #374 on: November 09, 2014, 04:53:51 pm »

Joachim or Mani you should ask to borrow Peters L-Com RG 142's, the ones he listened too for a few minutes and thought they could never sound good, let them burn in for no less than a hundred hours, and compare them to your 223's.

Hey Brian, I'm not going to try any new cables from here on in. I'm done with this game.

I wouldn't refer to the Blaxius cables as a revelation in my system, but it occurred to me recently that since they've been in that I've been just sitting back and listening to way more music than I normally do (when I'm at home that is). There's just nothing out of place. Nothing shouting for attention. Just the music. I don't know how to describe it other than totally non-fatiguing, and yet still totally full of detail.

I suspect the sound that I have with the Blaxius cables would come across as pretty ordinary - nothing spectacular - to most people. But I dunno... I'm starting to think that this is how music really does sound without any 'sound enhancing' distortions - cable reflections, vibrations and perhaps room effects too. It's not the sound I've been after all these years. There's no artificial sparkle up top or room-shaking bass down below. What you get is something way more authentic instead. (Kind of reminds me of the difference between my ex-girl friends and the woman I finally married. In all the areas that really matter - not the superficial glamour but the deep and authentic character - there's simply no competition.)

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30  All
  Print  

Jump to: